Sponsored

Looking for a cheap and good solution to prevent items from sliding in the bed

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
My main objective is to prevent items from shifting in the bed. Could be grocery bags (plastic or reusable), a box of something, a suitcase, etc. That's why I am trying to avoid a divider; I don't really want a divider. It works fine for every day use, but I am too lazy to climb onto the bed to remove it if, for example, I need to drive someone to the airport with a suitcase. I know, crazy excuse....that's what happens when you get older ?.
So ideally it would be a non-slipping surface, but I am also sensitive to weight - I don't want something too heavy either. Not sure how much the rubber mats weigh. I have the feeling the Bedrug mat is lighter than the rubber one.
Bedrug mat does not keep the stuff from sliding around, I have one. I use the telescoping pole, raised up maybe a 1/2" off the bedrug. This is just high enough to keep the groceries near the tailgate and I can slide long items right over the top of it w/o issue.
Sponsored

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I had a surplus of points from my previous truck, so I redeemed the combined balance for the OEM bed extender. It's definitely not as nice as aftermarket ones I've seen, but it's definitely handy when partitioning off a "grocery section" in the bed.

For smaller (or fewer) items, I've found this simple cargo net to be more useful than I ever expected it to be! I just keep it tethered to one of the rear cleats and when needed, just stretch it to the opposite side and start tossing stuff in. Works great for smaller grocery store loads and holds up well - mine has to be at least 4 years old.

Reactions: sbi

twelpo19

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Rach, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Consultant
I added the simple an effective: Amazon.com: Rightline Gear Adjustable Cargo Bar : Automotive

It was $39.95 and works as designed. In my old F150 had the Ford bed divider that folded up to the side when not in use. Given the 7.2 outlets, decided to go for this first. Again, simple, cheap and goes behind the back seat when not needed.

I also have Ford's bedmat, also helps keep from rolling around.

Ford F-150 Looking for a cheap and good solution to prevent items from sliding in the bed 1647371797832

Reactions: sbi

Sponsored