Sponsored

I'm being charged for options that are not on the truck that Ford delivered..

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Yeah...as mentioned, do not walk away from the truck! That will be a big mistake! They can probably find you $1000-$1500 Manufacturer rebate when you take delivery. You seem more upset about the discount than the missing features. I would also not threaten anything until you have signed paperwork. Basically, ordering another truck ensures you get even less features and pay way more. Ask those 23 Lariat owners paying $70k+ for their trucks with no heated steering wheels. You can scan threads in this forum how identically built trucks from 2022-2023 have seen $5000-$8000 increases in MSRP depending on options....and that is before any future increases WHICH WILL COME. Watch what's going on in the world...and politics. Any sort of hotspot instability and partisan bickering about financials will push those prices up and postpone any future delivery dates. I think you have received great advice here on what's at stake.
Exactly.

Personally, I'd take the truck. And if they aren't willing to remove the price reduction for the missing items, I'd blast their business practices on their social media.
Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
On the contrary....tell them you will leave them a good review when they take care of you. You do not get anything by threatening....ever! People who have worked customer service will tell you this.
Good point. Also by doing it this way it implies you will leave a poor review otherwise without coming out and directly saying it. Either way, online reviews are VERY important to these dealerships and each individual salesperson’s performance evaluations.

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Short story, I am being charged for $1005 worth of options that were part of my original (price protected) order, but the options are not on the truck they delivered.

Long story:

In February 2022, I special ordered an F150 Platinum 701A and locked in the price. The deal was MSRP (at that time) minus $4000. That deal was signed by the general manager, the salesman, and me.

The order included:
Max recline seats (option for $340)
Active Park assist (included in 701A)
Multicontour seats (included in 701A)

None of these three options are on the truck that was delivered.

The window sticker on the truck that was delivered should be irrelevant. The deal in February 2022 was, a specific truck for a specific number of dollars.

For reference:

The window sticker, on the truck that was delivered, shows a credit for:
$365 for Active Park Assist removal and
$300 for Multicontour Seat removal

The window sticker is silent on the Max Recline Seats (it was not added, and it was not 'removed').

The dealer is honoring the 'locked in price' which is to say, they are charging me the SAME amount of money as when those three features were going to be included in the deal.

Shouldn't Ford/the dealer honor the locked in price minus the $1005 dollars for the three features that are no longer part of the deal?

Thanks,
Chad
Walk, you've waited a year already. Go to another dealer or another brand all together.

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
its just a matter of time before dealers get cut completely out of the loop. the trend for online order and delivery is just a matter of time. the dealer network can lobby congress or whoever all they want to make it a requirement to use a dealer, but the day will come.
Not in our lifetimes ...

Do you think you're going to pick up your new truck at the assembly plant?

And where do you think you're going to take it for repairs?

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
My dealer correctly credited the deletion of items into our agreed order price. Unfortunately, not all dealers are on the level.

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2023 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Protection Agent
That sucks! My heated steering wheel was deleted and credited a small amount. It pissed me off but not as bad as your deal.

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
One thing no one mentioned - if you have a trade in you might be able to recover the "extra" they are charging on the deleted options via "extra" trade in value. Having a current carmax or other "we will buy your car" quote and the car and driver/kbb valuation when you do that helps.

We bought a Subaru Outback last August. I had the quote for my trade in from Carmax in my email. Dealer offered $1000 less than Carmax on the trade. I said I guess I'll come back in a couple days once I sell the trade in to Carmax. They said "hold on a min" and had a "manager conference" and boom, trade in offer matched my online quote from Carmax.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
And so no other car manufacturer is doing this ? lol some of you are really funny always making it out to be a FORD issue and I'm no homer in anyway but this is the new life/realistic concerns we live now. GM is doing the same thing .
I wouldn't know about "other car manufacturers" because EVERY new vehicle I've ever purchased for the last 30+ years has been a "Ford".
Ford's "customer service" never used to be like this.
I guess it may just be the changing times.
I'll be "changing" auto manufacturers for my next purchase.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
One place you do have leverage is online reviews. Threaten to document your experience on Google, Facebook, Yelp, and anywhere else you can post.
ill say this, and i'll keep it to the short version hahaha...dealer agreed over the phone (not in writing) to terms of the deal (agreed to match CarMax's trade in value and X-Plan) on a specific truck. I offered to pay a deposit to hold the vehicle and was told i was good to come friday afternoon. (it was a wed) got to the dealer and they cat and moused me on trade. shorted me $4K but then tried to upsell me $3K worth of add ons.
Finally their solution was to drop the add on's which now gave me $3K back hahaha salesman then said "they werent making money on my deal b/c of X-Plan so we cant match Carmax's trade value but wont do the deal if you dont do a trade" so i decided to just leave.

next morning, woke up, and left a very thorough and factual review on the whole ordeal down to what the salesman above said to me.

within an hour or two, GM of the dealer called me, realized i had bought a truck from him 5 years prior, and agreed to honor my original deal with trade.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
ill say this, and i'll keep it to the short version hahaha...dealer agreed over the phone (not in writing) to terms of the deal (agreed to match CarMax's trade in value and X-Plan) on a specific truck. I offered to pay a deposit to hold the vehicle and was told i was good to come friday afternoon. (it was a wed) got to the dealer and they cat and moused me on trade. shorted me $4K but then tried to upsell me $3K worth of add ons.
Finally their solution was to drop the add on's which now gave me $3K back hahaha salesman then said "they werent making money on my deal b/c of X-Plan so we cant match Carmax's trade value but wont do the deal if you dont do a trade" so i decided to just leave.

next morning, woke up, and left a very thorough and factual review on the whole ordeal down to what the salesman above said to me.

within an hour or two, GM of the dealer called me, realized i had bought a truck from him 5 years prior, and agreed to honor my original deal with trade.
And that is why we all hate dealers. Don't run me through the ringer to get a deal you said you would do at the beginning. Sooo frustrating. Glad I am not selling my little ranger, and if I did I would sell on my own.

