Sponsored

K&N Engine Air Filter for 2.7L?

wsp1811

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport-Screw, 2.7L,carbonized grey, 302a.
Recently took delivery of my 2.7L F150, which I had ordered back in February. Coming from a V8 GMC, I am extremely impressed and can't say enough good things about this motor. Very happy with that decision.

In most of my vehicles I have replaced the stock pleated paper air filter with a K&N "performance" air filter. I have always noticed a slight increase in performance and fuel economy with the K&N. Has anyone swapped the stock air filter of the 2.7L with the K&N or another equivalent one? If so, have you noticed any improvements? From what I have found the K&N part # for the 2.7L is 33-2385.

Appreciate the feedback and love this forum.
Sponsored

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I always swap air filters to a high quality reusable unit. I'm not a fan of the oiled K&N though, so I go with a dry flow like the AEM. I, too, have a 2021 F-150 with the 2.7 and have swapped out to the AEM 28-20385 DryFlow Air Filter. Never a problem, and I don't have to worry about the oil clogging the sensors. HP gains? I've never felt any real gains from an air filter change alone. Fuel economy? Maybe a mpg or 2.

OP
OP
wsp1811

wsp1811

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport-Screw, 2.7L,carbonized grey, 302a.
I always swap air filters to a high quality reusable unit. I'm not a fan of the oiled K&N though, so I go with a dry flow like the AEM. I, too, have a 2021 F-150 with the 2.7 and have swapped out to the AEM 28-20385 DryFlow Air Filter. Never a problem, and I don't have to worry about the oil clogging the sensors. HP gains? I've never felt any real gains from an air filter change alone. Fuel economy? Maybe a mpg or 2.
Great information. Thanks for the information on AEM dry flow filters. Will definitely consider them over the K&N.

BigShan808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX FX4 2.7 EB SCrew
Have had a drop-in K&N on my previous 4 F150s prior to upgrading to a CAI in all of them. Took the K&N I had in my '18 (upgraded to a S&B CAI on that one) and installed it in my '21. I've had no issues with oil building up on my intake tubes, my MAFs, or around the TBs on any of my trucks. Proper care and maintenance will consistently yield performance and longevity of any vehicle. There is a noticeable difference in response contrary to what many a nay-sayer will argue otherwise. No rocket response but assurance your turbos are getting a little bit more air to them. Waiting on S&B to come out with their latest version for our models and will pull trigger on getting one when that time comes.
Sponsored