Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Hi there,
Thanks for the write-up.

I just installed a FWC Project-M on my 21 SuperCrew 3.5eb — pretty much the same but as your tremor. I have fox 2.5 on all 4 corners and SPC up arms. I added a 1.5 own factor ad-a-leaf long before the install to help with an Smart cap and Alu-Cab RTT, plus a moto hitch rack and 160lbs emoto. Figured the Project-M would weight about the same, but it's clearly a WAY heavier setup. Back to the shop we go...

I see you installed gen2 raptor packs. Looks like it may eliminate the riser? Also, you used dropper shackles too? I'm considering the hd +2 deaver pack for the gen2 raptor, but didn't realize icon made some as well. And honestly, I've heard mixed reports if it will fit or not.

What would you recommend for a pack to give me 1.5"/2" of rake over the front to accommodate roughly 1100lbs of weight?

Also, do you have any experience with the deavers? Would those fit?

Pic for reference:
Ford F-150 Icon 2.5 CDCV and Raptor Leaf Pack Fitment Confirmed PXL_20230615_235941388
Sponsored

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Awesome!
Thanks for this.

can you share the full droop measurement or even better, what the shock length would be to get to full droop?

OP
OP
Hotshot Offroad

Hotshot Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Derrick and Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotshotoffroad.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Hi there,
Thanks for the write-up.

I just installed a FWC Project-M on my 21 SuperCrew 3.5eb — pretty much the same but as your tremor. I have fox 2.5 on all 4 corners and SPC up arms. I added a 1.5 own factor ad-a-leaf long before the install to help with an Smart cap and Alu-Cab RTT, plus a moto hitch rack and 160lbs emoto. Figured the Project-M would weight about the same, but it's clearly a WAY heavier setup. Back to the shop we go...

I see you installed gen2 raptor packs. Looks like it may eliminate the riser? Also, you used dropper shackles too? I'm considering the hd +2 deaver pack for the gen2 raptor, but didn't realize icon made some as well. And honestly, I've heard mixed reports if it will fit or not.

What would you recommend for a pack to give me 1.5"/2" of rake over the front to accommodate roughly 1100lbs of weight?

Also, do you have any experience with the deavers? Would those fit?

Pic for reference:
PXL_20230615_235941388.jpg
Nice rig! And yeah... She's SQUATTY. Just with that I can see (plus the specs I pulled from the FWC site) you're running at a minimum 700lbs, and that is assuming you have nothing else in your cab or the bed of the truck. I think that 1000lbs mark is probably pretty accurate as far as your estimations go.

The Icon RXT raptor packs that we installed allowed us to get rid of the 4" block that came on the Tremor which is great! We installed drop shackles in the rear not because we wanted things lower, but because if we didn't run a shackle with a longer arm the Icon pack would make contact with the shackle during compression cycles. It was just a concession that we had to make in order to make things work together. The other piece of this is the design of the eyelets themselves. The Icon packs wrap around the bottom of the eyelet by design, whereas on something like a Deaver the longest leaf intersects the eyelet in the center of it which makes a little more clearance at the shackles.

As for pack selection I am going to say that the Icon is not the pack for you. You simply just have too much weight! If you want to get your ride height back and have the confidence that comes from not having your load throw you all over the place I think that a Deaver pack is going to be the way to go. Deaver doesn't list their packs as compatible with anything but the Raptors per se, but it's a ride height and load carrying capacity puzzle, and one that I am confident that I can solve. Shoot us a direct message with your full gear list out back as well as your intended ride height and we can put something together. Alternatively, you can always give us a buzz here at 406-936-0206.

Awesome!
Thanks for this.

can you share the full droop measurement or even better, what the shock length would be to get to full droop?
We unfortunately didn't take any measurements of just the leaf pack at full droop to see what that full distance is. I'm sure we could pull things apart again to see what those values are, but unless you are looking for a one-off build (shock relocate) I can pretty confidently say that the RXTs will droop further than most any shock out there that fits the F-150 or Raptor. If you're running your truck hard is it a bad idea to get limit straps in the rear? Nope!

If we do decide to pull it apart here any day soon I'll make sure to report back with full RXT droop numbers as long as the brake lines allow it. If you have other questions though please let me know.
Sponsored