Sponsored

Front License Plate Mount Still a Dealer Installed Item during Prep?

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know if the front license plate mounting bracket still just comes loosely packaged in the cab for installation during the pre-sales Dealer Prep?

Texas still requires them, but they don't really enforce it, and I'm not planning on running one until I get pulled over and given a "Fix-It Ticket." Since I ordered my truck from out of state, in a state that doesn't require them, I was planning on just telling the dealer not to install it during the pre-sale prep. I only ordered it so I won't have to pay for one later from a Texas dealer if I ever get that ticket and need to install it.

I know in years past this is GM just put them in the trunk and had the dealers install them during their pre-sales prep, but this is my first new Ford, so I don't know if they handle it the same way.

Thanks,
Roger
Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Pretty sure this is dealer installed. I've told Granger not to install as I don't need it in Florida and don't want the holes on my bumper. I'll remind them when the truck is built and in transit.

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Last f150s I’ve had, the bracket snapped onto the front. Simple to put on and off. We don’t use front plates in KS.

Empire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
*Ordered* 2021 F150 Lariat Sport - Carbonized Gray Powerboost / 2019 F150 Lariat Sport - Abyss Gray / 2018 F150 Lariat Sport - Ruby Red
Last f150s I’ve had, the bracket snapped onto the front. Simple to put on and off. We don’t use front plates in KS.
^This! Since 2015 - 2020 models, they haven't had any license plates bolted into the bumper, instead it's got it's own bracket (which then the plate goes onto) which then clips into the front of the truck. I've always just bolted my plate to the bracket and then just take the whole bracket off and keep it inside the truck :p

OP
OP
Roger350

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you all for the responses.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Does anyone know if the front license plate mounting bracket still just comes loosely packaged in the cab for installation during the pre-sales Dealer Prep?

Texas still requires them, but they don't really enforce it, and I'm not planning on running one until I get pulled over and given a "Fix-It Ticket." Since I ordered my truck from out of state, in a state that doesn't require them, I was planning on just telling the dealer not to install it during the pre-sale prep. I only ordered it so I won't have to pay for one later from a Texas dealer if I ever get that ticket and need to install it.

I know in years past this is GM just put them in the trunk and had the dealers install them during their pre-sales prep, but this is my first new Ford, so I don't know if they handle it the same way.

Thanks,
Roger
I’m late to the party.

I think our comrades here, have pretty thoroughly answered the topic, but I also recall seeing the license plate bracket as an option on the national package list when it came out a few months back. It should be a dealer installed accessory as it has in previous years.

I second what Dog_Tired said and plan do give my dealer instructions to leave it off if my truck ships with one.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have seen photos of the license plate bracket bagged and sitting on the rear floor. In Arkansas we don't have front plates either, so the dealer just gives you the bracket.
Sponsored