Not getting security alerts notifications from FordPass on Android

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Do you have the latest updates that include full screen Carplay and Android Auto?

Not sure what does the Ford Pass in my phone have to do with Carplay (Android Auto in my case) and alerts.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I was told that it was disabled in the most recent OTA updates and will be re-enabled when it can be made more reliable. Haven't been able to confirm that though.
I’ve had my truck for a little over a month, there is no securalert in my FordPass app. I also read about ford removing it to refine it. ~dons tinfoil hat~ dealers pressure ford to deactivate it because customers were calling them out on tracking them and holding the accountable.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve had my truck for a little over a month, there is no securalert in my FordPass app. I also read about ford removing it to refine it. ~dons tinfoil hat~
I have the alerts in the app, I am just not getting them as an "alert" on the phone. If I go to the FordPass app I have a list of which door opens and when, but it won't 'alert' me when its done.

.......customers were calling them out on tracking them and holding the accountable.
And rightfully so!

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's probably why Securalert is still working for you.

Are you referring to updates in the truck itself?
If so - I am not getting updates.
Regardless - let's assume that's why Securalert is still working. Fordpass app shows (if I search for it) security alerts. Why is it not popping a notifications on my phone? Clearly whatever Ford did to "disable" alerts isn't working, how can it - and why would it - only affect the notification function on my phone?

lrb_35128

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
Resurrecting an old thread.

What's the latest status on this? - Does the app receive alerts -or- simply a log you can review if/when interested? (Meaning: hobbled and quasi-useless for timely security responses?)

TIA

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Resurrecting an old thread.

What's the latest status on this? - Does the app receive alerts -or- simply a log you can review if/when interested? (Meaning: hobbled and quasi-useless for timely security responses?)

TIA
No alerts, it's gone from the app.