First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber/HVAC tech
I’ve been reading through forums and have still yet to find an answer I’m comfortable with. Hoping for a little help….
After reading I decided to order the pro comp 2.5 level kit for my 2022 tremor. After reading more I ended up ordering the auto spring 2.5 level as well.

So now I need to figure out which one I want installed. From what I’ve seen the pro comp level is better for the cv angles but stiffening up the ride because of the pre load spacers. Where as the auto spring seems to not change the ride quality but does have more extreme cv angles. I’ve also noticed with the auto spring level the results are all over the place as to where the rake ends up. I want some rake if I load the bed. Don’t do much towing. Right now my truck has 16k and sits right at 4” of rake.

I’ve also seen mixed results on the rear block size. Some say it has to do with whether or not you have the towing package option or not as to what size the rear block is. Possibly thinking that could be why I’m seeing extreme differences in the end results on people level

if anyone has a suggestion on the best kit to use I’d appreciate it greatly. Also any confirmation on the rear block size theory. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

OP
OP
McTremor22

McTremor22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber/HVAC tech
Man bronco6g I woulda had 20 replies by now lol. Thanks fellas 😅

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Pretty sure rear block height is standard across all Tremors regardless of tow pkg. As for front lift, CV angles should be the same regardless of which 2.5” kit you go with. AS also makes a 2.3” one

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Lift is lift so I don’t see how one 2.5 kit produces different cv angles from another 2.5 kit if they both give the same amount of lift. What I don’t understand is how a tremor, which is already 1” higher, then you add a 2.5” puck lift which really makes it 3.5” over a standard f150, how is that good for cv angles?

OP
OP
McTremor22

McTremor22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber/HVAC tech
Lift is lift so I don’t see how one 2.5 kit produces different cv angles from another 2.5 kit if they both give the same amount of lift. What I don’t understand is how a tremor, which is already 1” higher, then you add a 2.5” puck lift which really makes it 3.5” over a standard f150, how is that good for cv angles?
Just from what I’ve scanned over the pro comp has a preload spacer which supposedly is better for cv angles? Im no pro that’s just what I’ve seen lol I’ve seen a lot of threads where people run both with no issues but im sure 99% of people won’t off-road them. I don’t plan on much off-road either maybe some light trials.

Sponsored

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Just from what I’ve scanned over the pro comp has a preload spacer which supposedly is better for cv angles?
Wherever you read that, don’t take any more of their advice. CV angle is determined by how far the hub is down, which is determined by the height of the lift, regardless of how that lift is achieved.

OP
OP
McTremor22

McTremor22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber/HVAC tech
Wherever you read that, don’t take any more of their advice. CV angle is determined by how far the hub is down, which is determined by the height of the lift, regardless of how that lift is achieved.
I genuinely appreciate the feedback. Will most likely end up going with the as lift then as it’s much easier to install so hopefully my shop won’t charge me as much lol

FTLBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2020 Expedition Limited
Just from what I’ve scanned over the pro comp has a preload spacer which supposedly is better for cv angles? Im no pro that’s just what I’ve seen lol I’ve seen a lot of threads where people run both with no issues but im sure 99% of people won’t off-road them. I don’t plan on much off-road either maybe some light trials.
There is actually some truth to this...

The AS kit is just a spacer that sits on top of the strut (aka coilover). The spacer lifts the truck, but also creates a longer overall length from the top of the spacer to the bottom of the strut. This extra length allows the potential for wheel to droop further than intended in certain situations (steeper CV angles).

The ProComp 2-1/2" kit uses both a small spacer above the strut/coilover, and a spacer that installs above the spring itself. The spring spacer is installed by disassembling the strut and compressing the spring. Compressing the spring creates a stiffer spring that lifts the truck, but the strut still maintains its total length at full droop. When combining this with the smaller spacer above the strut, you gain the 2-1/2" lift, but it doesn’t allow for the more severe CV angles at full droop that are seen when just using the 2-1/2 upper spacer like the one from AS.

I like the idea of the ProComp setup, but I personally went with the 1-1/2" AS kit in an effort to maintain the factory ride quality, but give it just a little lift while keeping some rake for towing.

Auto Spring:
Ford F-150 Pro comp 2.5 vs auto spring 2.5 level 1670564938685

ProComp:
Ford F-150 Pro comp 2.5 vs auto spring 2.5 level 1670564914760

OP
OP
McTremor22

McTremor22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber/HVAC tech
There is actually some truth to this...

The AS kit is just a spacer that sits on top of the strut (aka coilover). The spacer lifts the truck, but also creates a longer overall length from the top of the spacer to the bottom of the strut. This extra length allows the potential for wheel to droop further than intended in certain situations (steeper CV angles).

The ProComp 2-1/2" kit uses both a small spacer above the strut/coilover, and a spacer that installs above the spring itself. The spring spacer is installed by disassembling the strut and compressing the spring. Compressing the spring creates a stiffer spring that lifts the truck, but the strut still maintains its total length at full droop. When combining this with the smaller spacer above the strut, you gain the 2-1/2" lift, but it doesn’t allow for the more severe CV angles at full droop that are seen when just using the 2-1/2 upper spacer like the one from AS.

I like the idea of the ProComp setup, but I personally went with the 1-1/2" AS kit in an effort to maintain the factory ride quality, but give it just a little lift while keeping some rake for towing.

Auto Spring:
1670564938685.png

ProComp:
1670564914760.png
I appreciate the reply. I ended up installing the 2.5 AS kit. Looks great. I haven’t had time to measure the difference that I gained but it appears to still have a little rake which I was shooting for. Ride quality seems unchanged. I think I will have my dealer check the cameras and sensors this weekend to make sure it’s all calibrated for the new ride height. Thanks again though. Hopefully I won’t have any issues with the AS kit. 🤞

Sponsored

Apollo20

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 tremor
Occupation
Software
Does AS no longer make the 1.5 one?

Also, anyone with the 2.5 or 2 inch AS done any towing? I’m really worried about sag while towing.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Does AS no longer make the 1.5 one?

Also, anyone with the 2.5 or 2 inch AS done any towing? I’m really worried about sag while towing.
If you are really worried about sag while towing air bags are an option
Sponsored