First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
In the winter, rain sensing wipers are off, I have to fold the mirrors to go through the wash entry and I've never enabled auto hold or whatever it is called. So car washes are a non-issue during the Michigan winters. April through October I wash it in my driveway.
Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Also disable "Auto Hold". The last couple times I went through the car wash I forgot I even had it enabled because it didn't kick in
Maybe putting the truck in Neutral could fix this. Just another thing to add to Carwash mode.🤣

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I already have "truckwash" mode. It's me, a hose and a complete line of Chemical Guys cleaning products. :ROFLMAO: But seriously, I like your idea, but I've read enough about car washes on here that it scared me away. I'd rather do it myself and save the potential heartache. Plus, touch-less carwashes are few and far between where I live.
My thoughts exactly

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Carwash mode would include a pressure washer, 2 wash buckets, mitts, towels, duragloss 901, leaf blower, collinite 845, a beer and most importantly 3 hours of peace/ quiet. That would be a dream.
This right here only ceramic instead. My neighbors still look at me funny when they see me drying my truck with the leaf blower.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning. 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Auto lane centering only kicks in I believe above around 40mph or so (give or take a few mph)

edit: actually I think lane centering only kicks in when you have adaptive cruise control on (which you shouldn't in the car wash). Lane Keeping Assist requires the speed be at least 40mph
maybe he’s talking about really fast car washes at 40+ mph 😆😆😆

Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I actually enjoy washing my vehicles it gives me light exercise, and a chance to be outside on a good day. However, I might add there has been times when I forgot to close my sliding back window only to spray the top of the truck off from the front. Car Wash mode might insure all windows are rolled up etc and to be able to select the car wash mode (Airplane Mode basically) from Fordpass would be innovative.
It would be my luck that I would forget to enable carwash mode if it required a manual effort.

Last edited:

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This right here only ceramic instead. My neighbors still look at me funny when they see me drying my truck with the leaf blower.
I use a leaf blower instead of a vacuum cleaner to clean the interior.

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

Use the camera tech to be able to see if your truck paint needs to be washed. Then if it needs to be washed the F-150 could do the following:
  1. Pop up an alert warning message on the dash informing the driver to wash vehicle immediately. Do this in the Fordpass app too.
  2. Use the GPS system to ATOMATICALLY turn on car wash mode at the entrance of any car wash (turn off wipers, fold in mirrors, etc.)
  3. Similar to how you clear faults on the new EV Hummer; alert warning faults should be cleared by having the dash info system tell the driver to roll up and down all windows and keep the brake pedal pressed for 20 seconds.
Hopefully, the admins of this site will move this discussion to the washing, protection and detailing section of this forum. Make this a sticky. Finally, make sure anyone stating they have car washing issues on this forum gets a response from Ford Motor Company as follows: "Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your F-150 concerns. 😂
That reads more and more like KITT the Car from KNight Rider (David Hasselhof).

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

It would be my luck that I would forget to enable carwash mode if it required a manual effort.
Not if it was part of the keyfob or FordPass or Radar autodetection system. LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

In the winter, rain sensing wipers are off, I have to fold the mirrors to go through the wash entry and I've never enabled auto hold or whatever it is called. So car washes are a non-issue during the Michigan winters. April through October I wash it in my driveway.
Actually You should wash it in the car wash its easier on your back, saves time, more fun sitting in the truck, get to see bubbles, and with the new CarWash Mode you have something RAM, Tonka, and GMC dont have. A car wash mode. Talk of the town. ;) actually car washes claim they recycle the water use so its not a bad idear. Then again where does the recycled water go?

Micale

First Name
Micale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I worked at three different car washes when I was going through college. Please understand you will get your truck damaged at some point. May not be major but something will happen. I’ve never gone through a car wash in any of my vehicles including my commuter car.
Take the time to wash it yourself. You’ll get a better result, save money, and protect your vehicle.

artwolf

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost King Ranch 601A
My daughter's Tesla has carwash mode. No kidding.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
There are certain things one must turn off to be able to get the truck through a carwash safely. I propose "car wash mode". Just spin the dial to carwash mode to make it that much better than the competition. For example, carwash mode would automatically fold in electric mirrors, put the truck in neutral, turn off certain items on the panel such as rain sensing windshield wipers, and the turn off the AVC feature. What other features could it set in car wash mode?
Busy summer so I used the local fine-scratch-and-swirl-mark-endower weekly. N was plenty. As for the wipers, put them on crack mode when they won't catch on anything. All that soap on there w/ wipers going helps to clean them and the windshield. Wipers > soaking. Mirrors out cleans them until the wash pushes them in. They're great at catching bugs so the extra scrub time helps.

It's unfortunate that ford skimped on the rear windows being controlled by the computer system, I could see a 'close it up' functionality being much more useful, especially on trucks w/ rain sensing wipers. I've got a mach e as well and having full auto windows / remote controlled is nice -- it should be on every vehicle.