Sponsored

Humming and slight vibration - from tire rubbing / turning?

Kmoore37

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Car Sales
Hi everyone, looking for some knowledge. I have had my 2022 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5L ecoboost for one month, I recent noticed a humming and slight vibration. It does not happen all the time. It sounds like something is rubbing the tire or something.

Also, when making tight left turns the tire rubs the inner wheel well only on the passenger side. Is there a simple fix for this?

I attached the video with the noise of the humming.Thank you for the help!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kmoore37

Kmoore37

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Car Sales
Apparently the video didn’t post. Here it is.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi everyone, looking for some knowledge. I have had my 2022 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5L ecoboost for one month, I recent noticed a humming and slight vibration. It does not happen all the time. It sounds like something is rubbing the tire or something.

Also, when making tight left turns the tire rubs the inner wheel well only on the passenger side. Is there a simple fix for this?

Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s vibration concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a rubbing noise only at parking lot speeds at full left steering lock. I think its the edge of the tire rubbing the fuzzy cardboard wheel well liner on the passenger side. I decided not to cut away the liner or do anything for it, it happens so rarely and only at full turns at low speeds.

Last edited:

FLPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a
Just noticed the same rubbing today. Front passenger side at full lock to the left in reverse.

Sponsored

KGB81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I am getting the same noise while in 4A in cold weather. Am getting an intermittent rubbing/grinding noise that sounds like its coming from front end axle or something. I initially thought I ran over a plastic or something that got caught in the axle it was that type of sound. 34k kms and just started intermittenly doing that in cold weather. Will do it for maybe 5 seconds at a time for a few times but not during every drive.

bgrigg

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT

Have you heard any more from Ford on this issue? i have same spec truck as you and just noticed the exact noise at 35 mph. Felt as if I was driving over a rumble strip. This happened 3 more times in the remaining 5 mile drive home. Truck has 7,500 miles.