First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT PB hybrid. 2018 Ford Flex
Occupation
Professor at University of Houston
I just purchased a 2021 PB XLT with 15000 miles. What a sweet truck. I will need to read the owner's manual to figure out all the dang-nav controls and features on this truck. Coming off a 2020 STX, it's a big difference. As I get used to driving it, I will certainly tune into this forum to see what others are saying about certain issues. btw...Just before I went to pick up the truck, I read an article that Consumer Reports rated the PB at the very bottom for reliability. OUCH.
If anyone knows of issues with the 2021 PB, guide me to the proper posts.
Thanks.
This forum rocks.
Sponsored

SRMD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Sequoia, 2019 Outback, 1998 XJ
Really depends on your options. If you have Max Tow package, then the axle bolt is certainly a concern. This is the first thing I would check and review the thread associated with that, if it applies to you. Another concern is cold start sounds, where it sounds like a pump starving for fluid. This seems to depend on your climate. Below 10F seems to be a temp of concern.
These are a couple items that may or may not apply to you.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I just purchased a 2021 PB XLT with 15000 miles. What a sweet truck. I will need to read the owner's manual to figure out all the dang-nav controls and features on this truck. Coming off a 2020 STX, it's a big difference. As I get used to driving it, I will certainly tune into this forum to see what others are saying about certain issues. btw...Just before I went to pick up the truck, I read an article that Consumer Reports rated the PB at the very bottom for reliability. OUCH.
Thanks.
This forum rocks.
Welcome and grats. Something to know about CR. They are a for-profit company hiding under a non-profit badge. A large portion of their 250 million annual revenue comes from corporate "donations". Just like other rags, JD Power, Motor Trend, corporate "donations" make a huge difference on how they report. Second thing to know is anytime there is a new generation released of an existing model the reliability score on CR takes a nosedive. Third thing to consider is we have no idea how many actual PB owners were surveyed by CR to attain this rating. With all the supply issues and low inventory numbers there may have only been a few hundred surveyed. If say 50% of them had even minor issues it will cause a wildly inaccurate assessment of the true overall reliability of the PB compared to other models.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Congrats!

My PB is very fun to drive. I haven't had any issues with the Hybrid engine and battery components at all and currently have almost 25K miles.

Sponsored

RockyMtnFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XL Powerboost FX4
I was just gifted a Consumer reports subscription and got the first issue today with that powerboost ranking. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed to see that ranking. But, 11,000 miles in I have not had any major issues with the truck. Only problem Ive had is the AC having a glitch and started blowing hot air a couple times, which was resolved after a restart of the vehicle. Also, after about 3000 miles I started getting a slight vibration with the gas pedal but the dealer check it out and didnt even notice the issue and said everything was fine. Ive gotten used to it, not a bit issue.

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
Thanks.
This forum rocks.
Congratulations! I have about 30000km on my 2022 PB (order in 2021). Only major issue I had is the known coolant leak at the heat exchanger; but I had this resolved within around 2 weeks. I have max tow on my PB and I'm aware of the axle bolt issue, but haven't noticed anything yet. Overall I've been very happy with the vehicle and its really fun to drive. Even more fun when unsuspecting fools in pretty much any other truck on the road (aside from TRX and Raptor R) try to race you :D

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
31k miles on mine and no real problems so far

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
15,500 miles - had a software issue (OTA stopped working, well documented) resolved by my dealer. Never caused me any concern at all. A couple of recalls and TSB's - resolved - never caused me a problem.

Once my NAV went blank - resolved by a shutdown-restart.

I have no complaints whatsoever - love my truck
Sponsored