Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just got an ETA update, moved out 3 months!!!! SOB's

Truck ordered 12/13/2020. Produced on 3/19. Last ETA up until this afternoon was 5/13 (this week). Now it's 8/13.

So the new plan is my truck, which is mostly built, sitting outside in a Detroit parking lot for a total of 5 months!
Our dates line up pretty closely.

Truck ordered 12/10. Produced on 3/17. Current ETA is 7/30 (this popped up a week and a half ago). From perusing the build week threads, it seems like the mid-late March weeks got hit the hardest with final ETA delays. Which I suppose makes sense since that's right around the time Ford decided to start building trucks without chips, especially if the trucks coming off the line are being prioritized for the chips that are coming in. Of course, I could be biased and just want my truck.

Either way it sucks and I hate it. Everyone who has their truck fly through the process in 8-12 weeks should run out and buy a lottery ticket. :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Everyone who has their truck fly through the process in 8-12 weeks should run out and buy a lottery ticket. :LOL:
When I got my vin the dealer stated another one showed up also. That guy ordered his Super Duty October 2020. That is nuts.
As for the lottery ticket: I will be on Friday since the 8 week ticket I buy runs out Friday. My truck, if it shows up, will be about 12 weeks. Maybe because most buy SuperCrews and mine is SuperCab.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Our dates line up pretty closely.

Truck ordered 12/10. Produced on 3/17. Current ETA is 7/30 (this popped up a week and a half ago). From perusing the build week threads, it seems like the mid-late March weeks got hit the hardest with final ETA delays. Which I suppose makes sense since that's right around the time Ford decided to start building trucks without chips, especially if the trucks coming off the line are being prioritized for the chips that are coming in. Of course, I could be biased and just want my truck.

Either way it sucks and I hate it. Everyone who has their truck fly through the process in 8-12 weeks should run out and buy a lottery ticket. :LOL:
I was wondering how they were going to pull people off the production line, once they have parts to complete assembly line orders and run out to ramp 59 to install chips.

...apparently, they're not!

sportv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 2017 Ford Focus
Occupation
Boiler Operator
Well it seems my 2021 single cab short bed is going to be late went to my dealer today to see what n/a meant. In delivery date which use to read 4 June told me it isn't going to show up then.

Sponsored

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
I was wondering how they were going to pull people off the production line, once they have parts to complete assembly line orders and run out to ramp 59 to install chips.

...apparently, they're not!
They are using a 3rd party contractor to install those modules in the incomplete trucks, not UAW employees.

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
They are using a 3rd party contractor to install those modules in the incomplete trucks, not UAW employees.
Gee, I hope they don't install the parts like they did in China with my Craftsman tool box. The power switch is up side down. Proudly made in the USA with global parts. They just forgot to inspect the global parts.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Is this confirmed?
I would think that with a planned shutdown of 2 out of 3 shifts at Dearborn and a 6 week shutdown of KC, the UAW should be making a bigger noise!
if I was a UAW member I would be pissed!
I understand that the job descriptions and collective agreement provisions for fitting parts outside are new territory, but still this is likely to be a bone of contention.
Just hope they don’t take it out on us poor customers by slowing down or working to rule!

Ashtown82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Order date was 3/12 with a blend date of 4/20. Lariat SuperCab 502A, 360 cameras, interior work surface, power tailgate, trailer tow package and no spray.
You are one of the only people from that build week to get a tuck....at least, as far as i can tell. Congrats man!!! Maybe have a beer on the tailgate for the rest of us....LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Might have something to do with mine being a super cab, maybe not. I still do not have the truck. It could sit waiting for transport assignment for months. No one knows.

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
I ordered my XLT PB on 3/8, ETA shows 8/10.
Blend date is 220210409 - how does that interpret?
Am I going to get a "last year" truck or a 2022?

1FTFW1EDXMFB53269 D899

lostmimic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Subaru Impreza, SOON 2021 F150 XLT

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
My March order was built 4/22, ETA just changed from Aug 8 to Oct 31.
As much as I want that PB, I may have to go buy something off the lot.
Sponsored