Sponsored

I would like your opinions please. Deceitful dealership service center experience.

COG099

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4 Powerboost
I am hoping to have some of you chime in with your thoughts on this situation. I don't want to be dramatic about the situation but I am very frustrated regarding my experience at an Austin, TX Ford dealer's service department. I don't plan on disclosing the dealer until they have had an opportunity to make it right. Please take a moment to read this and I would really like to hear how ya'll would feel about this.

I'll get to the real issue right off the bat before giving you the full story of poor service. After having my truck at a local Austin, TX Ford dealer's service department, I was lied to regarding completion of the sagging underbody insulation repair as well as having a general feeling that they put no effort in addressing any of my issues other than resetting the transmission issues. Rather than riveting the underbody insulation and inspecting the cooling system lines necessary on the Powerboost models, they simply removed the insulation my King Ranch Powerboost truck had. You can see in the picture where I had put gasket sealer to tack the insulation up due to is contacting the driveshaft at the joint to make sure I did not damage the driveshaft while waiting for my appointment. I am very angry they lied about completing my truck and I am sure it was just to get the hell out of their dealership.

I was already frustrated that they had not completed this specific repair which was the first thing they looked at two weeks prior. They were out of rivets the day I dropped off my truck but they were "on order". No problem, there were other things needing attention including the transmission which was going to be a week delay or so.

Two weeks later and after several "Tech says that is normal" excuses for things like "Service Charging System Soon" messages etc, I asked for an update and let the rep know I would need my truck in a few days. She said the transmission tech was getting to it that "afternoon or tomorrow mid-morning" and she would have an update. I did not hear from her and followed up at 5pm when she said he was gonna see it in the morning. Although I doubted their efforts on the "Charging System Soon" error and other Sync related issues, I was assured the recall items were done and she should have the truck done the next day. I checked the Ford Pass App and the truck did not move at all on April 13th or 14th when she said they were working on it. It did move on April 15th and I received a call that afternoon. I was told the transmission was addressed and you can pick up your truck but I would need to come back again "to complete the sagging underbody insulation repair". I was livid. That was the first item addressed and they just failed to follow up on it after two weeks. I cannot believe that after being in the shop for 15 days and paying $20/day out of pocket over the $40/day Ford provided for a loaner, my truck was not repaired properly.
I let her know that was ridiculous that after two weeks, the simplest issue to fix was not done and I would need to come back another time to get it fixed. She replied that they didn't have enough time because "you said you needed your truck back. What do you want me to do?"

Are you kidding me, it's my fault you didn't follow up for two weeks and it's on me that I actually need my $75k truck back? She then offered "you can have it done when you bring it in for an oil change".

I was an hour away and asked if someone could do the repaired by the time I get there. She called and confirmed that a tech had pulled off what he was doing to take care of my issue and I thanked her. When I get home that night I inspected the repair and found that they simply tore off the insulation and didn't bother with a proper repair at all!

This also probably means they did not bother to remove the drive shaft at all or inspect the coolant line that could be damaged as well(truck is a Powerboost and verifying there is no damage to those lines is part of the recall process).

What worse, the paperwork clearly listed that they removed the driveshaft and placed rivets although they did not. So in a nutshell they did not properly repair a NHTSB Recall Repair AND I am certain they will bill FordMoCo for the repairs.
Sponsored

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 - 2021 XL 4x4 Supercab
Time to find a different dealership. If they are ok with this level of service in the first place, there is nothing they could do to make me want to come back. I wouldn't even waste my time giving them a chance to make it right, they won't.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Wow, just Wow. I agree it is time to seek out another dealership, but not before you contact Ford and the NHTSB to let them know about the shoddy work. I would then contact the General Manager of the dealership and let them know what is going on in service and tell them that you have already spoken to Corporate and the NHTSB. If they want to try and make it right, I would insist on being allowed to watch while they do the repairs. Good luck.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Find another dealer, if that’s an option (I realize some folks west of the Mississippi have limited dealer options due to distance). My experience, regardless of brand, is that when you get a dealer like this there’s no amount of calling the general manager, contacting customer service at corporate, etc that will get the issue resolved properly, and A) you’ll never trust them again plus B) once they’ve been smacked by corporate or the dealers‘s general manager the service department is going to be pissy at every interaction.

Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Find another dealer, if that’s an option (I realize some folks west of the Mississippi have limited dealer options due to distance). My experience, regardless of brand, is that when you get a dealer like this there’s no amount of calling the general manager, contacting customer service at corporate, etc that will get the issue resolved properly, and A) you’ll never trust them again plus B) once they’ve been smacked by corporate or the dealers‘s general manager the service department is going to be pissy at every interaction.
True. Very good friends of mine has a piss poor Toyota dealer who keep telling them the reason their Tacoma keep having a dead battery was because it was cold where they live. Meanwhile , the service manager wouldn't even talk to the wife and even though they involved Toyota corp and the Dealer Gm, nothing was ever resolved. So I guess I have had a charmed life when it comes to dealers.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
.... an Austin, TX Ford dealer's service department. I don't plan on disclosing the dealer until they have had an opportunity to make it right. Please take a moment to read this and I would really like to hear how ya'll would feel about this.
Even If they 'make it right', I'd rather avoid the hassles getting to that point. As an Austin area owner I'd appreciate disclosure of the dealer name. PM appreciated if you prefer.

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Even If they 'make it right', I'd rather avoid the hassles getting to that point. As an Austin area owner I'd appreciate disclosure of the dealer name. PM appreciated if you prefer.
Another Austin area owner here. I’d love to know the dealer as well. I’ve had issues with my last truck and a couple dealers that just kept giving me the “unable to reproduce” nonsense. My new powerboost had the recall done. Now I need to crawl under it and inspect it.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Would speak to the manager of the dealership. Not the service manager. See if he makes it right. But I agree with what the others have said, I would find another dealership for repairs as it sounds like they have employees that couldn't care less.

Willed

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Just to let you know, you need to find a new dealership. You are a marked person, and will continue to have problems with them. From experience I have had with Ford service, your wasting your time dealing with them. Most people take dealers advice without saying anything because they know no better. They really take advantage of older people and women. I had a similar situation in Texas, but knowing they were wrong on every issue with a 2007 F150, got it fixed by being a butt head to dealership, by calling Ford, and local news media. They did not want the news media attention, so it was fixed. Today’s way to get back at them are very easy, with social media and such. Just bought a used 2019 Ford Flex Limited Ecoboost, 24000 miles, had it 1 1/2 days and wouldn’t start due to bad battery. But dealership took good care of us, which is hard to find. So first thing is to find a new dealership, then let the old one have your wrath. Start with Yelp, BBB, and dealership review on any and all websites you can find. Posting on the dealers website is a waste of time, as they will just delete it. Good luck with your problem, but there are ways to get back at them!

Sponsored

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
I have to echo other comments on finding another dealer. Something not getting done because of incompetence or not doing due diligence can usually be forgiven and overcome but outright lying is too far. I had a situation with both and raised holy hell and they made it right, and I'm still going there. If they willingly lied or deceived me, they'd lose my business forever.

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I feel your pain. In January dealer did insulation recall. In June heard a "noise," crawled under the truck and the insulation was loose and the driveshaft was in contact with the insulation. Dealer examined next day. Driveshaft was ok but recall was done wrong.

PowerBoost recall was to remove the insulation and install new insulation inside under rear passenger seat.

Not here to defend dealer. Heck, tech that did my recall in January couldn't tell that he was working on a PowerBoost. Maybe your dealer did it right but didn't tell you.

Hope all your issues have been cured.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Bots are so annoying... digging up year old thread. Bad bot.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
If your copy of the contract to buy bears out the substitution, without your knowedge or agreement, this is fraud. Get a lawyer and sue them, also take it to the local authorities as fraud is a criminal offense. Then don't ever do business with them again...

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
WTH is happening with this thread?
Sponsored