Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Not a smart move on Fords behalf. All this does is make the Ram seem impressive. Gm will be revealing there new interior as well.
Please explain how and why this is so for the RAM.

As usual, GM playing catch up. ?
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
How does a price increase make the RAM seem impressive?

Was it also impressive “before” the Ford price increase?

Just wondering.
It was sarcastic reply to someone else that said it made ram seem impressive

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
If anyone hears the answer to this from their dealer or reliable source, would you please let us know?

If we placed our order prior to the price increase (back in September in my case...), but the order still hasn't been picked up by Ford, will this price increase affect our order?

Thanks! Hard not to get frustrated sometimes with this situation.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
From one of my dealers (the more reliable one) today when I asked 1) with max tow increase will it affect me and 2) can he quote me my exact x-plan price to I know which incentives are valid:

The pricing is set at the time of order, so no, it would not rise for any price increases. I cannot quote a price, the only 2 numbers I see at time of order are MSRP and Invoice, Ford does not show us plan pricing til the vehicle is invoiced, which won’t be until right before delivery. Once the vehicle is invoiced, your X-Plan price will be listed on the invoice, and you will have a choice of claiming rebates available at that time, or claiming rebates available at the time of order. In most cases the rebate will be bigger at that time.

timf343

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150; 2020 RAM 1500
Occupation
Engineer
That's a bummer about the Max Towing price. I ordered that feature too, so like most here who haven't gotten their trucks yet, I'm hopeful the original price will be honored.

Comparing "Max Trailer Tow Package" to "Trailer Tow Package", I see several key differences:

1. 3.55 or 3.73 axle depending on engine type
2. 36 gallon fuel tank
3. Upgraded rear bumper

Having ordered the hybrid engine with 4x4, the 3.73 axle already comes with that combo, and the 36 gallon fuel tank isn't an option with hybrid. So essentially the only equipment difference this package seems to change is the addition of "Upgraded rear bumper". It does result in a nice increase in towing numbers (in my case, jumping from 11,000 to 12,400).

That said, I previously researched the Max Tow package for a 2020 F150, and my conclusion:

The Max Trailer Tow Package is only $1,495, but ordered separately, the Trailer Tow Package ($995), 36 Gallon Fuel Tank ($445), Trailer Brake Controller ($275) and Electronic Locking Rear Axle ($50) not only comes out to $270 HIGHER, but does not include the upgraded bumper.
So Ford probably thought the same thing and changed the pricing to match the increased benefit and value.

Sponsored

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
How does a price increase make the RAM seem impressive?

Was it also impressive “before” the Ford price increase?

Just wondering.
It's an impressive truck with a lower price point. I'm all set to order the F-150, but with this price jump, I may reconsider.

Jaym69

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150
Occupation
Investigator
From one of my dealers (the more reliable one) today when I asked 1) with max tow increase will it affect me and 2) can he quote me my exact x-plan price to I know which incentives are valid:

The pricing is set at the time of order, so no, it would not rise for any price increases. I cannot quote a price, the only 2 numbers I see at time of order are MSRP and Invoice, Ford does not show us plan pricing til the vehicle is invoiced, which won’t be until right before delivery. Once the vehicle is invoiced, your X-Plan price will be listed on the invoice, and you will have a choice of claiming rebates available at that time, or claiming rebates available at the time of order. In most cases the rebate will be bigger at that time.
My order sheet from the dealer the day I ordered shows X-plan, A/Z-plan, and D-plan prices. It says this is not an invoice on the bottom of the document.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
My order sheet from the dealer the day I ordered shows X-plan, A/Z-plan, and D-plan prices. It says this is not an invoice on the bottom of the document.
I have seen those shared by a few people on these forums, but both my dealers sent me a PDF and all it had was MSRP and Invoice columns. No A/Z/D/X plan prices like the other members had. X-plan on those members was within a few bucks of invoice so I'm not worried about that. I just want them to tell me what incentives were valid on the order dates! (one was 11/5 and the other was 12/2)

tommywingard

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I ordered and signed a contract with a local dealer for a 2021 Platinum F-150 in Sept 2020 and still don't have a VIN number. I guess COVID has them far behind. I may get a 2021 in July 2021 at the rate Ford is producing new orders.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I ordered and signed a contract with a local dealer for a 2021 Platinum F-150 in Sept 2020 and still don't have a VIN number. I guess COVID has them far behind. I may get a 2021 in July 2021 at the rate Ford is producing new orders.
Good things come to those who wait.
Patience grasshopper........patience.

Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Perhaps this news about my F150 order will help set some concerns aside. I placed an order with Granger Ford (Granger, IA) only a few days before the Max Tow Package price increase was to be effective. That was on December 18th. As suggested in this thread, I contacted my salesman, Albert Schmitz, about the increase. His answer was that we had a signed order (we used Docusign since I'm in Arizona) and that left the price on the order locked. If that's your situation, then my impression is that ordering days or even months ago, VIN or no VIN, is not relevant. Your signed order with your build protects you from any subsequent price increases after that date.

Jack

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
They should have a vin # assigned to you by now. Did you ask the dealer recently for any updates?

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Bob stated in an earlier post, but I want to reiterate, do not make any changes to your orders now that the price increase is effective for Max Tow.

I made a change in November and it caused an increase in my running board price that went into affect after my original order, but prior to my change. I would assume if anyone changes their orders now, their Max Tow prices will reset just like my running board price did.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Bumping this. Anyone take delivery this month of a max tow? What price did you pay? My dealer doesn’t know if the increase will hit me.

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Bumping this. Anyone take delivery this month of a max tow? What price did you pay? My dealer doesn’t know if the increase will hit me.
Arrived at the dealership and picked up on Monday.

Ford F-150 Price increase for Max Trailer Tow Package effective December 23 Screenshot_20210113-183334_Adobe Acrobat
Sponsored