First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Yeah, I have to kind of agree with you, not my taste.

I'm more of earth tone color person, guess that is why I love the KR so much. I have all black in my Hellcat and it is fine but wish I had gotten the brown leather color.

The problem was the photos made it look too orange. When I finally saw one in person, I was like, CRAP! I really liked it but I'm fine with the black just liked the brown better.

I like my wife's Lexus interior, has bamboo real wood accents. This photo gives it more orange than it really is.
20200403_124643.jpg

20200403_124650.jpg
Are you referring to the Carmelo looking orange on photos?
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Are you referring to the Carmelo looking orange on photos?
the bamboo wood has a little more orange in the photo than it really is. It's more tan colors, the sun seems to make it look like there is some orange in it.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Did you find any KR you like or would buy?
Yeah Star White is a popular one. Though I am having seriously second thoughts on getting mine is star white. Carbonized Grey and Iconic silver are calling my name. I had a while truck before and it felt... boring? Idk. Not sure if changing the color takes away my place in line.
There are only 2 KR in the system coming to Northern California (Elk Grove and Fairfield) and neither are hybrid. I have to just wait.

My kids are making fun of me for getting white and already calling me a "boomer". I'm coming from a black XLT sport that I think looks awesome clean but boy does it show dirt quick. I think my star white with the stone gray (brown) stripe looks awesome though.

I really like antimatter blue as it is a bit darker than blue jeans (my previous favorite) but the wife really wanted the white.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
There are only 2 KR in the system coming to Northern California (Elk Grove and Fairfield) and neither are hybrid. I have to just wait.

My kids are making fun of me for getting white and already calling me a "boomer". I'm coming from a black XLT sport that I think looks awesome clean but boy does it show dirt quick. I think my star white with the stone gray (brown) stripe looks awesome though.

I really like antimatter blue as it is a bit darker than blue jeans (my previous favorite) but the wife really wanted the white.
Once I got my first white car, they have all been white since. Even a dirty white car at distance looks clean, you have to get close to really tell. Other light colors are the same way I just really prefer the metallic white like the star white.

Scratches don't hardy show up either but I am anal about keep my vehicles clean and well waxed.

I had a black vehicle one time and like you said, was beautiful when clean but even small dust shows up and water spots are very hard to remove. Black is also the softest paint there is, scratches very easy and even shows swirl marks that are not deep at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Any one know if OTKB occurred yesterday?
I have not but I did get some disturbing news from the plant.

Not 100% but from a reliable source, they had to shut down the body shop down for a few days yesterday. Rumor is, a supplier has had a virus issue and it has caused a delay in some necessary parts/supplies. Was told they sent folks home and told to report back Monday.

Hopefully just a hiccup

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I have not but I did get some disturbing news from the plant.

Not 100% but from a reliable source, they had to shut down the body shop down for a few days yesterday. Rumor is, a supplier has had a virus issue and it has caused a delay in some necessary parts/supplies. Was told they sent folks home and told to report back Monday.

Hopefully just a hiccup
Thanks for the update. I too hope it is a minor hiccup! For all our sanity!

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
Heard from my dealer today. The inventory manager informed me that OKTB did NOT happen today. He didn't give a reason as to why, but did say it didn't happen today as expected. He also said my scheduled build date was pushed out another week, but he did have a VIN for me. So I have that going for me. Progress.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Heard from my dealer today. The inventory manager informed me that OKTB did NOT happen today. He didn't give a reason as to why, but did say it didn't happen today as expected. He also said my scheduled build date was pushed out another week, but he did have a VIN for me. So I have that going for me. Progress.
stock or retail order? Also when did you place your order?

congrats on getting your vin!

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
stock or retail order? Also when did you place your order?

congrats on getting your vin!
Stock order. I placed it on 09/21. Platinum Powerboost FX4 Antimatter Blue Carmelo 6 1/2 bed with spray in bedliner worksurface and 7.2 KW generator

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Posted on another thread but need it here too. Completed yesterday and off the line. ?

Ford F-150 (Nov 10) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 1605325574285

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Someone I know on another forum was trying to get the $2500 personal rebate I had gotten. He was not having any luck till recently. This is what he said.

"I just got mine by taking a different route. I went to the owner.ford.com website. I went to the drop down box in the top right hand corner and signed in. I then went back to the drop down box and clicked on "account". Then the $2500 offer popped up. I then filled out the form and it was emailed to me in about a minute."

I already had an account with the "FordOwners" site and that may be why I got mine.

Thought this might help any who have not had any luck getting the Personal Rebate. If you try it and it works please post about it.

Good luck!(y)

desertlivin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3, 2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Network Architect
I really like my silver Tacoma, but it has all black interior. The carmelo stripe in the Unique Black interior of the Platinum has me questioning my color choices. I just don't like an interior/exterior combo that doesn't compliment. All black would have matched up with everything, black with carmelo accent, not so much. I know it is personal preference, and it doesn't bother everyone, but it bothers me.
Agreed, I have the Platinum ordered with the black interior and carmelo accent. I would prefer a full black interior as well, the carmelo accent really detracts from the interior, in my opinion.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Agreed, I have the Platinum ordered with the black interior and carmelo accent. I would prefer a full black interior as well, the carmelo accent really detracts from the interior, in my opinion.
Can the accent strip not be dyed black? I've seen them refurbish some leather on TV and it looked like a pretty easy mod.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is from my guy that works at Dearborn. Not the best news I was hoping for.

"Everybody is back to work. Still don't know the reason things were shut down. Most trucks are moved to the rail yard the same day they roll out of Final. But with Batch and Hold, they are moved to holding lots Ford has around the area, including other plants like Flat Rock or Michigan Assembly. Nothing is being shipped. No word on when we achieve OKTB. We are still not producing anywhere near what we usually do on a normal day"
Sponsored