First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Charger Rt// 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Heavy equipment
Your best bet if to search the F150 inventory site and get a VIN of a truck that is similarly built and optioned with the work surface. Use that VIN to get the parts you need.
sounds like a good plan. Then use your video to actually do the swap
Sponsored

Jafo2317

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbonized F150 / 2021 Aztec Ranger
Occupation
N/A
Thanks for the instructional video. Seems that it wouldn't take that much to do the swap, if only Ford would have a package made up already to purchase. Like I stated earlier, option M50 when ordering when your vehicle would be too easy just to order that separately. That should be a standard option on a Platinum, IMO. Crazy $ if you were to buy every single item for the swap.

Jafo2317

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
N/A
Local dealership stated that it would take over $500 of parts to change out the non work surface area to a functional one. It sells for $195 when ordering one. Don't understand why Ford doesn't come up with a quick swap kit?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yeah I have tried to piece it together. Its stupid. You can buy a Non work sureface as a complete unit with hinge. You cant for the work surface. Absolutley bonkers.

Jafo2317

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
N/A
Sure hope Ford reads this!!! Please make a swap kit for the work surface area that doesn't cost over $500.

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
does anyone elses center console lid when opened not stay open that has the work surface? its annoying as hell

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
apparently ive missed this trick. what is the nickel trick?
Pull the cover on the bottom side of the hinge and place a nickel under each spring. I'm sure you can find the thread pretty easy by searching.

Actually, there's some YouTube videos showing how to do it. Might be a better idea

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Sport Fx4
sounds like a good plan. Then use your video to actually do the swap
Did you ever manage to do that swap or even find the part numbers? I also have a Lariat with the carmine. The work surface was the only thing that the truck we found didn't have that we wanted.

Sponsored

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Did you ever manage to do that swap or even find the part numbers? I also have a Lariat with the carmine. The work surface was the only thing that the truck we found didn't have that we wanted.
The best thing you can do if you want to do it is go to a dealer lot (trucks are starting to fill up the lots in some dealers) or online and find one you like that has the work surface you like them get it’s VIN and then go to the parts counter. Give them the VIN and tell them you want to see the parts breakdown on the console and circle all the parts you need then let them do a quote for you.
Thats how I’ve been doing it as it helps the parts counter guy a lot instead of searching randomly for parts and some won’t even help you as it’s a huge time suck looking for parts.
Oh and if they don’t give you a discount just take the quote with the part numbers and hit up any of the oem websites and type the numbers in there as they usually offer 10-30% off. I use the Lakeland Ford website a lot.
I bought my entire console with the work surface off eBay for about what that lid costs new and that was an XLT so I can’t even imagine what a King Ranch or Platinum trim runs.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I bought my entire console with the work surface off eBay for about what that lid costs new and that was an XLT so I can’t even imagine what a King Ranch or Platinum trim runs.
Would you mind sharing what your listing was titled? Or what you searched? I plan to keep an eye on ebay and search for this every so often, but I can't find a single one. Not sure if I'm searching the right thing or not.

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would you mind sharing what your listing was titled? Or what you searched? I plan to keep an eye on ebay and search for this every so often, but I can't find a single one. Not sure if I'm searching the right thing or not.
Same here. Where do crashes f150 parts go?

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The best thing you can do if you want to do it is go to a dealer lot (trucks are starting to fill up the lots in some dealers) or online and find one you like that has the work surface you like them get it’s VIN and then go to the parts counter. Give them the VIN and tell them you want to see the parts breakdown on the console and circle all the parts you need then let them do a quote for you.
Thats how I’ve been doing it as it helps the parts counter guy a lot instead of searching randomly for parts and some won’t even help you as it’s a huge time suck looking for parts.
Oh and if they don’t give you a discount just take the quote with the part numbers and hit up any of the oem websites and type the numbers in there as they usually offer 10-30% off. I use the Lakeland Ford website a lot.
You’re probably right but the problems I thought that I’d have with that are: 1) it took months to find a truck without the work surface and 2) I’m not sure that the ‘23 MY parts would fit my ‘21. Also, going to any parts counter here usually results in blank stares.

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Console

Here is one but it’s pricey for whole console

Armrest only
Armrest only

I just search Ford fold out armrest and there are at least 10 listings right now of various trims.
Sponsored

Last edited: