MAC addresses are no longer displayed in About SYNC

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
In the latest version of SYNC 23291 rev. 1049 the MAC addresses for the Wifi ethernet connections are no longer displayed in the About SYNC screen. Why has Ford stopped displaying this information? This is important information if you want to monitor your trucks Wifi access. Lol, I thought they wanted us to connect to Wifi to get "Power up updates" faster! Oh ya, they never use this! Additionally as of the 6.x.x series of updates Ford discontinued sending notifications to the "message center" in Fordpass. Is Ford trying to leave us in the dark as to what's going on with our trucks?

Ford F-150 MAC addresses are no longer displayed in About SYNC 20231201_082403

Ford F-150 MAC addresses are no longer displayed in About SYNC 20231017_182307
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Notifications stopped showing up in FordPass middle of last year. It is very random when they do show up under messages before that. I just attributed this to the app itself.
Vehicle - Features -Software Update - Recent Changes will always show whatever updated recently.

Didn't notice the MAC address missing. I don't look at that screen often.

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
You have to have WiFi turned on for SYNC to display the MAC address in the about page.

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
You have to have WiFi turned on for SYNC to display the MAC address in the about page.
Yes, I have Wi-Fi enabled and both photos were taken in the same location in my driveway and in both cases, The trucks Wi-Fi was connected to my home network.

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
Yes, I have Wi-Fi enabled and both photos were taken in the same location in my driveway and in both cases, The trucks Wi-Fi was connected to my home network.
I don't know what to tell you - mine wasn't displaying it when off and not connected to my WiFi. Took this a few seconds before my previous post.

Ford F-150 MAC addresses are no longer displayed in About SYNC 20240201_140940

Sponsored

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Notifications stopped showing up in FordPass middle of last year. It is very random when they do show up under messages before that. I just attributed this to the app itself.
Vehicle - Features -Software Update - Recent Changes will always show whatever updated recently.

Didn't notice the MAC address missing. I don't look at that screen often.
My FordPass shows the most recent sync as several levels below what’s in the truck. I think I’m up to 6.5 in the truck but FordPass says 6.2. It’s been unreliable for several months now.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
My FordPass shows the most recent sync as several levels below what’s in the truck. I think I’m up to 6.5 in the truck but FordPass says 6.2. It’s been unreliable for several months now.
I've seen a few people post that. Mine has always kept up with it. I know from posts here it is possible to successfully install an update and show a failure on the server side.

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I've seen a few people post that. Mine has always kept up with it. I know from posts here it is possible to successfully install an update and show a failure on the server side.
Just for fun, the other day I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app on my phone.
Immediately afterward, it said it didn't have any data about my most recent OTA update. Then, a little while later, it showed my most recent update as being 6.2.
Prior to doing the reinstall, it was showing the last update as having been in October.
Furthermore, the app running on my phone and tablet report different results.
Seems pretty clear that the app gets confused about reconnecting with the server re; current update status. Even though it's pretty good about reporting current location, mileage etc.
This points again to deficiencies in Ford's configuration management in its OTA suite.
Sponsored