First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
Occupation
Operator
So I have a 2023 I have a ready lift 2.5 puck I want a better ride and possibly if this is possible get it smooth like a raptor lol I am running 34x11x20 looking to do the bilsteins Ford performance level or the fox 2.0 or anybody have any other suggestions?

Ford F-150 Leveling kit upgrade IMG_2790
Sponsored

ChemGuy

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 5.0
Occupation
Reactor Operator
I had Bilstien 5100's front (set @ max) and rear on my 12th gen and would highly recommend them to anyone. The ride was firm but planted, felt great daily driving and towing.

I made a big mistake going with the 1.5" puck thinking it would be fine on the 14th gen, I really hate the way it feels and will be going with the Bilstein's again on this truck in the future.

I don't have any experience with the Fox stuff, I'm sure it's great but my vote is for the Bilstein's strictly based on the experience I've had with them.

Edited to add: That's a sharp looking ride!

Rineland

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT 302A 4x4 CCSB 3.5L EB
Occupation
Engineer
I second the Bilstein 5100s and highly recommend them if you’re not actually jumping the truck or doing high speed off-road stints regularly. I set them at the 1.5” setting up front (was really just looking to get rid of the incredible rake on my max tow). I haul my snowmobile in the bed in the winter so I wanted some rake still. The rears are incredibly easy to change, I did them in my driveway. I followed the Ford performance kits install instructions for the front for disassembly and reassembly (minus compressing and swapping my coils since the performance kit is pre-assembled) and it took about 3.5 hours on a lift working methodically. As far as ride quality goes, it’s a night and day difference. The shimmy you get with the stock setup over bridge expansions joints and pot holes on the highway is completely gone. I don’t slowdown for railroad crossings. I completely missed seeing the speed humps (aka “sleeping policemans”) at my kids school and tanked them at 30mph, they rebounded once, no oscillation. I was totally impressed. (They’re on a back access road, no kids around. I don’t go that fast near the school). Hard to beat the bang for the buck. I’m still on the stock Goodyears but keep them inflated to 42psi.

Mizzou.Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 502a Lariat
I went with fox 2.0. The bilsteins just ride to rough for my liking.

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
Will be installing the Eibach front 2" coilovers and rear shocks in the next few weeks

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Eibach. They have an adjustable coilover, I ordered the resi rear setup for mine. I think the Fox 2.0 are ok, but dang stiff!

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
Eibach also comes with a wrench which you could use to adjust the height after the coils have been installed. Fox doesn't offer that.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
I went with the Bilstein 6112s, set at 1.5" and 5100 rear. 6112s come as a full coil-over with matched spring and have a 60mm body. Went with this because I overland and do 30-45mph on very long off road trails/roads, for days at a time. Cost is excellent as well. IMO, hard to beat this setup as a direct OE replacement solution.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
19k miles (and a lot of dirt/forest roads) on my Eibach coilovers and rear shocks and love them.

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just installed the Fox 2.0 coilovers, they came with 0" of lift out of the box (stock height) from Stage 3. I paired them with my existing 2" ready lift. The ride is just as plush as stock, but ramps up nicely on sharps bumps and large "whoops" on pavement.
They handle very well on washboard county roads as well.

Most comments I've read say that Bilsteins (digressive valving) are a going be more firm than Fox (linear valving).

Kingnut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB
I just installed the Fox 2.0 coilovers, they came with 0" of lift out of the box (stock height) from Stage 3. I paired them with my existing 2" ready lift. The ride is just as plush as stock, but ramps up nicely on sharps bumps and large "whoops" on pavement.
They handle very well on washboard county roads as well.

Most comments I've read say that Bilsteins (digressive valving) are a going be more firm than Fox (linear valving).
Awesome info brother. I never knew the true difference between fox and bilstien. Fox sounds like a better ride quality for me.
Sponsored