Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Vibration or shake?
Neither are acceptable, but very different experience in my mind.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Vibration or shake?
Neither are acceptable, but very different experience in my mind.
I guess it’s a shake. If I let go of the steering wheel you can see it bouncing.

update: service manager called me today to bring it back on Monday. They will have a loner for me. Interesting thing is there are service tickets for my steering wheel shake and creaking noise, but no work notes on what was done. Basically it looks like nothing was done. Also ford called me today to get more information. They asked if I wanted to start the buy back process—I said not yet. I like my truck and I want the issues fixed. But I told ford that if the dealer can’t fix it then I will start the buy back process.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I have honestly never seen a post about a shakey or vibrating steering wheel. I would guess the 6” lift/wheels/tires may have something to do with it. Hopefully they figure it out. See if the dealer can put stock tires on it and test drive. That would atleast eliminate the tires.

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
I'll bet it didn't shake before the modifications. What is the VIN?

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll bet it didn't shake before the modifications. What is the VIN?
1FTFW1E86MKD74376. SCA has told me they have stock F150s that exhibit this problem. I put in a request this morning to start the buy back so we'll see what happens.

NV law is pretty clear--4 times for the same issue (I'm at 5) or more than 30 days in the shop (I'm at 45). I'm just not sure who's responsible for the buy back and whether I'm going to have to get an attorney involved.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have honestly never seen a post about a shakey or vibrating steering wheel. I would guess the 6” lift/wheels/tires may have something to do with it. Hopefully they figure it out. See if the dealer can put stock tires on it and test drive. That would atleast eliminate the tires.
I suggested stock wheels and they won't do it for some reason. They say they have to send my truck to Fox Performance so they can evaluate it...WHY would a dealer stock a truck they are not prepared to service??? Almost every new F150 on their lot is a Black Widow, FTX, Black Ops, or Shelby.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Not only does Ford not warranty aftermarket parts, they only do buybacks for vehicles that are undrivable or unsafe. The lift, the wheels, whatever else is done is very well responsible. Other stock trucks having similar issues is not proof that it's a design issue anymore than stock trucks that don't have the issue is proof it's not.

It's completely realistic that these issues are due to the non oem spec parts.

EDIT - Consider removing your VIN. Your dealer may be willing to force this through a buyback procedure without telling Ford what was done, if they're sketchy. But this is proof to Ford your vin was highly modded....

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not only does Ford not warranty aftermarket parts, they only do buybacks for vehicles that are undrivable or unsafe.

It's completely realistic that these modifications are due to the non oem spec parts.
That's fine. Ford might not have to do the buyback, but according to NV law, the dealer will-- especially since the majority of their new car fleet are trucks with aftermarket modifications. Unfortunately, for me, if the Ford buy back process doesn't pan out, I'll have to hire an attorney.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
That's fine. Ford might not have to do the buyback, but according to NV law, the dealer will-- especially since the majority of their new car fleet are trucks with aftermarket modifications. Unfortunately, for me, if the Ford buy back process doesn't pan out, I'll have to hire an attorney.
What I have learned about Ford and their buyback procedure is they just follow state laws and every state is very different. Some are for the consumer, some the manufacture but for me they just followed the law with no bias/emotion or care outside that. Thankfully for me, my state laws were to my advantage.

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What I have learned about Ford and their buyback procedure is they just follow state laws and every state is very different. Some are for the consumer, some the manufacture but for me they just followed the law with no bias/emotion or care outside that. Thankfully for me, my state laws were to my advantage.
Same is true for NV. 4 times in the shop for same issue or out of service for more than 30 days.

Sponsored

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Same is true for NV. 4 times in the shop for same issue or out of service for more than 30 days.
I hope it works out. in MN it's similar but has to be undrivable or unsafe. If you do open a case and talk to a rep, stress the safety aspect. Annoying / embarrasing whatever is not their care. Safety is a bit of a keyword for them.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Are you running spacers or are the rims just setup with that deep of an offset? If spacers and they didn't put hub-centric ones on there that can/will cause vibration issues. Possible a bent rim or out of round tire may be to blame. Also depending on the lift kit, and if the front CV shafts were not changed out for heavy duty or longer ones to compensate for the lift, that can also cause vibrations with stress put on joints. Last thing is it may be death wobbles caused by the change to the suspension geometry. In many cases an extra damper on the steering system is needed to absorb the vibrations inherit to the lift done.

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you running spacers or are the rims just setup with that deep of an offset? If spacers and they didn't put hub-centric ones on there that can/will cause vibration issues. Possible a bent rim or out of round tire may be to blame. Also depending on the lift kit, and if the front CV shafts were not changed out for heavy duty or longer ones to compensate for the lift, that can also cause vibrations with stress put on joints. Last thing is it may be death wobbles caused by the change to the suspension geometry. In many cases an extra damper on the steering system is needed to absorb the vibrations inherit to the lift done.
No spacers and not a very big offset on my version of the black widow. There are others where the wheels stick out much further. Mine just extend a couple of inches beyond the fender flares. As far as additional modifications, I'm not sure what SCA/Tuscany does aside from installing the lift kit. Probably not much. I'm playing the waiting game now.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I know of a shake caused by the lug nuts were not deep enough and the stud would bottom out inside the lug nut before tighting up against the rim. Shake would start around 45 mph.

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine was at 55-60. Then the dealer "rotated my drive shaft". Whatever that means. Now my shake is at 62-68.
Sponsored