First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
Hello, trying to finalize my order and am a little confused if the max recline seat will cause much for a delay (dealer does not see anything on his order platform that makes him think so) and secondly is this feature comfortable to simply sit in for thos lucky enough to attend the Ride and Drive events?

They look odd at the shoulder area so direct input is greatly appreciated!

Thank You
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
My wife and I really liked the Max Recline seats and felt they were much more comfortable than the Lariat seats our KR 600A would have come with otherwise. The Multi-Contour seats from the 601A and higher packages were also very comfortable, and I was thoroughly impressed with the active motion massage. There was nothing wrong with the Lariat seats, they just felt like normal automotive seats, nothing special. They'd be fine, but testing them back-to-back with the Max Recline they weren't as comfortable.

The "T" Cushion at the top of the shoulders on the Max Recline seats that several people complained looks funny actually adjusts in 3 positions moving forward to support your shoulders whether the seats are reclined or upright. I think they will support my shoulders much better on long drives, reducing shoulder and neck strain.

We liked them so much that I called my dealer and added them to our order, knowing that it will delay delivery by at least a month. The latest data Bob posted shows 12/14 as when they will be available for build, with most people thinking retail orders without late available features will start being built in early/mid November.

OP
OP

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
Thanks Roger350 for the feedback.

Assuming Max Recline still retains the massaging feature, I think I will leave it on the build.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks Roger350 for the feedback.

Assuming Max Recline still retains the massaging feature, I think I will leave it on the build.
If you are getting a Platinum, Limited, or KR 601A I think it is safe to assume the Max Recline will have the massage feature. The limited I drove with the Max Recline did also have the massage function.

If you ordered a KR 600A like me, that doesn't come with the massage feature standard, it is anyone's guess if the Max Recline seats will also add the massage feature. I asked this question to the test drive folks but they were stumped, as well as the people in the Build & Price Chat Support. No one seems to know. I sure hope it adds the massage, because I really liked it when I tried it. Would be nice for long road trips.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I got confirmation from a source within Ford that the Max Recline Seats come both with and without the massage function. So for people like me that ordered a 600A Base King Ranch with the Max Recline Seats, our seats will not have the multi-contour massage function. Kind of bummed, but not that surprised.

KR 601A and up will have the massage function in their Max Recline Seats.
Sponsored