I would still walk away, give granger a call. That is all just BS.

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
And that is why we all hate dealers. Don't run me through the ringer to get a deal you said you would do at the beginning. Sooo frustrating. Glad I am not selling my little ranger, and if I did I would sell on my own.
I would still walk away, give granger a call. That is all just BS.
I would have loved to call Grainger. Problem is, i started my truck buying journey wanting a Platinum. Saw the multi contour deletions and decided why pay for a platinum missing options when i can save a few bucks getting a Lariat optioned out. Then i realized I missed the 22 ordering window by a month. Started seeing talks of MSRP jumps and deleted options for 2023 models and just searched FORDS website every few days til something popped up meeting 99% of what i wanted.

What really chapped my ass about what the dealer did was the fact i was told i should be in and out in about an hours time. i mean they said they'd honor carmax and xplan is xplan. numbers should have been the least of the worry. I brought my family with me. Everyone had a long day and was hungry and they dicked me around. thats why i made a bad google review.

Capecod

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 Max Tow
Occupation
retired
Short story, I am being charged for $1005 worth of options that were part of my original (price protected) order, but the options are not on the truck they delivered.

Long story:

In February 2022, I special ordered an F150 Platinum 701A and locked in the price. The deal was MSRP (at that time) minus $4000. That deal was signed by the general manager, the salesman, and me.

The order included:
Max recline seats (option for $340)
Active Park assist (included in 701A)
Multicontour seats (included in 701A)

None of these three options are on the truck that was delivered.

The window sticker on the truck that was delivered should be irrelevant. The deal in February 2022 was, a specific truck for a specific number of dollars.

For reference:

The window sticker, on the truck that was delivered, shows a credit for:
$365 for Active Park Assist removal and
$300 for Multicontour Seat removal

The window sticker is silent on the Max Recline Seats (it was not added, and it was not 'removed').

The dealer is honoring the 'locked in price' which is to say, they are charging me the SAME amount of money as when those three features were going to be included in the deal.

Shouldn't Ford/the dealer honor the locked in price minus the $1005 dollars for the three features that are no longer part of the deal?

Thanks,
Chad
Went through this on 2 trucks ordered in Jan 2022. Sticker price INCREASED between time ordered and delivery. Dealer says they are not increasing price because of Fords price. My contract said dealer has the right to increase price if manufacture increases the price. You waited a long time to get the truck. If the missing options are really important to you walk. If not just pay. If you walk and order another truck price will be higher and no guarantee that you will get exactly what you order on this truck. Have you looked at the Ram's ? Quality issues with both F150's we bought.

rayray3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
When I was getting the runaround with my 12” screen repair with service for 4 months, I mentioned it to the salesman who suggested I call Ford customer care 800-392-3673 and open up a case (Not sure if you have a vin yet). When I did that, things got moving quickly and questions were being answered. They also gave me 3 year/36k free oil change/rotation services for my troubles. Came out over $500 value to me. At least you would get half of your $$ back.

Sounds like nothing you say will make them budge, on the price, so you might want to keep the truck and see if you can get your money back with discounted accessories, bed spray in liner, wheel well protectors, etc. unless those missing options are deal breakers and your willing to pay today’s inflated prices for a different truck and wait longer.

I do agree with others that coming off calm may get you further. Use phrases like “this is unacceptable, how can WE make this right, what do WE have to do to move forward so we’re both happy”. Work with them. Things like that. They could be roadblocked from a higher authority. Right now, to get what you want , it all in the approach and delivery. You may need them later for warranty work, service, repairs so keeping that bridge open may be beneficial later.
Good Luck!

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I do agree with others that coming off calm may get you further. Use phrases like “this is unacceptable, how can WE make this right, what do WE have to do to move forward so we’re both happy”. Work with them. Things like that. They could be roadblocked from a higher authority. Right now, to get what you want , it all in the approach and delivery. You may need them later for warranty work, service, repairs so keeping that bridge open may be beneficial later.
Good Luck!
Coming off calm always gets you further. Think about how others treat you in life. Are you more likely to go further out of your way to help someone who is nice to you or someone who is yelling at you?

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
It is your decision whether to bend over for the dealer or not. I would tell the dealer that the price needs to be lowered to reflect the items deleted from the build. Dealers make a great amount of profit on pickup trucks even at "dealer invoice" and MSRP is a convenient fiction to trick people into thinking they are getting a "discount".

I would ask to see the dealer's invoice for the truck and start negoting based in that amount. I would also use the fact that it is an older model year truck and so already subject to depreciation in terms of its blue book value before it has left the dealer's lot.

But it is subjective. I paid $5,000 over MSRP in May 2022 as I could afford to pay it and I did not want to wait 12 months or longer to get a truck I ordered at that time.

I keep vehicles 10 or more years so I am screwed less often with my vehicle purchases. It is also why I am a big fan of Toyota vehicles that after many years and many thousands of miles are still solid and everything continues to work perfectly.
Sponsored