Sponsored

Installing 2" Level - Is a camber kit really needed?

GenXeration

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150, Platinum, 5.0 4x4, Agate Black, BAP
If you've installed a 2" - 2.5" level (puck or coil-over), did your installation require a camber kit to sufficiently align the front end? Most shops think it's not needed but I've read from many forum members they actually needed the camber kit. Please share your experience. TIA!
Sponsored

Francis Bellows

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 xlt
It makes it easier on them to align a lot of the time. All it does is allow them to adjust a bit easier. Honestly, instead of buying it, I would recommend going to a reputable Ford dealer or high-end alignment shop and they can take care of you. Biggest issue is just getting the lower control arm torques to around 260ftlbs while keeping everything in spec. Pain in the ass truck to align!

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
sadly, i've heard both you do and you dont need it as well. i guess worst case scenario, you can see if you can get your correct alignment without it and if not, get the kit OR just do it all upfront.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
I had my Eibach coilovers installed at 2" level at a major regional tire shop who does a lot of truck lifts. I paid for the camber kit (I think ~$110) but the tech said it wasn't needed and I was refunded at the end.

Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I asked, shop said they were confident without it. Alignments good.

Reactions: 780

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
My dealer put a Bilstein 6112 / 5160 kit in mine, front set to 2.5in (actual was closer to 2in d/t powerboost weight) and it aligned fine after

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I installed them because there is something funny about a bolt in an oblong slot. The factory provides a hole for cam plates and there are a few companies (like SPC and Moog) that utilize that hole. I think there is even an optional Ford part too.

1) They make it easier to fine tune the LCA adjustments without beating and prying on the LCA/frame bracketry.
2) They "hold" the alignment better.
3) Is it overkill, perhaps, but provides more holding power.

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
DIY'd the level install on 22 powerboost in my garage with jacks and stands. Marked camber bolt locations before removing. Reassembled and adjusted camber bolts to previous marks using ratchet straps. Drove 5 miles to Ford dealer for alignment; camber was in spec so only needed final torque. Did not need camber kit.

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
I had a 2.0 ready lift puck kit installed at Dealer and they didn't use camber kit, said no need. I did notice a what sounds like an electric hum coming either from power steering or electric motor especially on left turns. Is this common due to more of an angle in cv joints? Only happens when truck is moving. Has anybody have this issue?
Sponsored