JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
2022 Plat PB

When someone gets out of my back seat my back seat alarm goes off. Shouldnt it go off if, someone unbuckles but is still in the seat?

I dropped my daughters friend off tonight and as Im driving down the road, the alarm and lighted warning on dash, were still going off.

Is this how its supposed to work or should it stop on its own, when it realizes no one is sitting in the seat anymore?
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Did not know there is an alert for that.

whizkidder

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502
Occupation
Retired
The system monitors the rear doors, and is supposed to go off when you switch the ignition off after a “qualifying“ event has taken place — rear door open or close while ignition is on; ignition turned on within 15 minutes of a rear door open or close; ignition on within 15 minutes of the alarm sounding. If it is going off while you are driving, something is wrong.

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The system monitors the rear doors, and is supposed to go off when you switch the ignition off after a “qualifying“ event has taken place — rear door open or close while ignition is on; ignition turned on within 15 minutes of a rear door open or close; ignition on within 15 minutes of the alarm sounding. If it is going off while you are driving, something is wrong.
Sorry, I may not have been clear.
It's not the door chimes, it's the seatbelt chime.
She unbuckled her seatbelt, got out of the truck and as I drove away the red X was on her seat, saying something to the effect of "Seatbelt".
But she was not even in the car anymore.

Sponsored

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
Do you have the rear occupant alert deselected?

Settings -> Vehicle -> Rear Occupant Alert menu

I don't think it's supposed to work like you describe, but maybe if you turn the feature off altogether it will STFU?!?!

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I think that mine does what you’re describing. The alert that a seatbelt has been deactivated stays on even after they’ve left the vehicle. It won’t go away until you hit the “OK” button.

nikon858

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ f150 platinum powerboost
I think that mine does what you’re describing. The alert that a seatbelt has been deactivated stays on even after they’ve left the vehicle. It won’t go away until you hit the “OK” button.
This is how mine works too.

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
Mine only alerts when the kiddo unbuckles and it goes away in a little bit or when I press ok.
*correction: it only goes away when I press the ok button.*

Last edited:

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Mine does the same. You have to physically acknowledge with the steering wheel button that you know that a seat was unbuckled even if the seat is no longer occupied. I understand the warning for unbuckled seat, but since the sensor knows when someone sits on the seat, why can't it turn off by itself of the seat is no longer occupied following a seat belt unbuckled?!

trabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost, 2016 Highlander
Occupation
Titanium and Plastic
Curious, did you let her out when the truck was in PARK or were you still in drive?

I notice the sensor bc my daughter always unbuckles before anyone else but we are always shutting the whole truck off at that point.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
This is how mine works too.
Everyone likes to take their belts off when were creeping down the private lane to the house and the seatbelt warning goes off. i just hit the ok button.

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Curious, did you let her out when the truck was in PARK or were you still in drive?

I notice the sensor bc my daughter always unbuckles before anyone else but we are always shutting the whole truck off at that point.
Hmm good Q.
I nosed into her driveway and backed out so not sure. I would guess in Drive otherwise it's even more messed up than it already is.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A

It happens even in park. And there are no seat occupied sensors in the back seat to tie the logic too.
Sponsored