Sponsored

Livernois upgrades

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I'm not sure, I never tried using it on a locked PCM and I don't have one available for testing.
I just hooked up my mpvi2 and vcm scanner is working.

1. wish I would’ve been tracking the iats with the stock one so I could compare logs with the new intercooler.

2. I didn’t want to go down this road with this truck. Now we’ve opened the door. Lol

how do you get oar up?

Also i have:
ambient
Iat sae
Iat b1s1
Iat b1s2

what are these?

Last edited:

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I just hooked up my mpvi2 and vcm scanner is working.

1. wish I would’ve been tracking the iats with the stock one so I could compare logs with the new intercooler.

2. I didn’t want to go down this road with this truck. Now we’ve opened the door. Lol

how do you get oar up?

Also i have:
ambient
Iat sae
Iat b1s1
Iat b1s2

what are these?
I just ordered a CV Fab Titan v2 intercooler today, I'll make sure to get a few logs with full temperature data comparing the Titan v2 to the stock intercooler. I'm hoping it will be worth the money and keep my MCT from sharply rising once I hit 3rd gear.

OAR isn't available in VCM scanner for my truck, but Knock Octane Modifier and Inferred Octane are available. KOM is the inverse of OAR so +1 is good for KOM where -1 is good for OAR. When the KOM is +1 or the OAR is -1, my inferred octane rating is 98.0.

I haven't tried logging all of the different temp pids, but I do remember some of them not working. I'll list the ones that I know work below, but just keep in mind that this is not a complete list.

Trans Fluid Temp, Engine Coolant Temp (SAE), Intake Air Temp (SAE), Ambient Air Temp (SAE), Charge Air Temp, and Manifold Charge Temp. I've also logged Cylinder Head Temp on my SCT X4, but I don't remember ever trying it it VCM scanner.

I would have to double check, but if my memory is correct IAT B1S1 and IAT B1S2 didn't read properly when I first tried logging them. That was on a much older version of VCM scanner so they might work now, I just haven't checked recently.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I just ordered a CV Fab Titan v2 intercooler today, I'll make sure to get a few logs with full temperature data comparing the Titan v2 to the stock intercooler. I'm hoping it will be worth the money and keep my MCT from sharply rising once I hit 3rd gear.

OAR isn't available in VCM scanner for my truck, but Knock Octane Modifier and Inferred Octane are available. KOM is the inverse of OAR so +1 is good for KOM where -1 is good for OAR. When the KOM is +1 or the OAR is -1, my inferred octane rating is 98.0.

I haven't tried logging all of the different temp pids, but I do remember some of them not working. I'll list the ones that I know work below, but just keep in mind that this is not a complete list.

Trans Fluid Temp, Engine Coolant Temp (SAE), Intake Air Temp (SAE), Ambient Air Temp (SAE), Charge Air Temp, and Manifold Charge Temp. I've also logged Cylinder Head Temp on my SCT X4, but I don't remember ever trying it it VCM scanner.

I would have to double check, but if my memory is correct IAT B1S1 and IAT B1S2 didn't read properly when I first tried logging them. That was on a much older version of VCM scanner so they might work now, I just haven't checked recently.
Cool interested to see what you find from the intercooler.

the temps listed were all working. S3 and s4 still aren’t working.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Cool interested to see what you find from the intercooler.

the temps listed were all working. S3 and s4 still aren’t working.
Using OBDLink. I found Charge Air Cooler Temp bank 1/2, Sensor 1/2 but they don't seem to work. temp 1/2. Searching for "temperature" didn't find with Manifold Charge or Charge air. Are the under SAE?

Observing IAT and ambient IAT seems to run 7-10 warmer at cruise. When ICE is off gets higher with heat soak. Serious throttle with turbos making boost pulls the IAT back to near ambient. Which I think someone mentioned earlier.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
(The electric motor peaked at 161.9 amps at 272 volts, 44kW or 59hp)
Data Dump -- Found a spot for quarters, starts out 1% up hill, else fails due to a dip. Traction limited, spins all tires on launch :( -- Grill slats are in-place, no intercooler slats. I suspect had I forced them open the engine heat soak described below would be mitigated.

The quarter 2 file I got back in it to check intercooler temp and it was already back to ambient. Not sure where IAT is, based on temp somewhere under hood, IAT2 I believe is behind throttle body. Not sure of the accuracy of the AAT from the mirror which is reporting to the ABS 🤷‍♂️
Collected data points on heat soak, 95% sure it's NOT the intercooler, I believe it's everything else (turbos, charge pipes, intake, etc...). I shaved 4 degrees off by not letting the truck sit for 40 seconds or so (the faster I turned around and went, the cooler IAT was as everything just had 30 degree air moving through the engine bay).

This is a state highway and the truck was unloaded from 75mph to a stop, as soon as it stopped, ICE shuts off. Having such a low temp helps to remove ambient from the equation. I believe heat soak is indicated by variable IAT (PCM variable "IAT")
In the Q2 spreadsheet you'll see the hybrid motor regen the trans shifts helping spin down the ICE as it upshifts. Still entertaining to see.

Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710844146377-ca

Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710844172334-m5

Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710844215137-rt

Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710844238968-ma

Had to let out of this one due to oncoming vehicle, would have been the best run
Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710844293991-ui

Basic chart Q1 -- inferred boost - MAP less 14.4 (amb air press) (let out early it seems)
Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710847712610-m7

Quarter 2
Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710848821280-be

Extended where I got back into it to see intercooler temp Both mid run dip (52f IAT2) and getting back into it (also 52f IAT2) showed intercooler was already cold again as I theorized. As in by the time you stop after a quarter the intercooler is as cool as it will ever be. Intercooler doesn't "heat soak" at speed.
Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710848997646-8z

Q2 w/ the electric motor plotted -- you can see when I got back into the throttle and how long it took the downshift / boost build. See the hot air in the intake pipe? The 2nd I hit the throttle (shown by amperage), temps jumped up and then dumped. IAT must be near a turbo?
Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710850379780-bd

Attachments

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I felt this -- damn it. That's where peak torque is. There's a reason I was plotting slip RPM.

Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 1710852035443-10

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
Is it a worthwhile mod to remove the Intercooler slats?

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
@TheGoatman

I finally got the chance to install my new intercooler and do some testing. I plan to post a full review shortly, but here's a sneak peek at some of data I've collected from some 2nd-6th gear WOT pulls. Charge Air Temp and Manifold Charge Temp are staying much lower and don't climb nearly as quickly as they did before.

Stock Intercooler, lower grill shutters fully open

Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 2021 F150 3.5 Stock IC.PNG

CVF Titan V2 Intercooler, lower grill shutters removed for clearance.

Ford F-150 Livernois upgrades 2021 F150 3.5 CVF Titan2 IC.PNG
Sponsored