Sponsored

Max Recline Seat Release Date & Functionality?

ClassicMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150
Does anyone know when exactly you can order a truck with a max recline seat option? All I've seen is "late availability." I am ready to order a fully loaded Limited or Platinum right now, but I want that option for sure. Seems kind of foolish of Ford to hold this one option back as I'm sure alot of people wanting the top trim trucks will want that option? Very strange...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ClassicMuscle

ClassicMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150
Also, this article indicates the truck will need to be in "Park" for the seat to max recline, but will it be possible to drive the truck with the passenger seat down for transporting pets, household goods, etc? Or will the truck literally not go into drive with the seat in the max recline position?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-f150-pickup-truck-seat-bed-report/

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
Good question but I'd bet even the passenger seat can't recline while in drive. Would appear as ford allowing a dangerous situation as the seatbelt and airbag would not properly function if the passenger decides to have a nap in the road. But maybe chance of a forscan hack?

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
You can now order the Max Fold without commodity restriction...

No idea of the answer to that question...

Ford does state in a memo to the dealerships that it is for resting between jobs, so you probably cannot drive with one down...

Seems unsafe if in an accident the passenger would slide under the seatbelt...

OP
OP
ClassicMuscle

ClassicMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150
Well, the Ford online configurator simple says "*Not To Be Used While Driving." To me, that sounds like a recommendation vs it not being possible at all. I guess we will have to see...

Marco 9802

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 platinum
Occupation
machine demonstrator
Does anyone have an idea or know someone that can say how much of a delay or approximately what moth we can receive a truck if we take this option.​
I have placed my order but i am undecided if i should cancel this option if i will only see the truck in the summer.​
Any info is appreciated​
Thank you.​

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Does anyone have an idea or know someone that can say how much of a delay or approximately what moth we can receive a truck if we take this option.​
I have placed my order but i am undecided if i should cancel this option if i will only see the truck in the summer.​
Any info is appreciated​
Thank you.​
As of yet I have NO solid idea on a Delivery Date.
Am hoping to see it by December 31st.
But have already arranged to complete the actual purchase with the dealership on or before Dec 31st for business reasons. Without anything in particular to go on, the dealer didn't think it unreasonable that I might not see the truck till January, so we were taking measures to make sure everything was completed in this fiscal year just in case.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I think we have established that you cannot put the truck in drive, fold the gear lever down, and use the work surface (which would be AWESOME when I'm traveling with the kids/wife) while driving. Similarly, I don't expect the Max Recline to lay flat while in motion either. I am sure someone will come up with a software hack to make these possible, but that comes with liability, so maybe not.

I would not, however, be surprised with the lockout on the Max Recline Passenger seat isn't tied to the system that monitors weight in the seat. That system tells the truck if the passenger airbag should be active. If the truck determines that no one is in the passenger seat, then Ford may allow it to fully recline. The only *** is that the rear seat has to be up and stowed for the front seats to fully recline, so you are losing the use of at least the rear passenger side of the bench.

If the truck will not go with the seats reclined, I wonder if they auto-correct? Passenger seat is in Max Recline, the truck is put in drive, will the passenger seat raise to a preset height automatically?

Sponsored

Marco 9802

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 platinum
Occupation
machine demonstrator
As of yet I have NO solid idea on a Delivery Date.
Am hoping to see it by December 31st.
But have already arranged to complete the actual purchase with the dealership on or before Dec 31st for business reasons. Without anything in particular to go on, the dealer didn't think it unreasonable that I might not see the truck till January, so we were taking measures to make sure everything was completed in this fiscal year just in case.
I did see a video on YouTube that said next summer. I just hope someone in this group does hear something that would be a 100% accurate date! Because like you i would want to have the truck in my hands before the end of this year.

Thanks

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
I did see a video on YouTube that said next summer. I just hope someone in this group does hear something that would be a 100% accurate date! Because like you i would want to have the truck in my hands before the end of this year.

Thanks
Ya, NEXT SUMMER would be asking a bit too much for me.
I will wait a couple months, but not 9 months.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Also, this article indicates the truck will need to be in "Park" for the seat to max recline, but will it be possible to drive the truck with the passenger seat down for transporting pets, household goods, etc? Or will the truck literally not go into drive with the seat in the max recline position?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-f150-pickup-truck-seat-bed-report/
I can tell you yes, the passenger seat(not driver seat of course) can be laid down flat while driving. Got this from the Ford drive event in Ga. The girl said they use the heck out of that feature while they are moving the trucks from one even to the other. In fact they fight over who gets to take that truck. Lol

OP
OP
ClassicMuscle

ClassicMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150
I can tell you yes, the passenger seat(not driver seat of course) can be laid down flat while driving. Got this from the Ford drive event in Ga. The girl said they use the heck out of that feature while they are moving the trucks from one even to the other. In fact they fight over who gets to take that truck. Lol
This is great news, thank you for this response.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
The reps at my drive event in Dallas asked the question to their contacts on Wednesday when I drove the truck the first time. This morning when I went back for another drive they had received a response quoting the F-150 Brand Manager saying that the Max Recline seats will be available for production 3 weeks after OKB (Okay to Buy?), which they said would be early/mid November.

I sure hope this information is correct, rather than the June 2021 info.
Sponsored