Sponsored

List your 2021 F-150 issues

Thor’s Stormboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Area-51
My issue is finally being resolved. The truck is still in the shop and they aren’t even trying to fix it anymore. They sent out a field engineer and he was on a computer with the engineer from Ford. Spent one whole day and cannot fix the problem. I am in negotiations with Ford reacquisition. I have two options. One is to buy my truck back and write me a check. Or the second option I get a new truck exactly like that one. I put a bed cover on it acrylic paint protection and fabric protection. Hopefully they will cover all that.
if you don’t mind sharing what did you end up doing? Or how did the process work out for you?
Sponsored

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
KR 4x4 SQ bought 10 March 2021. 18,400 miles and trouble free.
My former ‘21 was built in November of 2020. I turned it in not long ago with about the same mileage as you. Trouble-free except for the battery that needed replacement very early on.

Solid truck.

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
My dealer helped me do the buyback. Ford gave me 2 choices. Either buy it back or order a new truck. I chose to take a new truck because they would not cover the sales tax. They offered me more than I had paid for the truck since I had bought it on the co-op plan. This all started in January 2021. Replacement truck was to arrive in June about the time my first truck was getting out of the shop. Replacement truck was totaled on the way to dealer on transport rollover. My dealer ordered truck number three and it arrived in November. He added the work station and lay flat seats. I walked into the dealer and traded key for key. I had put 6000 miles on first truck after it came out of the shop. It still had issues. Ford sent a check to dealer to cover everything. Sales tax registration title. Ford picked up old truck and took it to auction in Chicago. Truck number 3 is amazing!!!!!!

Sponsored

Who are you

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
  • MPG is variable 14-17 unloaded and 5-9 MPG with 3500 lb Trailer depending on weight (X5 to the dealer, verified an issue since new and cant find the problem, Ford has tried multiple updates)
  • Have to use regular gas to get better MPG but performance is worse
  • Use Premium gas get much better performance but MPG drops by 2
  • Will creep forward at a stop and have to push brake harder to stop (x3 to dealer)
  • Squeal from braking while in reverse - possible axle bolt shear issue?
  • Wind noise from Passenger side door/ window when sitting in driver's seat
  • Exhaust Leak under driver side (x3 to dealer)
  • Exhaust bolt is hitting heat shield where the leak is at
  • Dash Trim is still out of place (x3 to dealer replaced twice)
  • Android auto echos (x2 to delaer patches didnt work)
  • PowerBoost badges are crooked
  • Weatherseal on the rear drivers side door is loose and needs replaced.
  • Transmission shudders a lot (worse with regular gas).
  • Power button on stereo doesnt turn off the stereo - no way to turn it off other than shut down the truck
  • occasional rattle still in the rear (Dealer has fixed twice)
  • Transmission has a grinding sound when parked on a hill - gets worse in cold
  • Occasionally showing back up assist not available
  • Seat position resets to random positions
  • Blue Cruise disengaging while driving and wont re-engage
  • Whistle - both when going up in gears and down - seems associated to the shifting of gears and the most present in Electric only (so not turbo and not normal). if you lightly come to a stop with all other things off it is most apparent. Mine seems to be originating from the drivers side somewhere from in front of the A Pillar to somewhere in the engine bay
  • Wiper recall outstanding
  • Felt Skid plate disformed and bending down towards ground
Fixed
  • Gauges resetting to factory​
  • BO speaker blown out from factory​
  • Battery replacement​
  • Trailer brake recall​
  • 4x4 randomly engaging - just went away after tire change​
  • Rusted undercarriage (fixed by me)​

Silverscrew

First Name
Arjelio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt 302a
Occupation
Nurse
Has been at two different dealers since July 27th, was fixed for a few months, and now it's back, 21 302a sport with the 3.5EB, truck is literally unsafe to drive, I lose power steering, speedometer stops working, lose power, stupid alarms and chimes going off during driving, and I had to pay 840 dollars out of pocket because Ford claimed my subwoofers caused the issues, and they were since removed, and the truck is doing it again, truck has 16k now, also seems to have a misfire, doors aren't aligned very well, blis stops working, @Ford Motor Company .....oh yeah and no loaners to speak off during the entirety of the time spent at the dealerships

