First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That would be the perfect truck for me.
Ford knows that.
I'm not a Ford basher. It'd be incredibly hypocritical of me since I've actually never been more impressed with where I see them going.

But they have no reason to take the Powerboost off the table with that HDPP frame that I can see. So that's a strategic denial. Lol

One thing for sure though is in this Post Covid shift towards the large majority of all vehicles being customer ordered VS dealerships deciding what we want, Ford has far more accurate data to analyze regarding our preferences. I like to think we, the customer, are more influential than ever, so perhaps it will be reflected in the near future?
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Ford knows that.
I'm not a Ford basher. It'd be incredibly hypocritical of me since I've actually never been more impressed with where I see them going.

But they have no reason to take the Powerboost off the table with that HDPP frame that I can see. So that's a strategic denial. Lol

One thing for sure though is in this Post Covid shift towards the large majority of all vehicles being customer ordered VS dealerships deciding what we want, Ford has far more accurate data to analyze regarding our preferences. I like to think we, the customer, are more influential than ever, so perhaps it will be reflected in the near future?
I've only heard one argument for why they wouldn't do it and that was that it would take away from super duty sales... but come on.... Ford wants to sell more F150s than F250s anyway to keep that 40 year record they love to market. Plus, I don't see them making a F250 PB, do you ?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've only heard one argument for why they wouldn't do it and that was that it would take away from super duty sales... but come on.... Ford wants to sell more F150s than F250s anyway to keep that 40 year record they love to market. Plus, I don't see them making a F250 PB, do you ?
That's been the argument for many years in regards to why dealerships didn't have them in typical inventory.
And so it has always been common to special order one if you want one bad enough.

I did, in fact.
Ecoboost too.
So if that cost them an F250 sale it wasn't because of the drivetrain, but rather the Payload Capacity. So the Powerboost isn't any different. I suspect the Payload capacity would drop about 250lbs with the Powerboost VS Ecoboost? Maybe a bit more.

I'll take 2400lbs Payload! With the generator? Oh my. :)

Can you imagine dropping 1000lbs on the tongue (or a pin 😁) and still have the Payload left of the average F150?

Ford F-150 Let’s see your 2021+ long-bed Supercrews (157” wheelbase) maxpay2

Ford F-150 Let’s see your 2021+ long-bed Supercrews (157” wheelbase) maxpay1

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Very good point. Time will tell I guess.

Sponsored

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
Got my 22 last December, haven’t taken many pics, but I had the front windows tinted so I snapped an after shot, really enjoying this truck!
Ford F-150 Let’s see your 2021+ long-bed Supercrews (157” wheelbase) ADBE932A-DF45-43A1-95BB-E4C4D0947977

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice rig!

Sponsored

alkoser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL 5.0 157" HDPP
2022 XL 4x4 5.0 with HDPP. Picked up 2 weeks ago. Feels nice to be back in a truck after selling my 04 XLT five years ago.

Ford F-150 Let’s see your 2021+ long-bed Supercrews (157” wheelbase) image000000
Sponsored