King Ranch

Eddie2021

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150
My King Ranch just arrived at my Dealer will see it Friday can't wait. From order date January 16th to today not to bad. Kinded ironic that 6 year ago on the same date i took delievey of my New 2018 F150 Laiart that i got to see made, as had a friend who works the Kansas City Plant and got me in from out of the bodyshop to finish and i then got to start it up. Had to wait 2 weeks before it delieved to my dealer on March 27th 2018.
Sponsored

jp1450

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 King Ranch PB / 2013 F150 King Ranch EB
Occupation
Retired
Congratulations! Post pictures when you get a chance.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Friday??? Omg. How will you get any sleep👌🤣

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
My King Ranch just arrived at my Dealer will see it Friday can't wait. From order date January 16th to today not to bad. Kinded ironic that 6 year ago on the same date i took delievey of my New 2018 F150 Laiart that i got to see made, as had a friend who works the Kansas City Plant and got me in from out of the bodyshop to finish and i then got to start it up. Had to wait 2 weeks before it delieved to my dealer on March 27th 2018.
Oh boy! Your pics from this visit will be well anticipated. As far as I can tell, you are the first KR delivered that I have seen.

lrb_35128

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
Looking forward to the pics...

Sponsored

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 King Ranch and 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
So I purchased a 2024 King Ranch yesterday. Dealership just got it in. Star white with darkened bronze Lower. Not sure why it’s called darkened bronze but whatever. Will be either picking it up today or Monday. Will post pictures when I do. A couple options on the truck I wouldn’t have ordered. The 3 year pre paid Blue Cruise and the FX4 package. I had a 21 Lariat with Blue Cruise and currently have a 22 Mach E with Blue Cruise. We have very limited miles we can use this feature in Alberta.

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
A couple options on the truck I wouldn’t have ordered. The 3 year pre paid Blue Cruise and the FX4 package.
Out of curiosity, why would you not have gotten the FX4?

I opted to not get it on my KR build but I am always curious when I hear others make this comment.

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 King Ranch and 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Too much money for what you get in my opinion. I’m retired and I do dealer transfers for the Ford dealership so I drive a lot of F150s and I don’t think they ride as well. Maybe in some off-road conditions but mine will be used as a highway queen, I mean King!!

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too much money for what you get in my opinion. I’m retired and I do dealer transfers for the Ford dealership so I drive a lot of F150s and I don’t think they ride as well. Maybe in some off-road conditions but mine will be used as a highway queen, I mean King!!
I have FX4 on my order because I like to make suspension mods and CCD is a real pain for that. That said, I am considering dropping it and giving CCD a go. With the Powerboost, I won't be lifting the truck that much anyway, so I imagine I will just use a leveling puck. I know that CCD will work fine with a puck.

Jeff F

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Explorer,
EDDIE2021 -- did you order the Pro Access Tailgate?

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
What kinda weak ass salesman didn't even send you a sneak peak of your baby?

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
I have FX4 on my order because I like to make suspension mods and CCD is a real pain for that. That said, I am considering dropping it and giving CCD a go. With the Powerboost, I won't be lifting the truck that much anyway, so I imagine I will just use a leveling puck. I know that CCD will work fine with a puck.
Will a leveling puck throw off the Onboard Scales? Does that really matter?

I normally get the FX4 but chose not to this time. Adding the FX4 package is a nearly $1100 option but with the PowerBoost, you already get the 3.73 electronic lockers so other than a skid plate (can be bought aftermarket), loss of "Rock Crawl Mode" (can be added with Forscan), loss of Hill Descent Control (extremely limited use to me if used at all), and the loss of some stickers, I didn't see the "value add" especially when I am paying money to remove a benefit that is only available to the higher trims (CCD). Onboard Scales can be had on Lariat and up with Tow/Haul Package.
Oh and FX4 adds "all weather floor mats" too but I can get those online as well.

I no longer mod my trucks. I will buy a bed cover, shorty antenna (so it won't "ding" my garage door going in and out), and most likely some wheel liners and probably all weather mats but that's it. I want to retain the factory ride quality as much as possible. Every video I have watched and every post I've read, people rave about the CCD in the Expedition and unmolested F150s. I want that. I want to float like a 1977 Lincoln Town Car while I traverse the concrete patched roads all over DFW. When I go down a National Park Road, I may add some AT Tires but I won't be going over the top. As a proud Gen X, I will accept that I may be getting "old" in my viewpoints. I'm absolutely okay with that.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will a leveling puck throw off the Onboard Scales? Does that really matter?

I normally get the FX4 but chose not to this time. Adding the FX4 package is a nearly $1100 option but with the PowerBoost, you already get the 3.73 electronic lockers so other than a skid plate (can be bought aftermarket), loss of "Rock Crawl Mode" (can be added with Forscan), loss of Hill Descent Control (extremely limited use to me if used at all), and the loss of some stickers, I didn't see the "value add" especially when I am paying money to remove a benefit that is only available to the higher trims (CCD). Onboard Scales can be had on Lariat and up with Tow/Haul Package.
Oh and FX4 adds "all weather floor mats" too but I can get those online as well.

I no longer mod my trucks. I will buy a bed cover, shorty antenna (so it won't "ding" my garage door going in and out), and most likely some wheel liners and probably all weather mats but that's it. I want to retain the factory ride quality as much as possible. Every video I have watched and every post I've read, people rave about the CCD in the Expedition and unmolested F150s. I want that. I want to float like a 1977 Lincoln Town Car while I traverse the concrete patched roads all over DFW. When I go down a National Park Road, I may add some AT Tires but I won't be going over the top. As a proud Gen X, I will accept that I may be getting "old" in my viewpoints. I'm absolutely okay with that.
The puck will 100% screw up the scales. However, I could care less about that.

OP
OP

Eddie2021

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150
EDDIE2021 -- did you order the Pro Access Tailgate?
No didn't have the choice at the time so not sure if it had it or not. But by all the readings I've seen it's not available until orders of March 15 th. I really hope I didn't get it as I have plans on putting the chrome applique on the tailgate.

lrb_35128

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 King Ranch
Out of curiosity, why would you not have gotten the FX4?

I opted to not get it on my KR build but I am always curious when I hear others make this comment.
I want the CCD and will not be performing much in the way of off-road driving. (Yes, I expect to visit dirt roads & such, but I'm talking about not doing, "forging new trails" kind of work.)

If I wanted an off-road truck, I'd have gone with a Tremor or Raptor...
Sponsored