True North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-125 Ford One Gallon Flush Toilet
  • MPG is variable 14-17 unloaded and 5-9 MPG with 3500 lb Trailer depending on weight (X5 to the dealer, verified an issue since new and cant find the problem, Ford has tried multiple updates)
  • Have to use regular gas to get better MPG but performance is worse
  • Use Premium gas get much better performance but MPG drops by 2
  • Will creep forward at a stop and have to push brake harder to stop (x3 to dealer)
  • Squeal from braking while in reverse - possible axle bolt shear issue?
  • Wind noise from Passenger side door/ window when sitting in driver's seat
  • Exhaust Leak under driver side (x3 to dealer)
  • Exhaust bolt is hitting heat shield where the leak is at
  • Dash Trim is still out of place (x3 to dealer replaced twice)
  • Android auto echos (x2 to delaer patches didnt work)
  • PowerBoost badges are crooked
  • Weatherseal on the rear drivers side door is loose and needs replaced.
  • Transmission shudders a lot (worse with regular gas).
  • Power button on stereo doesnt turn off the stereo - no way to turn it off other than shut down the truck
  • occasional rattle still in the rear (Dealer has fixed twice)
  • Transmission has a grinding sound when parked on a hill - gets worse in cold
  • Occasionally showing back up assist not available
  • Seat position resets to random positions
  • Blue Cruise disengaging while driving and wont re-engage
  • Whistle - both when going up in gears and down - seems associated to the shifting of gears and the most present in Electric only (so not turbo and not normal). if you lightly come to a stop with all other things off it is most apparent. Mine seems to be originating from the drivers side somewhere from in front of the A Pillar to somewhere in the engine bay
  • Wiper recall outstanding
  • Felt Skid plate disformed and bending down towards ground
Fixed
  • Gauges resetting to factory​
  • BO speaker blown out from factory​
  • Battery replacement​
  • Trailer brake recall​
  • 4x4 randomly engaging - just went away after tire change​
  • Rusted undercarriage (fixed by me)​
Sounds like you`re one of the lucky ones. I`ve got 7x to 2x dealers for just one the problems on my truck. They admit its there but don`t know how to fix, anything really. GLTA

PowerBoostXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 XLT >2010 XLT… 2021 XLT 302 Powerboost?
So far, this is what I've experienced:

1. Dead battery after sitting for a week. Dealer replaced the battery.
2. Just found today that my one touch window switch on driver's side also is not working.
3. Some rust on the front of the rear axle housing. Not nearly as bad as some. Bought some Fluid Film and will spray it.
just came here to see if anyone else’s had a problem I just encountered and poof, there it is. drivers window one touch auto up and down doesn’t work. Only works when holding it. Drivers side works for passenger side. yay I’m not alone lol

Sponsored

BootsElectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
2022 XLT bought 3 weeks ago. While inside the cab I can hear the outside as if the window or door is cracked open. At speeds over 50 mph I can hear wind noise from the upper portion of the door. Door alignment and weather stripping seem fine. I closed the window onto a ziploc bag and am able to pull it out without too much resistance. Tried the same on the passenger window and the bag nearly tears from the tighter seal.

The wind noise appears to be well documented with dozens of threads on the internet over the past 5-7 years. People trying all sorts of remedies without much luck. Dealer never seems to be any help. I'm wondering if i'm onto something with the window possibly being a couple millimeters short of fully closed.

Of course dealer can't see me for a week and said they'd need the truck for 3-4 days in the shop. No loaner offered.

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist

JFollow

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 5.0 Lariat
Not original owner, but this is what I’ve seen as of June 2023.

Active:

- Infotainment sometimes locks up on first boot and self-resets after a minute (ford will probably call this a feature and do nothing).

- Moving shifter from Drive to reverse doesn’t always engage reverse gear and transmission stays in neutral.

- Battery SOC is dropping very low(45-55%). Have been waiting for it to completely conk out, but hasn’t happened yet.

- Most recently, when my wife adjusted the passenger seat all the way up (not forward) while sitting in it, the passenger airbag status transitioned from ON to OFF. Removing and reconnecting seat belt turn it back to ON.

-Recalls: Wiper arm and motor not complete due to part availability.

Fixed:

- Updated transmission SW, big improvement in shifting. Did reset on previous SW and that didn’t help.

- Adjusted tailgate step as it was opening on its own.

-Replaced Tailgate LED, collecting moisture.
Sponsored