Sponsored

Is there a "free" tech manual or something like that?

Tripdaddy95

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Avalanche Lariat SCrew PB BAP
I would like to read about how the PowerBoost really works. Maybe nerd out a little. Stuff like when and how it is actually using the electric motor or charging.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
OP
OP
Tripdaddy95

Tripdaddy95

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Avalanche Lariat SCrew PB BAP

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
thanks.

Loved the last line of page 1-2 or page page of the PDF. "Make sure the pedestrian alert sound system is not disabled". That annoying sound may or may not last very long.
If you do disable it, make sure you are covered legally. Federal law mandates the noise as a safety device for pedestrians. Should you disable it, and a pedestrian be injured or worse, a lawyer could rake you over the coals.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
If you do disable it, make sure you are covered legally. Federal law mandates the noise as a safety device for pedestrians. Should you disable it, and a pedestrian be injured or worse, a lawyer could rake you over the coals.
Just hang your head out the window yelling "BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!!" when you backup around people.

Did that right after disabling the system on mine when one of my co-workers commented about how quiet it was when I started backing out of the parking space at work...

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Lots of misinformation regarding liability and the dump-truck-emulator. Removing that noise pollution neither opens one up to some magic liability, nor when connected some how provides an immunity shield.

There's zero replacement for an attentive driver, and of course, 360 cams. Just last night I was backing up in a parking lot in the mach e that is still wearing its dump-truck-emulator and someone walked directly behind my vehicle that was already backing up. It was the 360 cams that prevented me from hitting him -- I don't even recall the parking sensors registering his presence. On the way to my vehicle I passed this individual in the parking lot who was stopped playing with his electronic dog leash (cell phone). I loaded my vehicle with my goods and when backing up he decided to, while staring at his leash, walk directly behind me. Seemed quite intentional, and no, nothing was in his ears.

The only reason those devices were added to vehicles were to protect the blind (the literal blind, not figurative). Like with seatbelts, I suspect those who believe they're a magic shield from liability will be more careless in their vehicle operation resulting in more harm.
Sponsored