Sponsored

SharkAttack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It seems like it until they fix the issue. I tried again and same thing error out really stupid. I’ve tried to tell ford but they don’t care. Same I told them about the IPC update and didn’t care until the dealers started calling left and right about it. Problem is they are going to be doing a bunch of PMI for job 2 trucks. They still haven’t released an update for job 2 apims so it’s a real mess. I could update your apim to job one latest software it has cams in motion
At this point I'll try anything.

I was looking at the contents of the usb drive. What do you think about copying the files locally, then removing all but one from the USB drive and trying them one at a time? It seems they are part specific, so maybe doing them one at a time will isolate which one is not working. Any chance I could brick anything like that?
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No way to possibly bypass the manifest. Plus the signature is done by the gateway. The updates dont kick off unless the gateway says to.

If you want to you can send me your APIM and I can update it to the latest Job 1. Its pretty much JOb 2 minus a couple things like the temp display for HVAC. That only is applicable to 22 though. So you wont notice anything.

I just saw youre in Canada. I dont know man.. There really isnt a way to update it in your truck. Unfortunately. There isnt anything I can do unless I had the APIM here.

SharkAttack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No way to possibly bypass the manifest. Plus the signature is done by the gateway. The updates dont kick off unless the gateway says to.

If you want to you can send me your APIM and I can update it to the latest Job 1. Its pretty much JOb 2 minus a couple things like the temp display for HVAC. That only is applicable to 22 though. So you wont notice anything.

I just saw youre in Canada. I dont know man.. There really isnt a way to update it in your truck. Unfortunately. There isnt anything I can do unless I had the APIM here.

Bummer. This is getting ridiculous. If lead foot wasn't discontinued I'd be ordering a 22 or a tundra.

Have you ran into my other issue? I run the ABS and GWM updates and they say they are done but re-running the network test shows the exact same update needs to be applied for both? Could the USB update be broken for everything?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have seen that from others.

There is something going on with them. Until ford runs into the issue with enough frequency it wont be fixed. That being the issue. We wont start to see Ford getting calls on this until parts need to be replaced and they have a dealer that actually knows or cares. Like your situation. The dealer said F it and punted. They should have called and worked with ford to get it addressed. Until a dealer does it wont be. Thats what happened with the job one updates.

The job one has updates that wont disappear after running also. I think its an issue with Ford. We have the GSM and some have had other updates that stick around.

Nothing to worry about there. As long as you saw they were done and saw it was successful you are fine.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Bummer. This is getting ridiculous. If lead foot wasn't discontinued I'd be ordering a 22 or a tundra.

Have you ran into my other issue? I run the ABS and GWM updates and they say they are done but re-running the network test shows the exact same update needs to be applied for both? Could the USB update be broken for everything?
I have the same GSM and ABS still shown in SW Updates after being applied. As Jesse mentioned it’s more than likely a Ford FDRS issue. This same thing happened to a few additional modules in the past and FDRS eventually removed them from the list out of the blue.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jessie,

Thanks so much for taking a look. Appreciate all the good information you and the rest of the contributors on this forum provide.

VIN = 1FTFW1E82MFB93459
You have 14 updates available. They are the Blue Cruise update suite plus several others. You are a job one. They say your build date is 7/10

7/19 started Job 2.

I dont know what path you are planning to take in attempting to get them done but I would suggest you skip the dealer.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Good news for you is you are Job1 and the pioneers here have forged a clear path through the OTA / FDRS jungle. In my opinion your truck has a 99.99% guarantee of successful completion. Just takes some patience and diligence following the map.

Where in Houston?

You can PM me. Don't buy a Mongoose, if you know what I mean. :)

yamahadrtrdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Sharing a success story ...

Over the weekend I took on the FDRS/Mongoose route and followed the 21G01 bulletin to the letter. Several of the modules were already up to the latest. The image processing module was the largest update, includes updates to several other modules as well, took about 3 hours alone. Should note I was already OTA at 2.3.x. Everything went fine, even got a FordPass notification that Bluecruise was enabled and my 1-year trail was activated. For each and every USB update I quick formatted the USB stick, not sure if it helped any but every update popped up quickly on the screen.

Appreciate all the research, writeups here!

SharkAttack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have seen that from others.

There is something going on with them. Until ford runs into the issue with enough frequency it wont be fixed. That being the issue. We wont start to see Ford getting calls on this until parts need to be replaced and they have a dealer that actually knows or cares. Like your situation. The dealer said F it and punted. They should have called and worked with ford to get it addressed. Until a dealer does it wont be. Thats what happened with the job one updates.

The job one has updates that wont disappear after running also. I think its an issue with Ford. We have the GSM and some have had other updates that stick around.

Nothing to worry about there. As long as you saw they were done and saw it was successful you are fine.
This should be a PSA for all Job2 owners. Never let the dealer replace your APIM.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
This should be a PSA for all Job2 owners. Never let the dealer replace your APIM.
Yeah. Ididnt know about the USB error until recently. Now that you have duplicated the issue I know its not just me.

graves1907

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction Manager
Well I tried to take my truck to the dealership and after they failed for 2 days they just told me my truck doesn't even have blue cruise available which I know to be false, so i'll be moving down the path to just do this myself.

Can someone look up my Vin please ( 1FTFW1ED0MFB67634 ) for how many updates i'll need to do? Going to go ahead and order the material, it looks like the first page has the latest word document for the step by step process. Really appreciate how knowledgeable and helpful this thread is thanks for all the help.

El Amigo

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Manufacturing (ODM)
Well I tried to take my truck to the dealership and after they failed for 2 days they just told me my truck doesn't even have blue cruise available which I know to be false, so i'll be moving down the path to just do this myself.

Can someone look up my Vin please ( 1FTFW1ED0MFB67634 ) for how many updates i'll need to do? Going to go ahead and order the material, it looks like the first page has the latest word document for the step by step process. Really appreciate how knowledgeable and helpful this thread is thanks for all the help.
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Updates

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
My dealer actually got my truck being stuck fixed! They managed to get the TSB to work after i had many failed attempts. Here now doing all the updates. Finally out of 20312 hell, now up to 21281. Ofcourse got stuck on a GWM update with the VCM data issue. Guess ill be waiting until tmrw to finish the remainder after the truck takes a rest.

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
FDRS newbie report

With the help of all these posts I was able to do the TSB-2150 APIM/TCU update and unlock the truck for updates myself.

Racing against the $50 two day clock, I have made my way through a full page of FDRS software updates. I have looped through three APIM and GWM updates. Each time the GWM fails on first try then runs after the truck rests for a while. I am now up to Sync4 Software Version 22028_Product, Revision:358.

Seems every time I finally get the GWM update to run a new version of APIM pops up. My $50 ends tonight so I may have to buy more time if the GWM module continues to not update. Still getting close to Blue Cruise.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.32.04 PM
Sponsored