Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
F150leds.com

so far been super impressed with all their stuff.

Ford F-150 LED License Plate Lights 20220501_203710

tc429

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 lariat chrome 3.5 - 2022 lariat sport 3.5
I ordered bulbs from stage3motorsports and the swap is super quick and easy.

For me it was interesting how the plastic around the bulb appears to be some lower temp plastic as mine was burned black from the heat of the incandescent bulb. The LED will run way cooler and looks better...weird penny pinching move, but I get it. They are like most companies and would rather value engineer than raise prices - but instead they ended up having to do both.
i hope the leds run cooloer- the similar bulbs that a prior wner had put in my mercury interior lights, all damaged the housings from the resistors overheating- but they were not sylvanias...i just changed mine yesterday, bought the 168s as they were 0.5 watt, mot other ones on the rack were 1 watt... there were comments a few posts in worrying about flicker- LEDs only flicker on ac or pwm dimmed supplis- on DC they wont flicker at all, so no worries about camera viewing...
one thing though- even the 1/2 watt sylvanias are quite bright, lighting up half the tailgate... putting a bit of black tape across the lens dims then down to 'plate only' and looks better to me... might try to pop the lenses out and mask inside a little...wish sylvania offered a .20~.25 watt version of these bulbs in same 'color'.
oh, and note the push in LEDs can be popped in backwards- they wont work, just pull out/rotate 180 if they dont work. getting the little old glass bulbs out can be a pain, use a loop of tape on the old bulbs and pull that way...they are short/straight, really hard to pop out otherwise... the shape of the led bulbs are easy to just pull...but not the original glass ones...

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
Super easy. Super cheap. Bought the Sylvania 194 bulbs off Amazon. Took all of 2 mins. The lighting matches the rest of the truck now.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I've been thinking this is the first "must do" when my truck comes, hopefully, later this month.

I'm not that picky about the appearance but the heat damaged sockets, concern me a lot.

I have a stash that I think will fit, from when I switched my tractors tail lights to led.
Sponsored