Sponsored

I propose a new drive mode for the F-150 "Carwash Mode"

Deleted member 14557

There are certain things one must turn off to be able to get the truck through a carwash safely. I propose "car wash mode". Just spin the dial to carwash mode to make it that much better than the competition. For example, carwash mode would automatically fold in electric mirrors, put the truck in neutral, turn off certain items on the panel such as rain sensing windshield wipers, and the turn off the AVC feature. What other features could it set in car wash mode?
Sponsored

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
There are certain things one must turn off to be able to get the truck through a carwash safely. I propose "car wash mode". Just spin the dial to carwash mode to make it that much better than the competition. For example, carwash mode would automatically fold in electric mirrors, put the truck in neutral, turn off certain items on the panel such as rain sensing windshield wipers, and the turn off the AVC feature. What other features could it set in car wash mode?
I already have "truckwash" mode. It's me, a hose and a complete line of Chemical Guys cleaning products. :ROFLMAO: But seriously, I like your idea, but I've read enough about car washes on here that it scared me away. I'd rather do it myself and save the potential heartache. Plus, touch-less carwashes are few and far between where I live.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
why close the mirrors, they need cleaning also :). if it bothers them they will close by themself.

all I do is turn wipers to off, and tell the crew to wash the back window and tailgate because washer will not hit that area.

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

why close the mirrors, they need cleaning also :). if it bothers them they will close by themself.

all I do is turn wipers to off, and tell the crew to wash the back window and tailgate because washer will not hit that area.
Funny and simple. But with the new features such as Automatic Lane Centering it will need to be turned off. Just too many things to do and rember and why not have the system setup to go into "Airplane mode" (on cellphones) what I call "Carwash mode"? This could also be the mode to get towed.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Funny and simple. But with the new features such as Automatic Lane Centering it will need to be turned off. Just too many things to do and rember and why not have the system setup to go into "Airplane mode" (on cellphones) what I call "Carwash mode"? This could also be the mode to get towed.
Auto lane centering only kicks in I believe above around 40mph or so (give or take a few mph)

edit: actually I think lane centering only kicks in when you have adaptive cruise control on (which you shouldn't in the car wash). Lane Keeping Assist requires the speed be at least 40mph

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

Auto lane centering only kicks in I believe above around 40mph or so (give or take a few mph)

edit: actually I think lane centering only kicks in when you have adaptive cruise control on (which you shouldn't in the car wash). Lane Keeping Assist requires the speed be at least 40mph
I would want this mode so I dont forget any setting that might cause problems. There are many other things that could be addressed at the time Car Wash mode :) gets turned on.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I would want this mode so I dont forget any setting that might cause problems.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I doubt you would be driving up to a car wash with cruise control on, right?

I understand your point and think it's a great idea, but just pointing out that the feature you're talking about wouldn't be active anyways at such low speeds and as I said before, I don't think you'd be using cruise control (even adaptive cruise control), diving up to a car wash.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
Similar to "trunk monkey," I have one of these dudes stowed in the rear whose job it is to unscrew my antenna before going in the car wash.
Ford F-150 I propose a new drive mode for the F-150 "Carwash Mode" oompa

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
the touchless wash I go to requires the mirrors be folded before entering (towing mirrors stick out quite a ways), but I'd like a shield to drop down to keep undercarriage spray away from all parking sensors and all the wiring harnesses in backend...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

the touchless wash I go to requires the mirrors be folded before entering (towing mirrors stick out quite a ways), but I'd like a shield to drop down to keep undercarriage spray away from all parking sensors and all the wiring harnesses in backend...
Batman said "Shields On", perhaps he meant Make sure all the windows are rolled up!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I doubt you would be driving up to a car wash with cruise control on, right?

I understand your point and think it's a great idea, but just pointing out that the feature you're talking about wouldn't be active anyways at such low speeds and as I said before, I don't think you'd be using cruise control (even adaptive cruise control), diving up to a car wash.
Valid point, I do think when digital takes over the Auto world we should continue to think about improvements (Kaizen) and having a mode in which it basically shuts down everything that might cause problems is like Captain Kirk asking Scotty to route all engine power to dining hall for a retirement party. :LOL:

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Carwash mode would include a pressure washer, 2 wash buckets, mitts, towels, duragloss 901, leaf blower, collinite 845, a beer and most importantly 3 hours of peace/ quiet. That would be a dream.

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

Carwash mode would include a pressure washer, 2 wash buckets, mitts, towels, duragloss 901, leaf blower, collinite 845, a beer and most importantly 3 hours of peace/ quiet. That would be a dream.
I actually enjoy washing my vehicles it gives me light exercise, and a chance to be outside on a good day. However, I might add there has been times when I forgot to close my sliding back window only to spray the top of the truck off from the front. Car Wash mode might insure all windows are rolled up etc and to be able to select the car wash mode (Airplane Mode basically) from Fordpass would be innovative.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Use the camera tech to be able to see if your truck paint needs to be washed. Then if it needs to be washed the F-150 could do the following:
  1. Pop up an alert warning message on the dash informing the driver to wash vehicle immediately. Do this in the Fordpass app too.
  2. Use the GPS system to ATOMATICALLY turn on car wash mode at the entrance of any car wash (turn off wipers, fold in mirrors, etc.)
  3. Similar to how you clear faults on the new EV Hummer; alert warning faults should be cleared by having the dash info system tell the driver to roll up and down all windows and keep the brake pedal pressed for 20 seconds.
Hopefully, the admins of this site will move this discussion to the washing, protection and detailing section of this forum. Make this a sticky. Finally, make sure anyone stating they have car washing issues on this forum gets a response from Ford Motor Company as follows: "Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your F-150 concerns. 😂
Sponsored

Last edited: