New build/Max trailer tow package

Solei028

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
So I ordered my 5.0 F150 XLT on 1/28 and have not received a VIN # or window sticker. I called my dealer for an update yesterday and they said they still have not received any information on my truck other than the order was “stalled” and they believe it was because I ordered the max trailer tow package and that there was possibly a recall or some other issue going on with the max trailer tow package. Has anybody heard anything about this or have any insight? With no VIN, build date, etc I’m starting to think it’s going to be another few months and thinking about pulling the plug on my order and just purchasing something not as good off the lot.
Sponsored

Wslinky

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Lariat (Ordered)
Around 2/14 I tried to change my order from a Powerboost with Tow Tech to Powerboost with Max Tow. The dealer told me Ford wouldn't accept orders for Max Tow at the time. I then did a 2nd order on 3/3 and the dealer said still no max tow. However, I think others have ordered Max Tow since then without an issue.

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Around 2/14 I tried to change my order from a Powerboost with Tow Tech to Powerboost with Max Tow. The dealer told me Ford wouldn't accept orders for Max Tow at the time. I then did a 2nd order on 3/3 and the dealer said still no max tow. However, I think others have ordered Max Tow since then without an issue.
I ordered Lariat SC with Max tow on 2/12 and it was accepted. But order still shows "unscheduled" in Order que.

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I ordered a Supercrew lariat with max tow on 3/11 and a few days ago the dealer sent me a pic of the order with a scheduled build date of 4/26

Sponsored

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I ordered Lariat SC w/Max Tow and other options including 502a on 2/12 and remain “unscheduled”.
Patience is a virtue!

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
So I ordered my 5.0 F150 XLT on 1/28 and have not received a VIN # or window sticker. I called my dealer for an update yesterday and they said they still have not received any information on my truck other than the order was “stalled” and they believe it was because I ordered the max trailer tow package and that there was possibly a recall or some other issue going on with the max trailer tow package. Has anybody heard anything about this or have any insight? With no VIN, build date, etc I’m starting to think it’s going to be another few months and thinking about pulling the plug on my order and just purchasing something not as good off the lot.
my order with max trailer went in mid November & is still unscheduled/Clean & no VIN yet.
I think your hopes of delivering in 2 months may be unattainable. I’d say, Start looking for something your happy with before you pull your order out.
Sponsored