• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
You may want to recheck that. You ordered a 2022 MME. 2023 ordering won't be open for months. 2022 Select and GTs can still be ordered.
Might not get it in 5 to 6 months either, depending on what he ordered. I ordered a Premium AWD on Feb 23rd and was told I'd be lucky to get it this year.
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
My tinfoil hat tells me they ended early because the conversion rate was going south and they didnt want to trickle out endless micro-waves of invitations just to get the last projected platinum sold. They also didnt want to start wave 6 with nothing but platinum left because it might just plain look bad.

They're probably lining up MY 2023 to be a part of their Model E push. It's possible the number of dealers will become more exclusive with model E and the no Haggle(Saturn) approach. They were probably annoyed and frustrated with the PR mess and want to close off EV's from traditional dealers soon before relaunching ordering for possibly both 2023 Mach E and Lightning under model E . It doesn't answer how ordering will look like, but I suspect the ADM will not be a factor next MY.

I dont think Prices will go up in any staggering way like Rivian did. Rivian blamed inflation, but I think Rivian's real problem was they didnt know how to properly cost out their build process.
Keep the theories coming, it's great entertainment. Not to be a spoil sport, but those model year changeover dates were prolly set about a year ago. But ignore that, and stay strong, tin hats.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I would have gladly have ordered one of those platinums.
As would many other people. There is no way that Ford stopped at wave 5 because they were fearful of not being able to find buyers for the remaining slots.

They had higher order conversion than expected and/or supply constraints that made it impossible to build more. Either one of those would cause an abbreviated order season.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
It will be interesting to see what Ford does with pricing for MY 2023. For the Bronco, they locked in the first year pricing for reservation holders who did not order and I am hoping they do the same for the Lightning.
Hoping for the same, but pretty sure they’ll raise the price substantially.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Might not get it in 5 to 6 months either, depending on what he ordered. I ordered a Premium AWD on Feb 23rd and was told I'd be lucky to get it this year.
Agree. Totally dependent on chip availability. My 5/29/21 order went into Production on 1/19, and on 3/1 was declared Built. If it arrives at end of March, that's 10 months.

Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
I'm at the Order page on ford for the MME GT Performance; what's your take on it since you own one?
I own the Premium AWD version and absolutely love it. No major issues after 19000 miles. There have been a few glitches here and there that self correct but nothing outrageous. Auto wipers do sometimes swipe for no reason so I typically leave them off unless it is raining and then switch to auto.
Ride is great. I've road tripped between TN and MD numerous times and exclusively used EA chargers. Have had a few issues with them but have never left a location with out charging to my desired level. 20-80% takes me about 30-40min.

The FordPass app is OK, it has it's own issues and hopefully they get them sorted out. Phone As A Key, for me and the wife has been pretty darn reliable. A few minor issues but we have never been locked out or whatever. Probably 95% as effective as a FOB in your pocket, I'd say but it does work for us just maybe not as fast as a FOB would.

I could go on but please message me here if you have anything specific you want to know. I do not know much about the GTPE however

jamborj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GMC Sierra SLT
Occupation
Project Manager DOD
same email , also disappointed how Ford handled this rollout. Chevy looking better for 2024. oh well lifetime Ford guess its time for a change.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
same email , also disappointed how Ford handled this rollout. Chevy looking better for 2024. oh well lifetime Ford guess its time for a change.
The same Chevy without an actual product? You heard about the Bolt buybacks? I wouldn’t touch a Chevy EV product.

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
F-Type R; Corvette GS; F-Pace; Rav4; Seltos
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I own the Premium AWD version and absolutely love it. No major issues after 19000 miles. There have been a few glitches here and there that self correct but nothing outrageous. Auto wipers do sometimes swipe for no reason so I typically leave them off unless it is raining and then switch to auto.
Ride is great. I've road tripped between TN and MD numerous times and exclusively used EA chargers. Have had a few issues with them but have never left a location with out charging to my desired level. 20-80% takes me about 30-40min.

The FordPass app is OK, it has it's own issues and hopefully they get them sorted out. Phone As A Key, for me and the wife has been pretty darn reliable. A few minor issues but we have never been locked out or whatever. Probably 95% as effective as a FOB in your pocket, I'd say but it does work for us just maybe not as fast as a FOB would.

I could go on but please message me here if you have anything specific you want to know. I do not know much about the GTPE however
Thank you, TRP... No questions at the moment but I'm sure I will later... You have 19K on your Baby, wow. I've a 2019 Corvette and I have only 6K ?

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Hoping for the same, but pretty sure they’ll raise the price substantially.
The current MSRP on F150Ls includes 10% profit for the dealer including whatever Ford makes. If Ford goes to fixed pricing Ford has that 10% on top of what profit they make to play with in setting a price that allows Ford to "moderate" the price increase AND increase their profit.

Last edited:

genemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 Super Duty and more
Occupation
retired
I signed up on day 1, this would have been my 8th ford product so early signup or strong customer loyalty does not matter. Last october ford had a program where dealers could choose who got to order first so I assume there was some quid pro quo to get bumped up on the list. Leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth about ford and the ford dealer network. If you aren't on the inside list then you don't get a vehicle

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
The current MSRP on F150Ls includes 10% profit for the dealer including whatever Ford makes. If Ford goes to fixed pricing Ford has that 10% on top of what profit they make to play with in setting a price that allows Ford to "moderate" the price increase AND increase their profit.
OR simply increase the price and take all the money….but ???? for positive thinking! I hope I’m wrong and you’re right.

Kevin22

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Systems Test Engineer
Would you keep an order for a Mach E Select? Only want to keep until I get to take delivery of the new Lighting. Maybe late 2023 or early 2024? Trying to be real on when I might get the new Lighting? Could cash in on the EV rebates this year!

Can’t keep crying about not getting my number pulled in the first 5 waves.

I gotta move on, gotta keep going, what lies ahead I have no way of knowing…

And yes I got the email from Ford on Friday.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I would. But I also ordered a Mach-E Premium before the order back closed on them last month. But I plan on keeping both.
Sponsored