Sponsored

NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150

Diode Dynamics is proud to introduce our Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit!

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! 2i9vvu8

Features:
  • Allows you to mount an SSC1 or C1R LED pod in any 2-inch trailer hitch receiver.
  • Adds a powerful reverse light, 4th brake light, and additional running light.
  • Simple 5-minute installation, with no need for custom wiring or routing wires.
  • Optional SafetyStrobe brake light strobing.
  • Designed and assembled in USA.
Add significantly more light output when backing up at night with our Stage Series HitchMount Reverse Light Kit! This kit allows you to mount one SSC1 or C1R LED pod in your 2-inch trailer hitch receiver, adding a high-power reverse light, additional running light, and an optional 4th brake light with the C1R option. With the included wiring harness, this kit connects to your vehicle's factory trailer hitch wiring for simple, everyday operation.

Brighter Backup. Factory reverse bulbs just don't provide enough light output to back up at night confidently. By pairing our patented TIR optics with high-powered LEDs, the SSC1 and C1R included in this kit provide an additional reverse light that's several times brighter than stock bulbs alone. Plus, they automatically come on when the vehicle is put in reverse!

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! B4zTv6M

Additional Running Light. The Stage Series LED pods included with this kit feature a distinctive red backlight that can be used as an additional running light while driving! The backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing a more unique and modern look than the small indicator LEDs found in other products.

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! 0K78mfI

SafetyStrobe 4th Brake Light. The C1R option features a high-power red function to serve as a powerful 4th brake light, along with the low-power running light. The high-power red functionality activates anytime you apply your brakes, adding a 4th brake light to your vehicle.

The C1R also features optional brake light strobing. By default, the C1R will flash three times anytime the brake lights are applied, for greater visibility. The SafetyStrobe feature can be easily disabled if desired.

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! JSbmwvi

Everyday Operation. This kit is completely plug-and-play with all 7-pin trailer connectors. The included harness plugs right into your factory trailer hitch wiring for easy installation and operation. The kit operates as an additional red running light with your tail lights, and then automatically switches to a high-power backup light when your vehicle is in reverse. The high-power 4th brake light feature included with the C1R will activate anytime you apply your brakes. If you would like to have override functionality to manually turn on the reverse light anytime, you will need to purchase the universal backup harness.

If your trailer connector is not 7-pin, this kit will still work for you but will require slight modification to the harness.

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! TbTbjLF

Simple Installation. The patent-pending snap-fit design allows you to install this mount in minutes, without any drilling or need for a hitch pin. Simply insert the HitchMount into your trailer hitch receiver and the snap-fit side mounts will snap into place. Installation couldn't be easier and takes less than five minutes!

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! kfNxTwU

This kit is ideal for anyone who uses their trailer hitch often since removal can be done in minutes as well! Simply unplug the harness, press the snap-fit pins and remove the mount. When you're not using your hitch for towing, you can quickly reinstall the HitchMount and plug it back in.

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! 9IKEZG2

Focused. Traditional optics like reflectors or simple lenses lose light internally and to glare, so not all of the light shines on target. Instead, the custom-engineered TIR optic in our Stage Series pods collects all of the light from the LED, and directs it only where you need it, drastically reducing glare and improving total efficiency. Click here to learn more: Total Internal Reflection (TIR) Optics | Stage Series Video.

From there, while other options on the market lose as much as 10% of the light output shining through an outer lens, the custom-molded TIR optic in the Stage Series LED pods serves as both the optic and main lens for greater efficiency and light output (patent pending). Thanks to this innovative feature, when coupled with high-intensity LED chips, the total intensity of our pods is much greater than other LED pods using basic optics or reflectors with a standard outer lens.

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! 6M2BKPJ

Functional Output. All Stage Series beam patterns were designed with optical simulation modeling, to shape the output in a highly-functional beam pattern.
  • Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 50x50 degree spread of light on the SSC1 LED pod. Unlike generic "flood" lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout.​

Security. If you would like to use a locking trailer pin to install this kit instead of the snap-fit pins, you can do so with a quick modification. Check out the YouTube video above!

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! pC6XkXK

Proven Reliability: Stage Series LED lighting has been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, along with vibration, moisture intrusion, and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards, just like factory components. They've also been put to the test on-road by racers and enthusiasts alike.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or email [email protected].

PM us for the free-shipping code (U.S. forum members only)

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Is the C1R brighter than the SSC1?

Are there any lumen ratings available for the lights?

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Thanks. I must have missed that part.
I was worried about the same thing when 4x4leds premiered it the other day, so you are not alone.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
@Diode Dynamics
This looks great. I do have a couple questions.

1. Since this harness connects with the 7-pin trailer harness, does the truck sense that a trailer is connected?

2. when you want to tow and remove the light, does the connection just dangle in the elements, or do you have a cap for the exposed connector?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
@Diode Dynamics
This looks great. I do have a couple questions.

1. Since this harness connects with the 7-pin trailer harness, does the truck sense that a trailer is connected?

2. when you want to tow and remove the light, does the connection just dangle in the elements, or do you have a cap for the exposed connector?
Hey there!

Sorry for the late reply. I've contacted our engineering team and determined that the vehicle will detect a trailer is connected.

Additionally, the DT connector will be exposed unless tucked up and away. I am going to suggest implementing a cap with these kits to seal off the connector when unplugged from our HitchMount LED pod.

Thank you!

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hey there!

Sorry for the late reply. I've contacted our engineering team and determined that the vehicle will detect a trailer is connected.

Additionally, the DT connector will be exposed unless tucked up and away. I am going to suggest implementing a cap with these kits to seal off the connector when unplugged from our HitchMount LED pod.

Thank you!
Thank you for the information.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Hey there!

Thank you!
@Diode Dynamics If I install this and the truck thinks there is a trailer hooked up, what does that mean as far as drivability goes? Will there be icons showing up on any of the screens or will it affect the 360 cameras? And are you saying that you are going to include the cap with the kit? I was getting to put one of these on my list for Santa but wanted to get all the info beforehand. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! dS3yt2I

Our Black Friday Sale is LIVE! 🚨 Visit the website for our BIGGEST savings ever!​

➡ 20% OFF Sitewide
➡ 30% OFF Stage Series Single-Row Lightbars
➡ 15% OFF Elite Series Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any order with a HitchMount LED Pod, or orders over $300.

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, 11/29/2022. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.​

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
dS3yt2I.png

Our Black Friday Sale is LIVE! 🚨 Visit the website for our BIGGEST savings ever!​

➡ 20% OFF Sitewide
➡ 30% OFF Stage Series Single-Row Lightbars
➡ 15% OFF Elite Series Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any order with a HitchMount LED Pod, or orders over $300.

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, 11/29/2022. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.​
Maybe I’m encountering a glitch in the site, but I can’t get 20% off to appear when trying to order these.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Maybe I’m encountering a glitch in the site, but I can’t get 20% off to appear when trying to order these.
I was looking at the same thing earlier and noticed that the 20% off excludes the HitchMount LED pod, but you do get free shipping.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I was looking at the same thing earlier and noticed that the 20% off excludes the HitchMount LED pod, but you do get free shipping.
Ahh just found the * on the website.

Thanks, I think they always do free shipping.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Pity. That maybe just to new for a sale price.
Sponsored