Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2.7 XLT 302A, Sport 4x4, Fox 2.0, Toyo At3
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Hey guys -
Just need to know if this is something I should take to ford… or it’s all in my head.

I have to say I love my 22, everything about it EXCEPT the engine. I feel like it has no pep in its step and I really have to stomp on the pedal to get it to really engage the way my 18 did. Also I feel like it has an issue trying to figure out gear to shift too. I should mention that truck is leveled and has 275/70/18 tires on it. These problems existed BEFORE I did any modifications.
Let me know what you think! Thanks all!
Sponsored

Jmendoza

First Name
JORGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Hard to say really ... without being able to monitor while accelerating..it's a guessing game .. could be lack of boost seen it where the o ring on the blow off valve is ripped and not allowing proper boost ...but just my 2 cents .. dealer should be able to tell you if anything abnormal

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
I test drove a 2.7 and it had the dead pedal effect. Where u hit the gas and there is a delay before it wants to go. Something like a pedal commander may help make the throttle more sensitive.

Jmendoza

First Name
JORGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
I test drove a 2.7 and it had the dead pedal effect. Where u hit the gas and there is a delay before it wants to go. Something like a pedal commander may help make the throttle more sensitive.
My 2.7 has no dead pedal effect...gets up and go ..and Im coming from a 3.5L eco

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Did you verity there’s no intake piping loose?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Exactly what I’m talking about

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Hard to say really ... without being able to monitor while accelerating..it's a guessing game .. could be lack of boost seen it where the o ring on the blow off valve is ripped and not allowing proper boost ...but just my 2 cents .. dealer should be able to tell you if anything abnormal
Thanks for the info I’ll give it a shot

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Have you tried the different drive modes? In my 5.0, the regular mode has a fairly tame throttle response; probably to make the MPGs a little better.

Also, what MPG are you getting? I’ve seen a few times where 2.7 owners had bad O2 sensors that caused the engines to run poorly.

Failing all that, the 2.7 is a powerful engine and when test driving trucks I wanted to sample the 3.5 Ecoboost; I had test driven a regular cab 2.7 Ecoboost and then the next truck was a Supercrew that they said was the only 3.5 Ecoboost they had but it was really a 2.7 EB.

While I hadn’t fallen for the dealership’s ruse, the salesperson informed me that most people couldn’t tell the difference between the 2.7 and 3.5 Ecoboosts. The route that I had taken all the trucks out on was a half hour loop and not the usual around the block and a mile on the highway test drive. So that could have made a difference.

Either way, the 2.7 is no slouch and if you feel like there’s something wrong. There probably is.

Good luck!

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
The 2.7 is snappy and makes a ton of torque at low RPMs. It should also have excellent throttle response with negligible turbo lag due to the turbos being mounted directly to the exhaust manifolds.

That delay you are experiencing sounds like severe turbo lag which should not be happening. I’d have it looked at if the problem continues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
Have you tried the different drive modes? In my 5.0, the regular mode has a fairly tame throttle response; probably to make the MPGs a little better.

Also, what MPG are you getting? I’ve seen a few times where 2.7 owners had bad O2 sensors that caused the engines to run poorly.

Failing all that, the 2.7 is a powerful engine and when test driving trucks I wanted to sample the 3.5 Ecoboost; I had test driven a regular cab 2.7 Ecoboost and then the next truck was a Supercrew that they said was the only 3.5 Ecoboost they had but it was really a 2.7 EB.

While I hadn’t fallen for the dealership’s ruse, the salesperson informed me that most people couldn’t tell the difference between the 2.7 and 3.5 Ecoboosts. The route that I had taken all the trucks out on was a half hour loop and not the usual around the block and a mile on the highway test drive. So that could have made a difference.

Either way, the 2.7 is no slouch and if you feel like there’s something wrong. There probably is.

Good luck!
I have. Obviously sport immediately takes all lag away! I feel like sport mode on the 2.7 is how my 3.5 felt stock! My around the city is 15-18 (stop and go Los Angeles!) but if I’m cruising the 5 on a nice stretch I can get between 21-23mpg

OP
OP
TCmedic

TCmedic

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Motion Picture Industry
The 2.7 is snappy and makes a ton of torque at low RPMs. It should also have excellent throttle response with negligible turbo lag due to the turbos being mounted directly to the exhaust manifolds.

That delay you are experiencing sounds like severe turbo lag which should not be happening. I’d have it looked at if the problem continues.
I’m taking it in next week

Holby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Older forum post, but wanting to know if you received any feedback/results from taking into the dealer..
Sponsored