Sponsored

Mongoose Cable Rental (BC & Western Canada)

CanBCPB

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Explorer ST
Hi everybody,

I did the old $800 investment into the mongoose cable, and figure that I might as well make it available to others who don’t want to make that significant investment.

I updated my truck with the 2 day FDRS license without any issues, it was worth it in my opinion !

What I’m offering here is to rent out my cable to others for a small fee.

I will ship it to you and include a return bubble mailer, once you are done with your rental timeframe you simply ship it back. could also include a return sticker if requested.

I would take a $750 Deposit upfront. I would rent for a weekend (3 days) rate of $40, or a week (full 7 days) for $80. This would come with support from myself if required (via text or phone call).

Upon return of the cable to myself, I’d simply refund your $750 deposit minus the rental cost and shipping. $20/day overage charge.

I’m located on Vancouver Island (Victoria)

The only stipulations would be it has to be shipped via tracked mail.

There are plenty of excellent threads here on how to perform these updates, so please educate yourself before getting into it.
By renting this cable you are agreeing to not hold me responsible for damage you may cause to your truck. I will also verify and document that the cable is in working order before shipping, and upon return.

Happy Updating !
Sponsored

Last edited:

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Interested. I’m in Mb. One thing I’m curious on. We only have an old windows laptop. Is there a minimum of operating system, ram etc required for the computer that you are aware of. I don’t think a Mac will work but would be happy to be wrong on that.

OP
OP
CanBCPB

CanBCPB

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Explorer ST
I used a 10 year old laptop without an issue. I found this on a website though. There's a good thread on this site that literally takes you step by step through the process.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/

If you're interested just let me know !

Ford FDRS Requirements
To run Ford FDRS (Ford Diagnostic and Repair System) on a Windows-based computer, there are certain hardware and software requirements that must be met. These requirements include:

1. Operating System: Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- or 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32- or 64-bit), Windows 10 (32- or 64-bit).
  2. Processor: Intel Core i3, i5, i7 or i9, or equivalent AMD processor.
  3. RAM: 8GB or higher.
  4. Hard Drive: 40 GB or more of free space.
  5. Display: Monitor with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.
  6. USB Ports: At least one USB port for the diagnostic interface.
  7. Internet Connection: Broadband internet connection for software updates and license activation.
  8. Diagnostic Interface: Ford VCM II or equivalent J2534 compatible interface.
  9. Software Licenses: Ford FDRS software license and applicable vehicle communication module subscription(s).

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Interested. I’m in Mb. One thing I’m curious on. We only have an old windows laptop. Is there a minimum of operating system, ram etc required for the computer that you are aware of. I don’t think a Mac will work but would be happy to be wrong on that.
Where about in Mb... I have a mongoose and PS?

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m in the Carman area. What is PS?

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I’m in the Carman area. What is PS?
Power Supply - the one recommended I am between Wpg and Selkirk. Do you know what updates you have pending?

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sent PM
Sponsored