2023 F150 3.5 PowerBoost Running List of Issues

crane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum PowerBoost
I've had my '23 about 2 weeks now and the issues are starting to mount up. Curious how long it took others to discover the full (or ever growing) list of annoyances/issues to surface.

1. FordPass stopped connecting on day 5 - reset of modem did not work - ongoing issue
  2. BlueCruise not engaging properly - turn on my ACC and the BlueCruise option is enabled - the screen originally turned blue when engaged but now it seems to enable itself but screen doesn't change and I get intermittent warnings about watching the road/keeping my hands on the wheel. - ongoing issue
  3. Auto Rain Sensing Wipers - never worked (checked that sensor was clipped properly) - no matter what setting they're on, they do not ever turn off and don't change speeds in rain - ongoing issue
  4. ICP Goes Black/Resets - ongoing issue - entire cluster turns off with no way to turn back on. Stopping and restarting does not work.
Headed to the dealer tomorrow to see what shakes out. These trucks are great but man there is a million things that can go wrong.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Ford has poorly chosen to call lane centering 'blue cruise' for whatever reason. Lane centering is hands-on blue cruise now. If you're not getting hands free option w/ the screen going blue, you're in standard lane centering mode. Hands free only works on mapped interstates below 81mph.

OP
OP

crane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford has poorly chosen to call lane centering 'blue cruise' for whatever reason. Lane centering is hands-on blue cruise now. If you're not getting hands free option w/ the screen going blue, you're in standard lane centering mode. Hands free only works on mapped interstates below 81mph.
Yes, I've noticed that as well, however, this is not quite the same. The system acts as if I'm in Self Driving mode with various prompts that only happen in BlueCruise enabled mode. When in Lane-Centering mode, my hands are at 10 & 2 and it still asks me to keep my hands on the wheel. Something isn't quite right.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's going to tell you to keep your hands on the wheel if you have Lane Centering enabled.

It doesn't know that you already have your hands on the wheel. It doesn't have "hand touch sensors"

Instead, it ONLY knows if YOU input any kind of directional input to the wheel in the last xx seconds.

After a while you will begin to feeeeel what it's looking for and it becomes second nature to meet its expectations. It's the tiniest of a nudge.

Now that "Keep your eyes on the road" eyeball witch?
She can be a bit more testy.
Depending on what time of day and the angle of the light, sometimes SHE'S Blind, but doesn't know it. 🤣

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Instead, it ONLY knows if YOU input any kind of directional input to the wheel in the last xx seconds.
Or you obstruct its movements with the same force ala knee drag :)

OP
OP

crane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's going to tell you to keep your hands on the wheel if you have Lane Centering enabled.

It doesn't know that you already have your hands on the wheel. It doesn't have "hand touch sensors"

After a while you will begin to feeeeel what it's looking for and it becomes second nature to meet its expectations. It's the tiniest of a nudge.

Now that "Keep your eyes on the road" eyeball witch?
She can be a bit more testy.
Depending on what time of day and the angle of the light, sometimes SHE'S Blind, but doesn't know it. 🤣
I see what you're saying. That makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation.
Sponsored