First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Looks like 10/28/20

Screenshot_20210113-190952_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Yep. I bet I get dinged since mine wasn’t produced... might have to punt because I’m already getting screwed by max tow (tow isn’t any better) on a powerBoost. There are other features that I would rather have.

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Update on Max Tow increase: I ordered early September, got my VIN well before the increase around the holidays, but nevertheless my window sticker has the increase on it. Brought it up with my dealership and they said not to worry - they said they have a way to raise this with Ford, and even if Ford won't fix it, they will eat the difference themselves and assured me I won't pay the higher price on my end. So, my advice is, talk to your dealership... hope it works out for everyone.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Update on Max Tow increase: I ordered early September, got my VIN well before the increase around the holidays, but nevertheless my window sticker has the increase on it. Brought it up with my dealership and they said not to worry - they said they have a way to raise this with Ford, and even if Ford won't fix it, they will eat the difference themselves and assured me I won't pay the higher price on my end. So, my advice is, talk to your dealership... hope it works out for everyone.

I’m on A plan, so my price is fixed. We will see what happens, but I might be ordering another truck and starting all over... since September. It’s BS to raise the price three months after my order was placed, take away the $1500 “chrome package” incentive, and my $500 healthcare worker incentive. I could end up paying $2600 more for my truck than the price I was given when ordered. I really hope that isn’t the case.

Sponsored

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I’m on A plan, so my price is fixed. We will see what happens, but I might be ordering another truck and starting all over... since September. It’s BS to raise the price three months after my order was placed, take away the $1500 “chrome package” incentive, and my $500 healthcare worker incentive. I could end up paying $2600 more for my truck than the price I was given when ordered. I really hope that isn’t the case.
In thr same boat!

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
I was told by my dealer that I could use the incentives available when I ordered or when I took delivery, whichever were better as long as it was a retail order and not a stock order. Did you do retail or stock?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
It has been said many times that we get the *incentives* on order date or delivery date, whichever was better. I still have not heard if *price increase* is protected. My dealer (the one that answers my questions) said a few times he cannot quote me the price until it "is invoiced" even though I have the x-plan build&price saved in a PDF from the date I ordered. Once the window sticker shows up I will take it up with him. The only leverage I have is an equivalent order at another dealer. Neither of them seem to want to compete for my business, so at this point I'm just trying to get the price I thought I'd get back in September (x-plan build&price with $2k PCO that has now expired)

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry to revive such a dead thread, but I'm wondering who I should reach out to about the fact that my order was made in August, and I just recently saw from my "Full History" that my truck was scheduled for the production day of 1/23 all the way back on December 10, well before this price increase, but my window sticker which first became available for me to see on 1/15 still shows the increase?

My dealer isn't going to move, because they wrote something into our contract protecting themselves from price increases, which I didn't think much about at the time.

Anyway, is there anyone at Ford to appeal this to? Has anyone else with a similar situation gotten the increase discounted back somehow?

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry to revive such a dead thread, but I'm wondering who I should reach out to about the fact that my order was made in August, and I just recently saw from my "Full History" that my truck was scheduled for the production day of 1/23 all the way back on December 10, well before this price increase, but my window sticker which first became available for me to see on 1/15 still shows the increase?

My dealer isn't going to move, because they wrote something into our contract protecting themselves from price increases, which I didn't think much about at the time.

Anyway, is there anyone at Ford to appeal this to? Has anyone else with a similar situation gotten the increase discounted back somehow?
I'll stand in solidarity with you on this. I was ready to bark up the tree until someone pasted the fine print about price increases are not protected. But if we have more numbers maybe we can have a stronger case.

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Anyone get anywhere with this? I'm fighting Max Tow and Retractable Tonneau Cover increase as well I didn't know if any dealerships had Any phone numbers or way to reach up the ladder, I'd even settle for purchase cash as I'm SERIOUS about buying the truck I ordered unless ford wants to BURN me

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I had zero luck. My dealer said no price is promised until the vehicle is invoiced, which is when the sticker shows up. So even though I ordered 3 months before price increase, it stickered in January and he said there's nothing he can do.

I remember you shared your build sheet that had the tonneau price, but I'm guessing that did not hold either as your window sticker had the "correct" price? Build sheets are apparently not contracts.

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
It’s ALWAYS been this way.....nothing new

Reeltime

First Name