First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 xlt sport
Occupation
Construction
Hi guy i have the same problem, on my new f-150 . 8 years ago i had same vibration , with a silverado, i try all, tire , balance, aligment , drive shaft aligment , i resolve it 1,5 years later , a bought cale for change the angle of drive shaft and differential, maybe it the same Problem ??
did some one look at direction , or would try it ?
Sponsored

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
Hey Guys and Gals... bringing this thread back from the dead so to speak.

My F-150 had this exact same issue (and I've replaced wheels, tires (twice), gone to different tire shops, taken it to multiple different dealers who said they couldn't replicate an issue or it was normal, and finally someone told me in passing the other day to check something obvious...

Brake Rotors (or discs, whichever you prefer).

They were a little shiny but didn't look bad and I didn't have any major vibrations when braking hard but he said "brake rotors are balanced and I'd bet yours aren't". When I took the driver side front rotor off you could kind of see some casting flaws (but didn't look unusual) and there was a bit of rust build up on the hub (apparently the '21s include rust as a feature based on other threads) so I went after it with brake clean and a brass brush and reassembled everything with new front rotors.

My truck now drives up and down the same stretch of road the wheel vibrated on at 75 without a hint of a vibration... I can let CoPilot 360 take over and look at it and not feel or see a thing.

Brake Rotors. What an obvious thing.

P.S.: I did search other threads online about rotor balance and there were multiple posts about "rotors can't be balanced" or "rotors wouldn't cause your wheel to shake"... well, you're wrong.

Jack Miter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I had a similar issue with my 2016 F150. I would have a bad random vibration and shutter the would get worse with speed. Took me a while to connect the dots, but it would be after every time I used the E-brake. Turns out it wouldn't fully release and would bind just enough to to be grabbing the high spots, or slight warp in the drum. When I took the rear brakes apart the E-brake shoes were rusted together on the top pivot point. When you engaged the brake there was just enough rust in there to keep it hung up. After cleaning and brushing... vibration gone.

I don't think the vibrations some of us are feeling is brake related though. My shudder/tugging only happens when the truck is lugging in a higher gear going up grades. When I lockout 10/9 or 8 on those grades the shudder is diminished... though still slightly there.

I will be switching to a winter set of wheels/tires in the next couple weeks so I will certainly take a look at the rotors as well.

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercab Sport
Occupation
Operations Manager
I just pickup minea week ago, xlt sport on 20’s with the 2.7 EB and at over 65mph when I slightly press the throttle on the highway the truck shake like the tuning of the engine is bad or there a boost leak. But I don’t have any cel at all. My truck got only 300miles on it. Anyone have this issue?
Did you ever get this sorted out? I have the same problem. You described my issue perfectly. At 60MPH to 70MPH the engine is very loud. I also get a shudder under acceleration. When I take my foot off the pedal, the loud buzzing rough running sound goes away. This goes away over 70. Any thoughts or help?

Audiss

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 fx4
Ugh. Im fighting this as well. Story thus far. 2014 fx4 im second owner 60k on it. When I purchased it it had 18’s and some crappy new off brand tire. I had a bad shake 50-60 was the worst but would even out a bit over 70 but was still there. Went round and round with dealer. Did rear breaks. Rotors/calipers/pads and they balanced (not road forced). They say things are good and i get it back and it’s just as bad. For giggles i find a pair of 20’s rims a buddy of mine had with some 1/4 tread handkooks. I thought it wouldn’t hurt to test so i swap all the rims/tires. Sure enough things are gone and feel good. I didn’t want to mess with the old rims being the problem if i got new tires so just thought id keep these 20’s off a 2019 f150 and get new tires for em. I put on some general grabber 275/55-20’s. Things seemed great. I leave on a road trip today and get about 4 hours in and things start up with the vibration again. Any thoughts? My only thinkin here is maybe something to do with weight in the rear? Im about down to 1/4 of a tank, is it possible the increased weight from a fuller tank keep this away? We are gonna fill up in the AM and see if it gets better... at a hotel for the night. Only thing left would be driveline stuff or suspension. It’s really a shame. I want to love this truck.

Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
I had an Impala in 1970 with horrible vibration at 70 mph. The front rotors were machined wrong and bolt circle was running out of round because of hub center machined wrong. Finally different rotors solved issues. You could mess with 10 sets of tires and never fix it.

hxrly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Exact same issue on my 2022 XLT with 20" I just picked up a couple weeks ago. At 80 mph, which is normal speed limits in TX, it vibrates a significant amount. I already have 2k miles on the truck.

I've owned 3 recent F150s, all sport package, with 18s and none have had this vibration. At least I'm happy to read it's the tires/possibly rotors and not the driveshaft or something worse. I wanted to get the 18" wheels which I think look better, but there wasn't a lot of trucks to choose from. I should be dropping mine off this afternoon since I have a 4k like road trip coming up next week.

Last edited:

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
I just purchaseed my 2021 F150 a week ago. I didn't test drive it because I already driven enough at differend dealships. I picked this one because of the color and options. It is a supercrew XLT with sport package. It has the 20" wheels. I traded in a 2020 Sierra Elevation and got more than I paid for it. I needed (wanted) the 302A package. Anyway, I have a slight vibration at hwy speeds. I now have about 600 mile on the truck. I emailed my salesman and I set up an appointment with the dealership. It's not a crazy vibration but it's more than I should have on a brand new truck. My Sierra rode smooth. My 2018 Silverado was a smooth rider. My wife's 2020 Accord with 19" wheels rides smooth. I'm really concerned about this vibration. I hope then can fix it.
What engine and rear axle?

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I have the same issue with my 2021 limited PB. I had it in couple weeks ago, they said 3 tires needed to be rebalanced. Its better but I can still feel the vibration ! VERY ANOYING on a $105k new truck ! Will be taking it back

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 SCEW (current), 2022 f150 (ordered)
Any further info? I have a slight vibration from 50-70mph. 5.0 with 3.73 gears. Level kit and 34” nitto ridges. My 2019 had it too a bit. Thinking it’s the heavier tires that cause it? I dunno though, as there trucks with stock wheels doing this too.
Sponsored