First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I won't say this with 100% certainty, but I believe it's accurate. The KC plant has been shut down since 4/19, and isn't scheduled to start back up until June. Blend dates on trucks that were assigned before the shutdown was announced, but fall after 4/19, won't even start on the line until June, and I don't believe the blend date will be updated until that happens.
Oh, that is just great. I guess I will wait for October..........?
Sponsored

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
These statements are at odds with each other, unless you consider assembly to only mean once the body meets the chassis. You can't talk about the entire assembly process and constrain it to just final assembly. The stamping, welding, painting, wiring, carpeting, windshield, etc. are all part of the assembly process, that happen on an assembly line, and take place prior to final assembly, where the body meets the chassis for the first time. At that point, a large portion of the interior has already been installed.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
OK. If that is the blend number then my truck should have arrived. Mine is 220210420. That comes out to April 20th. I still have a dealer estimated delivery date of May 16th. I just wonder when they are going to change that to October?:oops:
So your blend number was 4/20, that just means the parts were put on the assembly line that day. With the microchip shortage, the styrofoam shortage, etc, it's not likely to be done on a normal timeline

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So your blend number was 4/20, that just means the parts were put on the assembly line that day. With the microchip shortage, the styrofoam shortage, etc, it's not likely to be done on a normal timeline
And not likely to be done when the factory is not open. I could be as bad off as another person at my dealer that also thought he was going to get his Super Duty about the same time as mine was scheduled to arrive. He ordered last October!
So, I guess I will just sit back and wait for September, October, November, forever........

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
That’s not at all what that means. Each individual truck takes 20hrs. At full production they can average a truck being completed every 58 seconds. That doesn’t mean a single truck is assembled in 58 seconds. It means that a truck finishes every 58 seconds. You could have every part sitting there and not come within several hours of completing a truck in 58 seconds.

Sponsored

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
An hour! Wow, that's fast.

I've been wondering about this, maybe someone here knows, but what is the work schedule for the Dearborn plant? My truck went "in production" last Friday and I was wondering if the assembly line runs 7 days a week and when it starts and ends during the day. At quitting time do they just throw the switch with things dangling in the air and start up where they left off the next day? There ought to be a video on YouTube but I've never seen it.
I believe a new f150 comes off the assembly line every 51 seconds.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
An hour! Wow, that's fast.

I've been wondering about this, maybe someone here knows, but what is the work schedule for the Dearborn plant? My truck went "in production" last Friday and I was wondering if the assembly line runs 7 days a week and when it starts and ends during the day. At quitting time do they just throw the switch with things dangling in the air and start up where they left off the next day? There ought to be a video on YouTube but I've never seen it.
It is an assembly line at the Rouge plant in Dearborn, so the ability to stop in place and start up the next day exists since the trucks move from station to station (my wife took me to watch the line for a birthday gift two years ago) I think your question depends more on how many shifts the line is working at the time

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
HIGHLY dependent now on if they have the necessary parts (microchips) or not. It takes about 22-26 hours from the parts being placed on the beginning of the line to when the truck rolls off fully built under its own power.

I hate to say it, but that “In Production” status does not mean a whole lot. If I recall correctly, my tracker said my build was in production for the Bette part of about two weeks. If you have your window sticker, the blend date at the top will be a far more accurate indicator as to when the truck will be made. The tracker will change to “Built” status about 22-26 hours after the blend date if they are running on schedule.
My Blend date is 20210410 with a in-production date of 20210423. There hasn't been any other changes except last week i now have an ETA to my dealer 20210530.

All this is confusing, since the chip shortage is wreaking havoc on this industry.

I do want to say CONGRATS to those that have received their trucks, I am now on week 15 and counting. I am hoping to get a surprise at the end of May...Got to be optimistic!!

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
My Blend date is 20210410 with a in-production date of 20210423. There hasn't been any other changes except last week i now have an ETA to my dealer 20210530.

All this is confusing, since the chip shortage is wreaking havoc on this industry.

I do want to say CONGRATS to those that have received their trucks, I am now on week 15 and counting. I am hoping to get a surprise at the end of May...Got to be optimistic!!
I'm on week 15 as well, my dealer says if I'm lucky I'll have it in 6 weeks, and if not it'll be up to 24 weeks more.

sportv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 2017 Ford Focus
Occupation
Boiler Operator
My blend date reads 220210419 that would read 2021 April 19 but mine still reads in production say 25 day from now it will be at my dealer ? I sure hope so.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
August (from what I understand) is typically the cut off from last years model and next years model.

Of course we live in a very different world today but...

If Ford plans to start building 2022s by the end of August, they HAVE TO have all the 2021s cleared off of the lines. Unless they plan to cancel orders which might be why we're hearing that "customer orders" are taking priority over "dealership orders".

Dealers aren't going to care if their 2021 orders show up as 2022s.

So it's entirely possible that those of us fearing a fall delivery (count me as one) might be being overly pessimistic.

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
August (from what I understand) is typically the cut off from last years model and next years model.

Of course we live in a very different world today but...

If Ford plans to start building 2022s by the end of August, they HAVE TO have all the 2021s cleared off of the lines. Unless they plan to cancel orders which might be why we're hearing that "customer orders" are taking priority over "dealership orders".

Dealers aren't going to care if their 2021 orders show up as 2022s.

So it's entirely possible that those of us fearing a fall delivery (count me as one) might be being overly pessimistic.
The majority of people who ordered have a VIN by now which means they are assigned a 2021

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My blend date reads 220210419 that would read 2021 April 19 but mine still reads in production say 25 day from now it will be at my dealer ? I sure hope so.
Don't count on it. Mine is April 12th with delivery on May 16th. How can they deliver a truck that is not even put together and the factory is not open? Not going to happen.