Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
I'm in the tropics.
So no winter driving issues.
So ice-snow just might expose their weaknesses?

I have a Porsche and a few motorcycles and Pirelli has respect in those realms, as you state. But this is new territory for me.

I'm waiting for them to stumble, and if they do..... :)
Yes, Porsche’ are Sweet rides!

It just seems to me when I look at the tread design on the Perelli scorpion, they don’t look like they would handle too much of our winter weather here in Knoxville. So winter is coming soon and I’d hate to be stuck somewhere ( with a New KR) with those tires -that was on my mind but I‘m one to be watching the weather.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
They definitely don't LOOK like they are anything but luxury ride tires. Although I haven't a gripe in the rain in 4A though.

Sponsored

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager
I mean to ask you about the BFG KO2, are they quiet on the road??
And still performing after 13k…..
My truck is due in two weeks 🤞🏻🙏🏻, and I’m struggling as to what tire brand to put on. Definitely going with 275/65R20…..but want a good AT that is quiet.
I’ve looked at Falken Wildpeaks AT3w.however…….🤔
Thanks
My old F150 had Goodyear Duratracs as does my restomod 1970 Nissan Patrol but hands down my favorite tires are the BFG AT KO2. YMMV but I perceive less road noise on pavement AND better all around performance off-road (though Duratracs are better in mud). Totally subjective but BFG's are on 75%-ish of all the trucks and SUV's at the deer lease or the feed store in nearby Mason, TX.

Neither is great on wet roads nor gas mileage. On the noise issue - the truck is so quiet and well insulated you really hear a lot less sound leaking in (that, or I am just getting old and cannot hear as much - probably a bit of both!).

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
The KO2’s are awesome. I had them on my 2013... traded the scorpions for Michelin LTX A/T^2’s they are nice so far. Also have the Diamondback HD tonneau cover....

5A303016-D078-4B28-A86A-6572D70FC4B9.jpeg
How are the Michelin A/T2 holding up?
I’m thinking about the Defender LTX m/s……..(275/65r20)

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
They are holding up great, have about 34,000 on them. Maybe wore 4/32’s so far good on gravel and light off-road. I sliced the sidewall with debris on defenders a while back I think K02’s would have survived maybe the AT^2‘s too.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
They are holding up great, have about 34,000 on them. Maybe wore 4/32’s so far good on gravel and light off-road. I sliced the sidewall with debris on defenders a while back I think K02’s would have survived maybe the AT^2‘s too.
Thanks
I’m just trying to stay with a tire that is quiet on the road but has a good look to it. I know looks doesn’t get you great gas mileage and safety on the road- but a KR trucks needs a little agressive look ….I think.

Struggling at times as to what to run. I favor the Defender LTX M/S if I can I just get over the conservative look(side wall)- but hey, I’m “Conservative”…any way😀. Most likely I’ll choose the Defenders LTX m/s!!
My other quandary is do I up the tire to 275/65r20 (34”) Or stay OEM (33”)size?.???
Thanks again for your quick response.

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
Do you already know which tires are coming on the truck?
I didn't, and fully expected to replace them too, and WILL eventually with the Michelins.

But I at least wanted to experience how much I WOULDN'T like the tires that came on it. And I can't muster enough dislike to yank these yet. They're quiet, smooth, and I haven't been towing yet, so they aren't failing that test either. (I got a feeling that they are a little soft for that, just based on how comfortable they are empty)

It's the first Pirelli tire I have ever had on a truck
I just took delivery Saturday and agree the Pirelli's are a smooth ride. I was surprised! Pics coming soon! Just made the drive back to SC arriving back to town yesterday! The wait was worth it!

Sponsored

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
Look out for mine, Platinum Antimatter Blue
I tried to look around some but it was raining pretty good outside, so a little difficult. Sorry!

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
I just took delivery Saturday and agree the Pirelli's are a smooth ride. I was surprised! Pics coming soon! Just made the drive back to SC arriving back to town yesterday! The wait was worth it!
I’m thinking that I will change mine out for Michelin Defender LTX m/s in 275/60r20 OR 275/65r20…….🤔🤔
/65r20 are E rated and just a skosh taller but firmer sidewalls— however I’m wondering it they will harden the ride..🤔🙄

Last edited:

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
I’m thinking that I will change mine out for Michelin Defender LTX m/s in 275/60r20 OR 276/65r20…….🤔🤔
/65r20 are E rated and just a skosh taller but firmer sidewalls— however I’m wondering it they will harden the ride..🤔🙄
I think that has been discussed in the forums with another thread that pertains to aftermarket tires. From my understanding, due to the "E" rating, it is a less smooth ride.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I’m thinking that I will change mine out for Michelin Defender LTX m/s in 275/60r20 OR 276/65r20…….🤔🤔
It's 2022

That truck is going to ride nice on either Michelin. It's not a truck from our youth.

Although admittedly, no tire is going to address the Buick damping. 🤣
Sponsored