OTA 4.3.2 Repeated Failures Installing

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
My truck downloaded 4.3.2 a little over a week ago and has been trying to install it at the scheduled times overnight and I have tried the install now option at least 7-8 times, in all its probably tried to install 4.3.2 at least 20 times…all failures.

I have used my mongoose in the past to install OTA’s so I am somewhat familiar with the whole process.

I know some of the things don’t matter but..
I am Connected to my home router
parking brake is set
I checked battery voltages with my OBDLINK MX+, 12v battery SOC is good (i’ve even tried installing 4.3.2 with a battery charger on it)

I do know the the high voltage battery SOC is only about 50%, would that stop an OTA install?
Can someone take a look at my VIN to see if there is an obvious reason why this OTA has already downloaded but won’t install or does anyone have any ideas?

2021 Limited

1FTFW1ED3MFA94078
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You have a low battery issue. You have two OTAs pending. One APIM and one for the Cluster.

Ford F-150 OTA 4.3.2 Repeated Failures Installing 1694360092101

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I may be incorrect but 4.3.2 is supposed to be repackaged old update. Entirely possible the update has nothing to do if you have used FDRS in the past.

Definitely need to address your battery though.

OP
OP
charliecbp

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You have a low battery issue. You have two OTAs pending. One APIM and one for the Cluster.

1694360092101.png
Jesse which battery is the problem, the 12v battery is fully charged, I know the hybrid high voltage battery SOC is low, would that affect an OTA?

OP
OP
charliecbp

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I may be incorrect but 4.3.2 is supposed to be repackaged old update. Entirely possible the update has nothing to do if you have used FDRS in the past.

Definitely need to address your battery though.
I did download and install quite a few things with FDRS 3-4 weeks ago

Sponsored

FordHuntFish

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
I’m having the same issue. Would someone be able to look up my VIN?
1FTFW1ED6MFB78430

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’m having the same issue. Would someone be able to look up my VIN?
1FTFW1ED6MFB78430
It failed several times due to low battery SOC. At this point, the OTA trigger has expired. You have to wait for Ford to resend it to you to try again.

FordHuntFish

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
It failed several times due to low battery SOC. At this point, the OTA trigger has expired. You have to wait for Ford to resend it to you to try again.
Thanks for the info! I'll do some research, but are you able to provide any information on what the low battery SOC is and how to fix it?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Jesse which battery is the problem, the 12v battery is fully charged, I know the hybrid high voltage battery SOC is low, would that affect an OTA?
Your truck does not recognize your battery as being charged. Try the BMS reset procedure. According to PTS, your battery capacity and SOC is very low. You may need your battery replaced.

"errorCode":"InhibitRequiredHvNotQualifiedLvLow(204)""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"38""currentLvBatteryDataQuality":"OK""currentLvBatteryVoltage":"12""currentLvBatterySoc":"41""currentLvBatteryTemperature":"48""dynamicPostUpdateSocThreshold":"41""estimatedTimeToActivate":"420""estimatedTimeIncludingRollback":"562""currentDrainRate":"9"

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks for the info! I'll do some research, but are you able to provide any information on what the low battery SOC is and how to fix it?
This is the error code recorded in PTS the last time it failed:

"errorCode":"CooldownFailed(8)""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"71""currentLvBatterySoc":"81""availableLvBatteryCapacity":"57510"

Your SOC is not terrible, but your battery capacity is being recorded at 71 out of 100. From what I THINK this means, even if your SOC was at 100%, your battery capacity being only at 71% may still cause this to fail. To fix SOC, you simply charge the battery. However, if you battery has deteriorated over time, you cannot "fix" the capacity part. Only putting a new battery in will fix that. I would try to reset the BMS to make sure your truck is reading your battery stats correctly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
charliecbp

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your truck does not recognize your battery as being charged. Try the BMS reset procedure. According to PTS, your battery capacity and SOC is very low. You may need your battery replaced.

"errorCode":"InhibitRequiredHvNotQualifiedLvLow(204)""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"38""currentLvBatteryDataQuality":"OK""currentLvBatteryVoltage":"12""currentLvBatterySoc":"41""currentLvBatteryTemperature":"48""dynamicPostUpdateSocThreshold":"41""estimatedTimeToActivate":"420""estimatedTimeIncludingRollback":"562""currentDrainRate":"9"
is it the 12v battery that is low SOC?

OP
OP
charliecbp

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll try the BMS Reset, I have fully charged the battery and had the OTA fail and I have tried it with the battery charger on the battery and had it fail.

Thanks for the help!!

FordHuntFish

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
This is the error code recorded in PTS the last time it failed:

"errorCode":"CooldownFailed(8)""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"71""currentLvBatterySoc":"81""availableLvBatteryCapacity":"57510"

Your SOC is not terrible, but your battery capacity is being recorded at 71 out of 100. From what I THINK this means, even if your SOC was at 100%, your battery capacity being only at 71% may still cause this to fail. To fix SOC, you simply charge the battery. However, if you battery has deteriorated over time, you cannot "fix" the capacity part. Only putting a new battery in will fix that. I would try to reset the BMS to make sure your truck is reading your battery stats correctly.
Sounds good and thanks! I'll try resetting BMS. I also have a service appointment this friday and I'll mention it to the dealership.
Sponsored