Issue with OTA 1.7.1

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Received FordPower-Up 1.7.1 at 0622 this morning. Was supposed to correct CarPlay issues (I had no problems). Instead, SiriusXM no longer works. Any known fix for this? Can the OTA updates be rolled back? Very frustrating having entities tinkering with my vehicle and causing problems rather than correcting them. Any help appreciated.
Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Received FordPower-Up 1.7.1 at 0622 this morning. Was supposed to correct CarPlay issues (I had no problems). Instead, SiriusXM no longer works. Any known fix for this? Can the OTA updates be rolled back? Very frustrating having entities tinkering with my vehicle and causing problems rather than correcting them. Any help appreciated.
I received that update this morning as well but don't have any issues. One of the notes in the release mention a 'larger profile icon' for SiriusXM. I had previously created a profile for myself - I'm wondering if the problems people are seeing is related to not having set up a user profile? Just guessing here.

Reactions: LRK

BSD_USER66

First Name
freeBSD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited, 2015 Platinum, 2014 XLT, 1993 XL
Occupation
Cyber Security
Have you tested, for grins, refreshing your XM signal? You can perform it yourself in the XM web console.
There is a "I want to.." drop-down menu & "refresh my signal" is one of the options.

Reactions: LRK
OP
OP
4thF1504me

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I received that update this morning as well but don't have any issues. One of the notes in the release mention a 'larger profile icon' for SiriusXM. I had previously created a profile for myself - I'm wondering if the problems people are seeing is related to not having set up a user profile? Just guessing here.
I have a user profile for the truck(Seats, mirrors etc based on fob) I have not made a SiriusXM profile. I will try that. Within an hour of getting OTA I had slow changing channels took minutes, then lost channel icons. Shortly thereafter SiriusXM could not be selected as source.

OP
OP
4thF1504me

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Have you tested, for grins, refreshing your XM signal? You can perform it yourself in the XM web console.
There is a "I want to.." drop-down menu & "refresh my signal" is one of the options.
Thanks for the help. I went online to reset signal. I couldn’t complete. I needed my Radio ID to conduct reset. But I can’t get that from Sync4 unless I can get into Sirius. Catch 22.

Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for the help. I went online to reset signal. I couldn’t complete. I needed my Radio ID to conduct reset. But I can’t get that from Sync4 unless I can get into Sirius. Catch 22.
I seem to remember that you I reset it with my VIN.

OP
OP
4thF1504me

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I seem to remember that you I reset it with my VIN.
Thanks for reply. I ended up going back online and sent 2 resets using VIN. Did not help issue with SYNC SiriusXM. My work around is SiriusXM on my IPhone then send to SYNC via CarPlay. Unfortunately I loose SiriusXM when I have poor phone reception. The SiriusXM antenna is out of the loop with the work around.

OP
OP
4thF1504me

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Contacted Ford. They are aware of the SiriusXM failure when 1.7.1 is installed. Will be fixed in the “NEXT COUPLE MONTHS”..
Sponsored