Max Recline Seat Issue

bfc77usa

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
I had the same issue as the original poster. The seat cushion was sitting way too far forward and would constantly slide down making the seat very uncomfortable. After two weeks at the dealer I was told the issue was with all max recline seats. I asked them to remove the seat twice to fix and I don't believe they did. I was told to call Ford and ask for a new seat cushion. I found the above post and that got me headed in the right direction. There were a few issues I discovered and I only had to undo two screws to remove the side panel and fix it all. The first image below shows the loose clip hanging. After removing that panel using the two screws shown below you slide forward to remove the panel. No wires have to be disconnected.
Ford F-150 Max Recline Seat Issue 1

Ford F-150 Max Recline Seat Issue 2

Ford F-150 Max Recline Seat Issue 3

After sliding the panel forward you tuck the clip between the seat rail and the silver device as illustrated below:
Ford F-150 Max Recline Seat Issue 4

You can then look under the seat from the front drivers floorboard and see where the clip will hook:
Ford F-150 Max Recline Seat Issue 5

Below is a picture of one of the pieces that likely doesn't need to be removed but I had taken it off to see what was going on behind the scenes. It's held on by a single screw as indicated:
Ford F-150 Max Recline Seat Issue 6

I added a zip tie to keep the seat from sliding forward where the clips were busted:
Ford F-150 Max Recline Seat Issue 7

There was a loose plastic screw also hanging down, can't believe there were so many steps skipped from the factory. I pushed the screw through to the outside of the seat from underneath:
Ford F-150 Max Recline Seat Issue 8

After a quick reassembly the seat cushion stays in place regardless of the position including recline and is much more comfortable. Hope this helps someone as the local dealership also said they have had several customers complaining. I may go back and have them order a new seat cushion given a lot of the clips were apparently torn during assembly.
Sponsored