Lariat Seats

WTX_432

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Has anyone looked into replacing the front seats of their 2021+ F-150 Lariat? I previously owned a King Ranch and then a Platinum F-250 and the seats were great. I decided to go with a Lariat for this pickup since I never used any of the Platinum/King Ranch technology. I love the drive of this F-150 but road trips are tough with how uncomfortable the seats are.
Ford F-150 Lariat Seats IMG_0412
Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
What do you feel is uncomfortable? I can't think of anything uncomfortable about them other than the lack of tilting headrests that Ford took away from me.
The only complain I am getting is from my wife about the front passenger seat, she claims that the seat sits at a high angle compared to the floor, you can only lower or raise it but not changing the pitch.
We do fairly long drives (8-10 hours, and 16 hours recently from MS to PA) and I do the vast majority of the drive. I change the seat position often (height, pitch, backrest, lumbar support, etc.) to stay awake so perhaps that's why I don't feel that the seat is uncomfortable.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
My first exposure to the Lariat was 3 10-hour days in a row, and I finished each day ready for more. Easily the most comfortable driving I have done in a car, ever. The thigh support at the front of the seat was the most surprising feature. Even my partner, whose back does not like long car rides, said the same about the passenger seat.

I only bring that up to think "how much more comfotable are the KR+ seats?"

OP
OP

WTX_432

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Maybe I should try moving the seat angles around more on longer drives. I’ve gone on 2 trips over 8 hours and each time my back was killing me. I feel like the KR and platinum seats had more cushion in them but I haven’t looked into it. Just wondering if there are any aftermarket companies that make replacement seats or any other options out there. Love the truck and ride but just looking for options.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I get it, seating comfort is a very individual matter (I'm 70, long ago suffered a compression spinal fracture, sciatica can raise its ugly head on ocassion). I'm also a fan of changing / tweaking seat settings on long trips for variety / comfort.

If you can find a more comfortable situation using temporary 'overlay / loose' padding, a competent upholstery shop may be able to 'permanently' incorporate that under the OE seat covers or by fabricating a full-coverage 'slip on' with that padding.

Not cheap but likely not as expensive as replacement seats which may or may not prove better after some miles of use (IME it's very difficul to predict long-term comfort from short-term tests or 'ex-situ' tests). Analogous to an orthopedic shoe insert, you may need to try several versions to 'get it right'.

Just for your consideration, Good Luck!

Fortunately the Lariat buckets are working well for me but I know 'one size does not fit all' ;) .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Maybe I should try moving the seat angles around more on longer drives. I’ve gone on 2 trips over 8 hours and each time my back was killing me. I feel like the KR and platinum seats had more cushion in them but I haven’t looked into it. Just wondering if there are any aftermarket companies that make replacement seats or any other options out there. Love the truck and ride but just looking for options.
What years were your platinum and KR? My lariat seats are ok comfy, but my 2014 ones were lazy boys.