Sponsored

***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)***

360North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Raptor
**Does NOT involve tearing out Dash for Evap & Sensor replacement, like in prior TSB…just Software Updates ONLY**

Just found out about this TSB late last week from another forum, and found the pics (below) buried on a sub-forum here (so credit to the users who made me aware)…I just wanted to make the info front & center here, so owners could easily find it. It apparently was released at end of March, so it’s pretty new. Bottom line, it replaces the old TSB requiring Seats, Console, and Dash to be ripped out for replacing the Evap & Sensor (which apparently did not resolve the issue), in favor of a couple Software Updates via FDRS instead…so we can avoid the stress of interior disassembly ordeal on our new trucks, lol.

That said…I have not had the Evap & Sensor TSB performed on my truck, as I was waiting on responses from those who did…to confirm it resolved the issue or not & the consensus seems to have been “No”.

So…since I have FDRS installed on a PC & the Mongoose cable (from back when I had to fix the OTA update failure issue)…I took it upon myself to attempt the TSB this last weekend at home on my MY2021. It took me about 30mins to an hour (from setup to cleanup)…it was pretty easy to do & saved me a trip to the dealer of having them do it.

So if you have FDRS & want to attempt it, it’s up to you…otherwise, reach out to your dealer about it & see if they can flash your truck’s modules soon. I can’t say if it actually fixes the issue or not yet, as it hasn’t been warm enough here to find out…time will tell. However, it beats the heck out of having the dealer rip your interior out, lol!

Also…if you have a non-OEM Cabin Air filter, like I did (thinking other charcoal or HEPA filters are better) and still have reduced airflow from vents after the TSB…try changing to a K&N Cabin Air filter, it made a HUGE difference in increasing my airflow!! I used to set Fan to 3 and had to change it to 5 after using “other“ filters to get enough airflow…after swap to K&N, I‘m now back to 3 on Fan (much better!).

DISCLAIMER - If you choose to use FDRS yourself to update/flash your truck, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK…You cannot hold me accountable for any liabilities or issues!!!

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** IMG_3491

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** IMG_3492
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I saw this last week as well. All of the ICE trucks have the PCM and HVAC module updates available to them right now. Ford also stated that the HVAC update will not be available for the Powerboost trucks until late in the second quarter. Yes, it's way better than having you dash ripped apart at the dealer. Hopefully the software fixes the problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Think it will be an OTA. Update
Or a dealer visit
My only issue so far is low flow drivers side vent

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Or a dealer visit
It will probably come via OTA eventually, or you could update with FDRS right now if you wanted to. Mine has never froze up, I would think it more commonly happens in areas of high humidity and temperature.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any idea what the new programming will actually change to fix the issue?
The new programming will change the target temperatures for the internal temperature sensors in the AC system and change the AC compressor cycle times based on these temperatures causing ice not to form on the evaporator.

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
The new programming will change the target temperatures for the internal temperature sensors in the AC system and change the AC compressor cycle times based on these temperatures causing ice not to form on the evaporator.
i had ICE i know of once last summer is a weird set of circumstances
it froze up for less than 5 minutes then returned to cold air

it was almost like freezing up of a carburetor on a piston engine light aircraft
lower air flow across condenser in a quick way 65 to 30 in a school zone for about 1/2 mile
at 3 fan speed . is all i could decipher

i ran it in the driveway watching live data on forscan not long after to see what was what
i could determine it was workign correct then.

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122731

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122022

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122658

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122702

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122916

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_123232

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122017

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122456

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122508

Ford F-150 ***New “TSB 24-2093” via FDRS, for ‘A/C not blowing issue’ for 2021-2023’s (excluding PB & Lightning)*** 20230531_122452

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@powerboatr yes, it would seem the conditions have to be just right for the freeze up to happen. I like your carburetor analogy. That's exactly what happens. On second thought early on the Ford shop manuals listed certain modules that were inaccessible to the OTA system. Specifically the ACM and the HVAC, well they've recently sent an ACM update to the trucks via. OTA so we now know they can get there. It's yet to be seen if the OTA system can get to the HVAC module. If not it will be the dealer or FDRS.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Or a dealer visit
I’ve got this too. Not no flow, but it feels like it’s a fan speed setting or two lower than the rest of the truck.

azdub1

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum 5.0L
Occupation
lodging quality / operations
**Does NOT involve tearing out Dash for Evap & Sensor replacement, like in prior TSB…just Software Updates ONLY**

Just found out about this TSB late last week from another forum, and found the pics (below) buried on a sub-forum here (so credit to the users who made me aware)…I just wanted to make the info front & center here, so owners could easily find it. It apparently was released at end of March, so it’s pretty new. Bottom line, it replaces the old TSB requiring Seats, Console, and Dash to be ripped out for replacing the Evap & Sensor (which apparently did not resolve the issue), in favor of a couple Software Updates via FDRS instead…so we can avoid the stress of interior disassembly ordeal on our new trucks, lol.

That said…I have not had the Evap & Sensor TSB performed on my truck, as I was waiting on responses from those who did…to confirm it resolved the issue or not & the consensus seems to have been “No”.

So…since I have FDRS installed on a PC & the Mongoose cable (from back when I had to fix the OTA update failure issue)…I took it upon myself to attempt the TSB this last weekend at home on my MY2021. It took me about 30mins to an hour (from setup to cleanup)…it was pretty easy to do & saved me a trip to the dealer of having them do it.

So if you have FDRS & want to attempt it, it’s up to you…otherwise, reach out to your dealer about it & see if they can flash your truck’s modules soon. I can’t say if it actually fixes the issue or not yet, as it hasn’t been warm enough here to find out…time will tell. However, it beats the heck out of having the dealer rip your interior out, lol!

Also…if you have a non-OEM Cabin Air filter, like I did (thinking other charcoal or HEPA filters are better) and still have reduced airflow from vents after the TSB…try changing to a K&N Cabin Air filter, it made a HUGE difference in increasing my airflow!! I used to set Fan to 3 and had to change it to 5 after using “other“ filters to get enough airflow…after swap to K&N, I‘m now back to 3 on Fan (much better!).

DISCLAIMER - If you choose to use FDRS yourself to update/flash your truck, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK…You cannot hold me accountable for any liabilities or issues!!!

IMG_3491.jpeg

IMG_3492.jpeg
Interesting. I had to have the whole dash and seats taken out of my 21 Plati in Nov 22 thanks to no cold a/c. Evap coil and sensor was culprit and only way to fix it was to tear everything out. I was mortified they would scratch my Carmelo leather seats or forget to put all the bolts back into the dash. I've been hearing a bolt rolling around for a year. Lol.

Sponsored

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Great to see this! I had this happen just once last summer. I'll make a note to mention this the next time I'm at the dealer.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I saw this last week as well. All of the ICE trucks have the PCM and HVAC module updates available to them right now. Ford also stated that the HVAC update will not be available for the Powerboost trucks until late in the second quarter. Yes, it's way better than having you dash ripped apart at the dealer. Hopefully the software fixes the problem.
An HVAC update showed up in FDRS for my '21 Powerboost a couple weeks ago. Installed without incident.

CanadianBacon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PowerBoost
An HVAC update showed up in FDRS for my '21 Powerboost a couple weeks ago. Installed without incident.
Were you having issue with your air flow strength prior? Mine just started acting up this morning ('21 PB) so I am hoping it just needs an update and things will get going.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Were you having issue with your air flow strength prior? Mine just started acting up this morning ('21 PB) so I am hoping it just needs an update and things will get going.
Not that I know of - it always seemed fine to me.
Sponsored