Steering wheel sound

bizu1108

First Name
BigTurtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I noticed recently that when I turn my steering wheel (stop or at low speed), I hear a ticking sound. Based on googling around, it appears the sound may be coming from clock spring? Who knows it may be lubrication but tt only happens when I turn the steering wheel left but not when I turn it right. Did anyone run into this issue?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I noticed recently that when I turn my steering wheel (stop or at low speed), I hear a ticking sound. Based on googling around, it appears the sound may be coming from clock spring? Who knows it may be lubrication but tt only happens when I turn the steering wheel left but not when I turn it right. Did anyone run into this issue?
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this ticking noise on your truck. Thanks!

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
@bizu1108 did you ever figure out what was causing the sound? And get it fixed? My truck is making the same noise. Thanks!

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
What trim truck?
Do you have adaptive steering?

Atomic92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I’m having the same issue with my 2021. Did you get a resolution to your issue?

Sponsored

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Hi had a creaking sound coming from my steering wheel when I turned it. I took it in for service and they're swapping out some part. I don't know the exact part yet. It's been in the shop since Monday so I'm hoping to get it back today.

4WDMIKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Hi had a creaking sound coming from my steering wheel when I turned it. I took it in for service and they're swapping out some part. I don't know the exact part yet. It's been in the shop since Monday so I'm hoping to get it back today.
What was the final result here? Was it the clock spring after all?
Sponsored