Sponsored

New audio issue B&O Unleashed/Android Auto

garagegymgoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Star White Lariat 502A w/ BAP
Recently...whenever I put my truck into reverse while music is playing (or if I toggle the camera view) my music with freeze and emit a loud buzzing noise for a few seconds, the camera image will be frozen and then it will eventually pick up playing the music and the camera will go live again. I have a 2022 Lariat with the B&O unleashed. Using Android Auto (happens both wired and wireless)...had the truck since last September and it just started doing this within the past week. Curious if anyone else has had it?
Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Mine started doing this after the 4.2.2 update. Also happens if I turn on the massage seats, stop Google Maps Nav, etc. It's always random when it does or doesn't do it, but it's always been the head unit has to do some sort of processing. Haven't had time to see if AA has any involvement with it, or if it's just another processing load that causes it.

Also had the head unit freeze on the Ford boot up screen when I turned the truck on one time. Had to reset the unit to get to boot.

OP
OP
garagegymgoon

garagegymgoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine started doing this after the 4.2.2 update. Also happens if I turn on the massage seats, stop Google Maps Nav, etc. It's always random when it does or doesn't do it, but it's always been the head unit has to do some sort of processing. Haven't had time to see if AA has any involvement with it, or if it's just another processing load that causes it.

Also had the head unit freeze on the Ford boot up screen when I turned the truck on one time. Had to reset the unit to get to boot.
Yeah I was wondering if the new update did it. The timing seems to align. A little annoying when you're pulling into a parking spot with your windows down and go to throw it in reverse and sounds like your stereo is going to explode haha I havent really had it happen with anything else other than whenever it is switching the camera on.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah I was wondering if the new update did it. The timing seems to align. A little annoying when you're pulling into a parking spot with your windows down and go to throw it in reverse and sounds like your stereo is going to explode haha I havent really had it happen with anything else other than whenever it is switching the camera on.
Yeah it's done it in those scenarios for me so far. There were also random times that noise would pop up during a couple two hour drives when my wife or I had the massage seats on.

Maybe I'll keep AA off on my way home this morning to see if I can recreate it with AA not being active. I feel like it's a 4.2.2 issue, but perhaps AA is the culprit. Maybe it's both.

OP
OP
garagegymgoon

garagegymgoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ope ...mine just did it driving home from work. So I stand corrected in that it's only happening when cameras switch on. I'm going to try without AA as well.

Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn't have any issues on my 25 minute drive home with my phone Bluetooth turned off to prevent AA from starting up.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Recently...whenever I put my truck into reverse while music is playing (or if I toggle the camera view) my music with freeze and emit a loud buzzing noise for a few seconds, the camera image will be frozen and then it will eventually pick up playing the music and the camera will go live again. I have a 2022 Lariat with the B&O unleashed. Using Android Auto (happens both wired and wireless)...had the truck since last September and it just started doing this within the past week. Curious if anyone else has had it?
Hi Mitch. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Robbie Racer

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
It happened to me last weekend while driving using Android Auto and then trying to readjust the balance and fade controls. My truck also updated recently to 4.2.2.

JP-85

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Raptor
I'm having the same problem. My truck updated to 4.2.2 about a week ago now every time the cameras activate they hang up and I get that budding/static sound. Android Auto is running when this is happening. 2022 Raptor. Wish I could roll back the update!

OP
OP
garagegymgoon

garagegymgoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah I'm getting the random static in my music without doing anything but it is consistent every single time the cameras come up! Hopefully it gets resolved soon because it's annoying. Also hope you like your truck. The Raptors are nice man!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm having the same problem. My truck updated to 4.2.2 about a week ago now every time the cameras activate they hang up and I get that budding/static sound. Android Auto is running when this is happening. 2022 Raptor. Wish I could roll back the update!
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
garagegymgoon

garagegymgoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This getting any better for you? Its the same for me and it has completely taken my ability to make outgoing calls via android auto. I can receive calls without issue but cant make them...I either dont hear anything at all or the voice is all static/alien like. Especially if I happen to switch menu screen or put the truck in reverse while on the phone. Really starting to irritate me.

OP
OP
garagegymgoon

garagegymgoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah it's done it in those scenarios for me so far. There were also random times that noise would pop up during a couple two hour drives when my wife or I had the massage seats on.

Maybe I'll keep AA off on my way home this morning to see if I can recreate it with AA not being active. I feel like it's a 4.2.2 issue, but perhaps AA is the culprit. Maybe it's both.
Still happening for you?

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still happening for you?
It's still happening with 4.2.4. Super frustrating, especially when either the front or rear cameras freeze up when parking. Maybe I'll file a complaint with the NHSTA lol.

JP-85

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Raptor
This getting any better for you? Its the same for me and it has completely taken my ability to make outgoing calls via android auto. I can receive calls without issue but cant make them...I either dont hear anything at all or the voice is all static/alien like. Especially if I happen to switch menu screen or put the truck in reverse while on the phone. Really starting to irritate me.
Actually it currently seems to have been resolved for me. I noticed that it was occurring not only when I turn on the cameras but when ever the screen switches from day (light) mode to night (dark) mode. So I went into settings and switched it off of auto to night (dark) mode and ever since I have made that change no static/buzzing. That said I did get another over the air update at basically the exact same time so I cannot confirm what of the two fixed the issue for me. I have not gone back to Auto display mode to test it... if it isn't broke don't fix it. I also personally like the dark mode look better anyway.

Hope that helps
Sponsored