My F-150 is in the ocean

falcon7204

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL
No, not physically. The newest version of the FordPass app has the truck locator function (maybe the older versions did too, but I just never noticed it). When I click on the target icon the map takes me to where my phone is. When I click on the truck icon the map takes me to the spot where the Equator and the Prime Meridian (0° latitude) intersect. As a result, my clock shows my time zone as GMT, and my Google Maps app goes haywire. Waze can't find me at all. Not to mention my backup camera has given me a blue screen a couple of times and once it went upside down. I suspect, given what I've read about similar issues, that it might be an APIM about to go out. I have the extended warranty, so I need to do a repair quick, but I'd like to hear some opinions about what y'all think it might be. I'd prefer an easy fix, but if I gotta get it replaced I need to do it now.
Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Are you saying the extended warranty doesn't cover APIM? Or that your warranty is about to sunset?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
OP
OP

falcon7204

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL
@JohngaltinOC The extended warranty I purchased is literallly bumper to bumper, so I’m not worried about the APIM being covered, but I drive a lot of miles a day and it’s only good to 120,000 (currently at just over 90K) so I can’t dawdle.
Sponsored