First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 - Space White
Occupation
Graphic Design
Hey everyone. I have a 2022 XLT. Bought it new in Feb of 23. I recently had the APIM replaced. This fixed issues like the backup camera freezing and system reboots while driving! But...It's still flaky and I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this. By default the truck connects to CarPlay but sometimes I actually listen to the radio vs Spotify and so on. Sometimes when I turn the truck off and back on it will jump to CarPlay vs the Audio tab and playing. If I jump to the radio I have to select "FM" again, the radio starts but now it's a different channel then what I had been listening too. There seems to be no pattern to this happening. Do you think this is CP interfering or just the Sync4 system sucking? I know it's a small thing but it just drives me nuts. It should not be happening. The truck and the phone are running the current versions and of course I have rebooted, reset....and so on. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
I have a 2021 XLT and have had issues with needing to do a manual reboot of the system on occasion. The main problem is it not remembering the previous settings between trips. I have often wondered if it was related to CarPlay as it seems to want to run the show when your phone connects.

Will be curious to see what others have to say.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I have a 22 302A and if my phone is with me it automatically launches CarPlay once my phone is recognized. If I was listening to music via my phone previously then Bluetooth remains the source.
It’s likely by design. I try not to interrupt it while loading up.

OP
OP
RustyL

RustyL

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 - Space White
Occupation
Graphic Design
Thanks for the info guys! Yeah I agree, mine typically launches CarPlay if that's what I had been listening to, but when I am listening to the trucks radio sometimes it does not continue playing the radio on truck restart. I also forgot to mention from time to time the "Menu" dialoge appears on the screen behind the wheel. I typically have it set to "Trip 1". I'll be driving along and look down and the Menu is showing wanting me to pick something. Frustrating.
Sponsored