First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ford web site where you enter your order number and your vin number shows "Order confirmed date," "In Production," "Built," "Shipped," and "Delivery estimate."
OK, well, I have read that it only takes 18 hours to build a truck. So when it has been listed as "In Production" just how long does that process have to take until "built" shows?
Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I think that is dependent on if they have all the parts (chips) and any offsite accessories like bed liner. Mine has been in production now over a week with no updates, and there are many people on here with much longer times than that.

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I also read somewhere that they don't generate a vin number unless they have all the parts to build your truck. That would be nice if true.

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Mine has been ‘In Production’ for 50+ days now. Anything over a day or two is basically code for being stuck due to some part shortage. According to my dealer I’m waiting on some microchip.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
I also read somewhere that they don't generate a vin number unless they have all the parts to build your truck. That would be nice if true.
Yeah, I don't think that's possible. I think with the inventory they have sitting at the proving ground just waiting to get retrofitted for chips all have VIN's, as they are stamped throughout the vehicle during the build. But this could be a unique situation since chips are so deep in the supply chain, it probably threw the system for a complete toss.

Sponsored

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
An hour! Wow, that's fast.

I've been wondering about this, maybe someone here knows, but what is the work schedule for the Dearborn plant? My truck went "in production" last Friday and I was wondering if the assembly line runs 7 days a week and when it starts and ends during the day. At quitting time do they just throw the switch with things dangling in the air and start up where they left off the next day? There ought to be a video on YouTube but I've never seen it.

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That same location I mentioned in post #1 also states ETA at the dealer is May 16th. Why would they state that when they don't have the parts to build. It should say "delivery date unknown."
A "ford fast one" or what?

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
That same location I mentioned in post #1 also states ETA at the dealer is May 16th. Why would they state that when they don't have the parts to build. It should say "delivery date unknown."
A "ford fast one" or what?
I think the ETA from the trackers are not accurate. It's probably based on some algorithm that no longer applies because of the shortages. Other people had ETAs that were in the past and still waiting for their truck

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ford web site where you enter your order number and your vin number shows "Order confirmed date," "In Production," "Built," "Shipped," and "Delivery estimate."
OK, well, I have read that it only takes 18 hours to build a truck. So when it has been listed as "In Production" just how long does that process have to take until "built" shows?
HIGHLY dependent now on if they have the necessary parts (microchips) or not. It takes about 22-26 hours from the parts being placed on the beginning of the line to when the truck rolls off fully built under its own power.

I hate to say it, but that “In Production” status does not mean a whole lot. If I recall correctly, my tracker said my build was in production for the Bette part of about two weeks. If you have your window sticker, the blend date at the top will be a far more accurate indicator as to when the truck will be made. The tracker will change to “Built” status about 22-26 hours after the blend date if they are running on schedule.

Sponsored

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
My truck has shown as "In Production" for a little more than a month so far.

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
HIGHLY dependent now on if they have the necessary parts (microchips) or not. It takes about 22-26 hours from the parts being placed on the beginning of the line to when the truck rolls off fully built under its own power.

I hate to say it, but that “In Production” status does not mean a whole lot. If I recall correctly, my tracker said my build was in production for the Bette part of about two weeks. If you have your window sticker, the blend date at the top will be a far more accurate indicator as to when the truck will be made. The tracker will change to “Built” status about 22-26 hours after the blend date if they are running on schedule.
I have my sticker but I would not call Blend 6300 as a date. So how does that number really tell anything?

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
It takes 20hrs to build an F150, not just under an hour.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
I have my sticker but I would not call Blend 6300 as a date. So how does that number really tell anything?
That's the blend number, not the blend date, the blend date is to the left of that on the sticker, starts with a 2, then is in a YYYYMMDD format
Sponsored